“Excellent Location”
Review of Blooms Hotel

Blooms Hotel
Ranked #79 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went here for a girls' weekend. Could not fault it. The location is great, we were not disturbed by noise, despite the fact our room overlooked the street at the front of the hotel and the rooms were clean. Bathroom and shower were large, loads of space to hang clothes and the drink voucher we got on arrival was most welcome!

Take a credit card so they can do a pre authorisation of 50 euro damage deposit, otherwise they'll ask for it in cash. The left luggage room was free when we arrived but on checking out we were charged 2 euro per bag - a bit of a cheek, considering we were guests!

Would definitely stay here again if I go back to Dublin, you can't beat the location and the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
JR0113, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to receive such wonderful feedback, it keeps us all motivated.

I am delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable. We share all feedback with our team and I can't wait to see thier happy faces when I share your comments with them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have now stayed in this hotel @20 times and we just love it; location is spot-on for what we are after. Rooms are always clean and staff very helpful. I just love the VAT House bar, always good live music and good fun when the rugby is on. (Going back a few years now, but I miss Barry Lee)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is very encouraging to receive such positive feedback, we are all thrilled that this time also your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

will not be staying here again.. i regulary travel up to dublin to bring my daughter to crumlin childrens hospital. we dont have a lot of m money to spend.. i booked Blooms as it was next to dame street which was where we get the bus to crumlin.. Blooms was the first ever place we had to pay a deposit! i did not feel welcome at all being asked for this! i was told by the man at reception that it clearly states that on the web site, but somehow i missed it when i was booking, as if i had seen it i would not have booked! the room was lovely but noisy as there was no double glazing.. the wifi did not work in the room,,,,, again, a first for us! we could not afford to buy dinner in blooms as our dinner money had to be put down as deposit, not returned until the morning after when we were leaving.. blooms were also loosing out by this.. i could understand if i turned up with a keg under my arm and my child with a six pack in each hand and a gear bag full of whiskey bottles with joints hanging out of our mouths but that was not the case with us! so why deposit???? the bed was cozy so that was great, the room was clean.. but the night reception porter had a face on him like a funeral director..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank aprilsheba

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank your for your review.

Please accept my sincere apologies if your recent vist to The Blooms was not enjoyable but it's is our Hotel Policy which is clearly mentioned on our all website that upon check-in guests are required to present valid photo ID and a credit card to guarantee payment and extra charges.

If you do not have a credit card at check-in and wants to pay with debit card or cash, you must pay for your stay on arrival and provide an additional cash security deposit.

I would appreciated it if you would contact me directly either by phone or via emai - hotelmanager@blooms.ie.

I hope to have the opportunity to speak with you soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Decent hotel with adequate rooms, the location is superb for the many great pubs we visited all within a 5 min walk. Was a bit worried re. the attached nightclub and noise levels - however could barely hear the music and a set of earplugs completely shut it out. Reception staff were very friendly and compared to other hotels in the Temple Bar area this one was far cheaper. The only negative i have is the shower was a bit rubbish (but the water was hot) I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel if youre in Dublin to party

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
JR0113, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very sorry for the condition of shower and would like to assure you that this is not our standard and that the issue has been addressed.

On your next visit it would be nice to meet you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while in Dublin. When we first arrived there we had a small squabble with the front desk. We would be leaving early on our second day and asked for a refund of the B/B rate. They told us that we did not let them know 48hours ahead of time so they would not refund it. When my buddy mentioned TripAdvisor they magically changed there mind and refunded the €20! Room's were very small but also very clean. TAKE NOTE!!....if you want to sleep really good this is not the hotel on weekends. Club M is a night club attached to the hotel and all we could hear is bass thumping music till 230am. We were on the 5th floor. However, our stay Sunday night was pretty quiet and no problems sleeping.

The location is everything for this place. If you want a good hotel with a fantastic location for a decent price...this is the place. Plus the VAT house Pub which is also attached is a good place for a Kilkenny or Guinness!

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed for an overnight with my daughter, at Blooms Hotel last Tuesday night. We chose this hotel because of the location....we wanted to stay close to The Olympia Theatre, as we were going to a concert there and it was perfect for that reason. It is a small, average hotel.....the staff were pleasant enough and the rooms were grand for an overnight and for the price. My only problem was that I couldn't get a smoking room and I had requested this but as it was only for one night, I managed. All in all an average hotel but good value for what I paid :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
JR0113, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We were delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

We take all your commients on board and will look into, to ensure that we are always offering the high standards expected from a 3 star hotel. As per your booking, you requested a smoking room but all our bedrooms are non-smoking. We never advertise about smoking rooms. We have a seperated heated smoking area in the VAT house bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 5 hours ahead of reservation. They stored our luggage, gave a great beeakfast recommendation, and found us a room 3 hours early.

Located centrally between the pubs and Trinity College, Blooms allowed us to catch quick rest stops to relieve my wife's ailing foot from strolling on the cobblestone streets.

The room was very comfortable and the beds and shower were up to our expectations. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I will be happy to recommend the Blooms to any who ask.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback and your kind words regarding our staff, bedrooms and location. We were delighted to learn that you will recommond us to other people also.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Blooms again and again.

Kris Kumar.