““Dublin means The Westin Dublin to me””
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed May 12, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left,everything was extremely perfect.,I stayed at this hotel for three nights and I was extremely impressed! The hotel is beautiful and the location is wonderful,and could not be any better. It's right in the heart of downtown Dublin, so there are plenty of shops and restaurants to eat at. Comfortable and quiet rooms,although they are opening to the lounge.Great breakfeast.The concierge is extremely helpful for providing suggestions about the city. The hotel staff maintained the utmost professionalism,they were efficient, courteous ,very friendly, extremely helpful and very polite, I was very happy with my stay and as a traveler ,will stay in the Westin Dublin as a first choice.And I’d like to recommend this hotel to everyone. Congratulations.!!Thank you for making my life so easy and happy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

DearBaydu

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your three nights here. We have a fantastic location here right in the middle of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy the central location. I am very happy to read that we were able to help you rest and rejuvenate while you were staying with us.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Spent our 30th Wedding Anniversary in Dubin anD stayed at theWestin on Westmoreland Street. From the moment we walked in we were treated like royalty. The surroundings were fantastic, thye room was beautiful, spotlessly clean and really confortable.
After long days sightseeing, it was a great place to return to and chill out. As for breakfast.....wish I was having it now ! supberb, will definately stay again.

Room Tip: we stayed in 418 which over looks the central attrium area, cannot comment on the other rooms. Nex...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear chrisjEastSussex

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear your trip went well and you could relax and unwind throughout your 30th wedding anniversary. I am delighted we could provide you with the excellent service you deserve.
I hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We have stayed at the Westin Dublin three times. First and second with my husband and the third time with our two boys, ages 9 & 11. This is a beautiful, classy hotel. Most of the Westin's we have visited have been pretty amazing. The location cannot be beat, right in the heart of Dublin's City Center. Trinity college across the street, One end of Temple Bar steps away and Graften Street only about a block and a half away.
The bed is heavenly. The rooms are open, spaceous and clean. Bathroom beautiful. You may be wondering why only a 4 star rating. Well, on our third visit, we brought our boys. I reserved a suite (larger and more $$) because I was told that the sofa that came with the room would fold out to a bed for my kids to sleep in. When we arrived, they informed us that there were no fold out sofa bed in the suites. But they would be have to bring in a roll away cot. Initially they planned to charge me for the cot. But I expressed dismay, as I had already paid for a much more expensive room in order to accomadate my off-spring, so ultimately, they did not charge me. A big hotel chain such as The Westin really should make it possible for a family of 4 to travel together without so much hassle.
The doorman at the front door is my favorite thing about the hotel. He was there all three visits and he was charming, friendly and helpful each time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cynth1
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear cynth 1

Thank you dearly for the response you have posted and the time you have taken to do so. I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay with us while you were on holiday in Dublin.

We have a fantastic location here right in the middle of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy the central location. However I regret to hear that you were disappointed with your accommodation on this occasion, I would like to offer my sincere apologies. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss the issues you experienced I would be happy to go through things with you.

I hope to welcome you back to The Westin soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

The location was very central to everything that we wished to do. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The lounge was very attractive and inviting.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Nanci W,

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

I am thoroughly happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We have a fantastic location here right in the middle of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy the central location.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, close to loads of the main sights and bang in the middle of the shopping areas. We stayed here for 2 nights for a pre birthday mini break.
The check in staff were lovely and upgraded our room on arrival.
They also sent me up a little birthday cake and had iced the plate with a message.
Our room was spacious and the furniture is quite classic, but it's all beautifully decorated with good quality soft furnishings. There are also tea making facilities in the room.
Lovely big bathroom with seperate shower and nice toiletries. When we called down to reception to request extra tea, the service was very prompt.
Conceirge was also very helpful and booked some excellent restaurants for us.
On the second morning we asked if we could have our room past the checkout time and they
Let us have the room for a few more hours.
We didn't have breakfast, because it wasn't included in our room rate, so would suggest getting this included prior to your stay. However, there are loads of great coffee houses and restaurants within walking distance. Would definately stay here again, only thing i would like to change would be the weather!

Stayed: May 2012
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear stacey 049

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Westin Dublin. It is so encouraging to receive such kind comments from our guests.

I am delighted to be reading your review and to hear that your birthday celebration was a notable one, and that you enjoyed all the amenities. I am delighted we could provide you with the excellent service you deserve.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We had such a wonderful time whilst in Dublin for our 5th anniversary! The staff was WONDERFUL and helped us get dinner reservations at The Winding Stair on our last night in Dublin. I'd definitely stay here again. My only con is I wish they had free Wi-Fi, it went down for about 12 hours during out stay, but we were refunded for the down time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Dublin in April. The loacation is FANTASTIC! Out the front door is the Green Hop on Hop Off, Trinity College, Temple Bar Area, Graffton St, and Starbucks.Great service, and room. I can't imagine a better loction. Book it if you are going to Dublin! Only reason I didn't give a five is because I very rarely do, but it was very close.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear ontheroadagain

Thank you dearly for the response you have posted and the time you have taken to do so. I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay with us while you were in Dublin.

I hope to welcome you back to The Westin soon.