“Cosy and cheap”

Blooms Hotel
Ranked #80 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Cosy and cheap”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I recently spent three days in Dublin with my boyfriend for a concert. We stayed in Blooms for two nights. We were lucky enough to get a great deal on Trivago so it was fairly cheap which we were delighted about. We were welcomed by a lovely staff member who checked us in straight away, even though we were early. Our room was small and included only the basics but you get what you pay for of course. The bathroom however was very spacious and comfortable to use. It was perfect for a place to sleep and freshen up as we were constantly exploring Dublin city. The VAT bar was expensive however which was the only downfall in my opinion. The local pubs were cheaper but it is still a gorgeous pub if you are willing to splurge. The staff were very helpful and even held our bags for the day until our bus was ready. Overall I had a great time in Blooms hotel and we may return in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make your review. I am delighted to read that your recent stay with us was enjoyable and our team were able to do an early check-in for you.

I do hope that we may welcome you back in near future.

Kris Kumar.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 4, 2014

For the money, it was great. One drawback but lets start with the good stuff. There's a bar, club, you're in Temple Bar tourist area, and close to everything. Nice! The staff Chris/ Kris... he was fabulous when we first arrived. He was charming to guests coming in and going out and offered to help some elderly women carry their luggage, when no other palce we'd been and I travel alot have offered this. Simply endearing.

Teh server who works both in the bar adn in the bistro on the first floor for breakfast hour is lovely. Cannot remember her name, but very hospitable, easy to talk to and seemed interested in knowing a lil about us and our adventures in Ireland and even gave sugegstions. Then offered to help should we ever need it on spots. They should give her a raise. People who are hard workers are hard to find with her personality. :)

Only drawback was the neighbor next door beating his wife and punching her, as we could see through the peephole and called the front desk and they didn't do anythign but knock on door to make sure she was still breathing and tell them to be quiet. Yuck!

Room Tip: Ask for one that has a view. We got a room that overlooked an office, a roof, and nothing more.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TCProfiler
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I will always come to blooms first for a room whenever I come to Dublin. I spent the night with my parents. We booked a triple room and when we arrived the had given us a quad with a balcony! Our view was gorgeous! There is some noise, but not enough to lose sleep over. The room had all of the basic essentials.

My only complaints: one tv wasn't working, no in room wifi, and the light switches were very confusing. The one for the bathroom light was all the way by the front door! (My dad has a brain injury, so this was a little confusing for him)

The free drink voucher was awesome! Dinner was delicious and the drinks later in the night were great with the live Irish music :)

All of my complaints are minor, as I'm very easy to please, but I will definitely be back!

Stayed June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at The Blooms Hotel with our their reviewers. It disappoints me greatly that your recent stay with us was somewhat marred due to these issues and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for that. Had we been aware of these issue on the night of your stay with us, we would have been in a position to offer you a room move.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your esteem, it would be my pleasure if you contact me directly when booking and I will ensure that your next experience with us is to the high standards we set ourselves.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed for two nights just after Christmas 2013.
We found the hotel pretty easy to find after getting off the coach. It is located just on the edge of Temple Bar district so you can either be in the thick of it, or not, depending on what you want. We found it to be the best price and closest to Temple Bar at the time we went.
The hotel staff were great, even when the people in front of us at the desk were extremely rude, arrogant and unreasonable, the reception lady still spoke to them in a friendly manner. Which personally I wouldn't have been able to do, I felt like saying something to them myself!!!
The room was fine. It had the basics you need, cleanliness, tea & coffee facilities, clean towels etc.
I've read some reviews which have complained about the noise from the adjoined nightclub which we could hear but it didn't affect our sleep, however I couldn't tell you how far away from it we were so we may have just been lucky with a room further away.
The attached bar 'The Vat Bar' was fantastic. It had a great live Irish band on our first night, that we really enjoyed. The food was good and the portion size was more that enough! We were given a voucher from reception for a free drink at the bar which I think was a nice touch. I think the voucher was limited to certain drinks but I had a Baileys and my partner had a Whiskey.

We are planning on going again this year and I would defiantly stay at Blooms again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room furthest from the nightclub.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

It is very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback, we are all thrilled that your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable and you found the staff to be friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in 2014 also.

Bagillt
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay at blooms, all staff were very helpful in telling us where things are in the city and couldn't do enough for us! Only bad points which are very minor things, is the telly wasn't very good in our room but would definately recommend to anyone who wants a good stay in dublin!
Food in the restaurant is at a very high standard as well and the entertainment is enjoyable too.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Sincere thanks for your high recommendation based on your recent stay with us. Our team do at all times endeavour to deliver the highest standards in customer service. My teammates were thrilled t hear that enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. Great to read that you enjoyed the Food and Live Irish Music in our VAT house Bar.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in near future.

Indianapolis
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed one night. We arrived in Dublin at 7am and check in wasn't until 3pm. The lady at the front desk was very accommodating in letting us store our luggage at the hotel until our room was ready. She even got us a room to check into at 10am which was great in itself. The room though, not so great. The room door wouldn't open without hitting the room safe door, the room looked like something from a college dorm. It was two twin beds which was fine for the one night, however one of them rolled BADLY since the floor was tile. I eventually had to wedge my shoe under it to keep it from rolling anymore.

Overall, not bad for one night, but couldn't handle more than that.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eldetlefsen
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that our team were able to facilitate and early check-in for you. It disappoints me greatly that your stay with us was somewhat marred due to these issues and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for that. Had we been aware of these issues on the night of your stay with us, we would have been in a position to offer you a room move.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We got a great room deal at Blooms and were pleasantly surprised that it was a pretty decent hotel. Our bed was comfortable with lovely crisp linen and the bathroom was ample with basic toiletries.
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but did have dinner on one evening in the Vat House Bar, which is part of the hotel and the food was very tasty at a reasonable price.
We had no problem with noise, but our visit was midweek, and we were spoiled for choice with so many places to eat and drink just a stone's throw away.
Just a word of caution, you cannot check in without photo ID, which I thought was a bit unusual. I had no reason to have a passport or driving licence with me, when I wasn't driving or leaving the country!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Great to read that our city centre location was so convenient. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused but as per hotel policy, we need a photo ID on arrival to make sure that right room is given to the right guests therefore it's is clearly mentioned on our all websites and guests confirmation. It's is nice read that you enjoyed the food in our VAT house bar.

I do hope that we will welcome you back in the future.