“An elegant hotel in an ideal downtown Dublin location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #11 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Portland, OR
“An elegant hotel in an ideal downtown Dublin location”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

For a rewarding brief stay (2 nights) in a delightful and elegant building in Dublin, with attractive rooms and very attentive service everywhere, one probably couldn't surpass the Westin. Across from Trinity College and down the street from superb shopping, near Temple Bar and very close to the Liffey and O'Connell Street, the location is exellent. The hotel has a nice restaurant for breakfast and for dinner when you don't want to go out, and there's also a pbb-like bar and a mezzanine lounge for "tea" or whatever. The staff is helpful in steering one to desired locations and making arrangements if requested. It's a bit spendy but certainly comparable to other good hotels in the city price-wise, and one gets one's money's worth here.

Room Tip: Choose between quiet courtyard rooms or the view.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, May 29, 2011
Dear PorlandOldGold,
I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at The Westin Dublin and had to the opportunity to take advantage of our central location. I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto our team here.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin in the future.
Kind regards,

Andrew Henning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2011

brill location very clean ,nice staff [who speak good english] great reward scheme the only bad review would be in room243 the tiles on the bathroom floor are very uneven you would stub your toe[i did] the toilet is way to close to the wall and the loo roll holder was hitting my shoulder im sure all rooms are not like that ,would recommend.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank desking
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Dear desking,
Thank you for posting your review of your stay with us. It is disappointing to hear you were not entirely comfortable on this occasion however thank you for your valuable feedback. I would encourage you to contact me directly so I may personally take care of your reservation.

Kind regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 6, 2011

My stay at this hotel was great until I discovered that my belongings were stolen. I contacted the hotel about this, and they basically told me that they don't guarantee anything that is not stored in their safe at the front desk or inside a closet. They were basically non-responsive with my complaint until I contact the Starwood Corporation when I came back to the US, then they took me slightly more seriously. However, my issues were not resolved and approximately $1000 worth of my belongings were stolen by their staff, and they told me that they will do nothing for me and told me to contact the Dublin Police which I did. I will not recommend nor return to this hotel again and I seriously question their policy in making sure their guest's belongings are safe.

8 Thank WorldWideTraveller11
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel last weekend and I can honestly say I have never experienced service like it. The staff were all excellent and nothing was a problem for them. As it was our anniversary we got upgraded to a deluxe city view room and when we arrived back to our room after shopping there was a plate left with cheesecake and chocolate dipped strawberries for us.

This hotel is directly opposite the entrance to temple bar and so close to Grafton Street. Location was superb.

Our room was a great size and the bathroom was brilliant with a bath and a massive walk in shower separately.

In the Atrium Lounge you get delicious scones with jam and clotted cream. It is so luxurious and the staff here were also really helpful. The bar was great with entertainment on both nights.

I loved this hotel and would say that it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in loads of hotels as I have a little bit of an obsession with them. We go to Dublin once every 2 months and will definitely be going back to the Westin.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank Mork17
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Mork17
I am delighted to read such an encouraging review from our guests. I am so glad we were able to provide you with such a memorable stay for your anniversary.
I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all our team here at The Westin Dublin and we will look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights in early April with my colleague on a business trip. We checked-in late on Sunday and received a very warm welcome from the check-in person who very kindly upgraded us to a Deluxe room which was very much appreciated. Being a SPG member possibly played a part here.

The room was spacious, clean, tastefully decorated, quiet, and the bed was very comfortable to sleep in. It usually takes me a day or so before I can sleep normally in a new hotel bed however I had no problems sleeping peacefully in this one. Especially important when you are there for business.

Due to our late arrival on Sunday only the Mint Bar was able to cater for hot food which initially was a major negative point however the selection was pretty decent, pricing was reasonable (except for the large Coke which was more expensive than most places in London), but most importantly the staff were friendly, professional, and extremely efficient. We had some interesting requests and the staff were willing to go out of their way to accommodate them. We could not believe how quickly the food took to arrive, and this was not just a one-off, as we finished late every night so ended up eating there all 3 nights, all with the same result.

Check-out was a bit slow considering how efficient the rest of the service was but this was probably more due to the customer in front of us who seemed to have issues. There were a couple of other staff around the reception area who did not appear to be serving anyone else so it was a bit of a shame that they did not offer to serve us especially since we were running late. Nevertheless this did not really spoil what was an extemely nice stay at a beautiful hotel.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Become a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Oi_Ei_Ketsu,
I am so glad we were able to provide you with memorable service and you enjoyed your Westin experience.
I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our team. However it is disappointing to hear you were delayed on checking out and I will address this with the front desk.
If we can ever assist you any further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The Westin room was very elegant, with an incredibly comfortable armchair and bed as well as a truly beautiful bathroom.

The hotel's 'Atrium Lounge' is a nice spot, which serves really good quality teas - the bar has some interesting whiskeys! For me though, the 'Atrium Lounge' can't compare with the sheer sleekness and elegance of 'The Gallery' at The Westbury Hotel where we stayed the previous two nights.

Other 5-star hotels I've used provided free in-room internet; The Westin charges. Smacks of profiteering when a 5-star place charges.

Service was just ok, though the Concierge was very good; helpful and friendly.

Exchange Restaurant nicely styled but food not outstanding.

Overall, I found The Westin Dublin just a little lacking in a number of areas compared to other 5-star places I've stayed. Still a good hotel though, and I'd certainly stay there again given the right rate.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Dear fmpillBelfast,
I appreciate you taking some time to post your review following your stay with us. Although it is encouraging to hear some positive feedback it is clear that you did not experience the standard of service on which we normally pride ourselves.
I would be delighted if you would contact me directly to discuss this further.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 29, 2011

The Westin is a top class hotel, with top class service to match. The rooms are always perfect and the decor is beautiful. I can honestly recommend this hotel without hesitation.

1 Thank Fionabez
Dear Fionabez,
I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our team here.