“Excellent Location”

Ranked #82 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
County Mayo, Ireland
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

50 Euro Deposit on Credit/Debit card - held for three days. 2 Euro luggage storage charge (per bag). Excellent location. Room/bathroom clean. Room decor very plain/"cold". No artwork on walls. Ceramic tile floor. No carpet! I felt like I was in a monastery! :-) Bathroom with my room was tiny - no room to move. Shower but no bath. Nice bed and bedding. Lots of lights. Many, many electrical outlets. Best I've seen in an Irish hotel room. I counted at least 12 outlets. Good WiFi in bedroom (free). I was on the fourth floor at back of hotel. Didn't hear any street noise or noise from Night Club in hotel. I had read other reviews advising to stay on a higher floor at back of hotel because of noise issues. Great location in Temple Bar. Great restaurants and bars in the area. A few minutes walk from Trinity College, Grafton Street and O'Connell Street.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mikeyinmayo
JR0113, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Delighted to read that your recent stay with us with the Blooms Hotel met and surpassed your expectations specially with the our central location.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kris Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Lads weekend away. Excellent location, right in amongst the Temple Bar area., nothing more than a few minutes walk away. The staff could not have been better, very helpful & pleasant, nothing too much trouble.
Excellent bar\restaurant, reasonable prices, food great too.
Rooms spotless & comfortable
Would recommend this hotel to anyone. I am so impressed with the whole Dublin experience I am going to go back to this hotel later in the year & take the wife - I am sure she will love the shopping.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms with windows looking towards College Green get a bit of noise from the A\C units &am...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stuart M
JR0113, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to record your most positive comments regarding your stay with us.

I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Krakow, Poland
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We booked the place as we did not have much time in town and wanted to be close to the attractions and buses to and from the centre. Online the rooms look better but were adequate, although they could be a bit cleaner and the smell of strong cleaning liquid was overpowering when entering the room. The area is quite noisy even during the night which is neither a surprise nor the hotel's fault. The reception staff was relatively friendly, though not actually giving the feeling that one is welcomed. Surprising, although somewhere in the small print are the additional 50EUR deposit and 2EUR/baggage storage fee. The adjacent pub is probably one of the nicest in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank P S
JR0113, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

Delighted to read that your recent stay with us was comfortable & enjoyable and we surpassed your expectations.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back.

tenerife
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Just got back from staying at the blooms hotel were we stoped for 5 nights staff very pleasant rooms small but clean bedding and towels were spottles staff brought fresh towels and coffee and milk to are room daily the bar next door the vat room was bright and friendly we had a meal and drinks two evening's ,staff very friendly meals not to much over priced but drink expensive but this was in all bars don't go to Ireland for a cheap break it is not but a very enjoyable one this was are 2nd visit hope to go again the bars are all fun with lots of good music going on

Room Tip: All rooms fine has there is a lift music is noisey but this hotel is in the temple bar area so don...
Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TenerifeJoy53
Dear Valued Guest,

So great to read you enjoyed your stay with us and your trip to Dublin. Thank you so much for your high recommendation, it really is a delight to read such emphatic feedback from a satisfied guest. I do hope you have opportunity to revisit Ireland in the future the team at Blooms Hotel look forward to warmly welcoming you back.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

There would be nothing about this hotel that I could fault! I stayed here with some friends at the weekend and couldn't have picked a better location - right in the heart of the Temple Bar area and close to the shopping area too! The staff in the hotel were so friendly and would go out their way to make the stay even better! The hotel is also joined to club M which allows guests staying free entry if they show their room key - another bonus!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jade m
Dear Valued Guest,

Sincere thanks for your high recommendation based on your recent stay with us. Our team do at all times endeavour to deliver the highest standard in customer service. Great to read that your had such a enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights over valentines weekend. When we arrived at the hotel check in was quick and easy and we were given a free drinks voucher for the bar and our initial impressions where very good. We ate in the bar that evening and have to say the food was excellent, both good quality, good value for money, and the staff were friendly and efficient. Unfortunately that is where the positives end.
The morning after our first nights sleep we were awoken before 8am to the sounds of what can only be described as a building site! There was shouting, hammering and scaffold bars banging. I got out of bed to investigate and when I opened the curtains there was a man stood outside our window, painting! (you can imagine our shock, as we were three storeys up!) The banging and shouting continued and it became obvious that it wasn't going to end any time soon so we decided to get up and showered and head out for the day. In the meantime, after my shower I came into the bedroom to get dressed and realised the curtains were paper thin and barely covered the window which made me feel very uncomfortable with the gentleman stood outside on the scaffolding. My husband decided to go to speak to someone on reception to ask about possibly changing rooms. He spoke to a very rude lady who insisted we could not possibly hear any building work from our room as nothing was scheduled in for that day. She was very abrupt and bad mannered and after my husband offered for her to come and see for herself she reluctantly said there was only one other room available and if we wanted it then we had to be out of our room within 15 minutes! We packed up our belongings and moved into a room on the other side of the hotel. However, at 6am the following morning we were awoken by the bottle bins being emptied from the various pubs along the street. It's safe to say, our experience of the Blooms is not one which we wish to repeat and we will not be staying here again. The hotel management need to invest in some sort of sound proofing, some decent curtains, and maybe send their staff on a customer service course. It would also be courteous of them to inform customers that when booking this hotel, they have ongoing building work so there may be some noise disturbance.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank ZoeRonnie
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very disappointed that your stay with us was not enjoyable and would like to reassure you that this an exception to our usually high standard of service. I just investigated the matter and would like to clarify a couple of points. Since our painting work on outside building started, there is a note in all the rooms for the guest to keep the curtains closed and our curtains are not paper thin, they are made of very good quality material and covered the whole window. Also, as you mentioned in your feedback that you stayed on Valentine weekend therefore I want to update you that our painter doesn't work on weekends. It is highly unusual for us to hear that our reception staff was rude and offered you only 15 minutes for a room move. We are located very centrally in the Temple Bar area therefore noise is always expected and we can not control outside noise.

I am glad that you had a great time in our Vat house bar and enjoyed the food and found the staff to be friendly. I would be grateful to you if would contact me directly at the hotel so that I may discuss the matter with you.

Kris Kumar

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Hotel in the centre of Temple Bar which is fantastic for exploring. We were well aware that the hotel was noisy when booking it, so we're not surprised when we were disturbed in the wee small hours.
The room was great!
The restaurant looked like it needed a good clean. The buffet
Breakfast was good quality food but mass produced and not very hot.
Reception staff really helpful.
Really enjoyed our Dublin experience.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Joan A
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make your review of your stay with us, a pleasure to read it was enjoyable and you found value with us.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.