“Great value, central and clean”
Review of Blooms Hotel

Blooms Hotel
Ranked #78 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great value, central and clean hotel. Very convenient for city centre and surrounding area. Nice pub downstairs. Received a complimentary voucher for a drink in the bar as I booked through their own website! Only negative was noise coming from the shower tray/plumbing in the bathroom when people in other rooms were showering! Highly recommend tho’!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
JR0113, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable.

Thank you so much for your time.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kris Kumar

Write a ReviewReviews (2,412)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I loved my stay at Blooms. When I arrived (early), I was able to check in, and was given a little gift bag of goodies from a local business. Made to feel very welcome. The hotel can't be any more central to Dublin than this, and the staff were always smiling and helpful. I knew that the hotel was going to be noisy late at night due to the location (the street cleaners come in at 2am and there are still revellers singing in the streets at that time) so if you don't take earplugs that is your own fault. The water takes a while to warm up early in the morning, but when it was hot it was nice and hot. The room was comfortably warm. The free drink voucher at the bar before 6pm was a thoughtful touch, and the bar was certainly well stocked. The wifi was supposed to only be in the lobby, but very late it night I could get a weak enough signal to check email in my room on the 3rd floor. Would go back again and recommend this for so many reasons.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank aussiefaraday

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your review, brilliant to read that your experience with The Blooms was so enjoyable. Just a tip for next time you stay with us, check out our website, we regularly update with special offers.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights with my husband...the location is perfecrt for walking to all the sites in Temple Bar. Great for the price. The bar had decent pub food which was great for grabbing a quick bite before heading out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

It is very encouraging to receive such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I visited Dublin for 4 days in October 2012, and as we planned to walk from one city attraction to the other, we looked for a hotel in Temple bar. Previously we stayed in a hotel in London that had similar rating and similar reviews as Blooms, so we expected similar conditions.We were pleasantly surprised with the room size and comfort.It had everything we needed-clean sheets,towels changed each day,hairdryer in bathroom,the room was quiet (5th floor,also we stayed there Mon-Fri),but the most important- the hotel is close to everything: public transport,sights,shopping streets,restaurants and pubs.It is easy to come back from one part of the town and leave your shopping bags in the room,so you don't have to drag them arround for the rest of the day. So we didn't mind that Wi-Fi had a weak signal in the lobby,we managed to find Hot spot across the river.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. We consistenly strive to offer our guests the facilities and quality of service that makes their stay with us pleasurable and enjoyable as we can. I am delighted that you were so pleased with our hospitality.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed in a triple room for 2 nights in March. The hotel is in Temple Bar and in a great location. Our room was No. 506 on the top floor and we didnt arrive till after midnight because of flight delays. Gentleman on reception was really nice and friendly. The room was really nice - has obviously been refurbished in recent years but it was freezing! The radiator was on but really didnt seem to generate any heat throughout the room - I didnt mind too much cos I like my room to be cold when I am sleeping but my friends werent too happy! Nicely appointed room though with 3 single beds one in a separate little area with its own tv, tea and coffee making facilities and an in-room safe. The only real complaint I had about it was the shower - virutally no pressure so the water basically just trickled out - I was very disappointed at not being able to have a decent shower - maybe its better on lower floors. The bar in the hotel is really good and busy every night with traditional Irish music, the bar staff are also very nice. I would recommend the hotel as it provides everything you need (apart from a strong shower on the 5th floor!).

Room Tip: Try to avoid the 5th floor if you want a decent shower!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make your review of your stay with us, a pleasure to read it was enjoyable. I am very sorry for the shower pressure and would like to assure you that this is not our standard and that the issue has been addressed.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

For the second time, Blooms Hotel saved me! I got to know about the Blooms Hotel when I booked a room at a hotel in the Dublin temple bar area that turned out to be really bad, sparking a terrible allergy crisis on me upon my arrival. I started walking around thinking about what could I do when I found the hotel and asked if I could see a room. The hotel is simple, but very clean and cozy, in a great location and friendly staff. And the best: half the price of the hotel I had booked earlier. I just came back from another trip there and this was my second stay at the hotel - and also unexpected stay. I would definitely go back for a third stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us again. Being in such a prime city centre location accessibility to most major dublin events certainly is one of our many draws for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just got back from dublin, hotel room was very clean. Yes we did have tea and coffie in our room plus little biscuits, very nice. I would book this hotel again very good value. But we did have rooms away from disco so slept well. our friends room was under the disco and said it was noisey, but slept anyway. Hotel bar nice, live band very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
JR0113, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable and we hope to welcome you back again.