“Place I'd stay again for Dublin City Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Camden Court Hotel

Camden Court Hotel
Ranked #46 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Austin, Texas
“Place I'd stay again for Dublin City Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2010

I'd recommend this hotel to tourists and anyone else who wants a good value stay in a central Dublin location. Why? Great location 5 minute walk from St. Stephen's Green, a nice indoor pool with kids area, a gym of a decent size... it's a 3 star but has a nice appearance...good a great deal online...other hotels in Dublin are overpriced..doesn't include breakfast but tons of coffee shops around the corner... Nice pub too called "bleeding horse" built in 1649....free newspapers and wireless internet bounus.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

Stayed in this Hotel last week. It was more expensive that other hotels nearer the citycenre but really picked this hotel because of its leisure facilities. When i got there i was happy enough with the room and the breakfast was good enough. The dowm turn was that when we went into the swimming pool is was cold and the Jacuzzi wasnt working. . . very dissopointing considering why we stayed at the hotel. Also on the second day when we went to shower and shave no hot water! we were told our alternate were to shower in the gym or change rooms. Apart from that our shower was covered in some liquid from prev guests!
For these reasons i was annoyed. But it was very good that there was free parking and also free internet. Thanks

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, Suffolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

Stayed here from the 10th to the 13th August on a Room Only basis.
Room was a good size for me and my sister and the beds were comfy.
We decided to try the breakfast on the first morning and realised that it was a good idea that we didnt pay for the Bed and Breakfast basis. The other two mornings we ate at Rhubarbs, a cafe just down the road from the hotel. You can get the same breakfasts' that are offered at the hotel but at half the price.
Went to the swimming pool only once - had to pay 2.50 for a swimming hat (even my dad had to have one despite the fact he is bald). Was alright but wasnt one of the best hotel swimming pools i have been to.
Myself, my sister and my mum all had our nails done - good price for what you get and the nail technician is very friendly.
i gave the sleep quality only a one as me and my sister were unable to sleep due to the fact there was an irish couple in the room next door that decided to have arguements at 3am. this happened two nights of the three and nothing was done about it. the walls seemed rather thin for a hotel.
overall this hotel is good for the location - it is possible to get the Dublin Tours of the city which are very good to get information about the city and to use as a mode of transport.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Stephen_Hanna, General Manager at Camden Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your nice comments. With regard to the noise levels, I apologies for the disturbance caused to you. On your next visit to Dublin, I would ask that you would contact me directly, so that I may monitor your booking, and extend all hospitalities.
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was in Dublin a few days ago (Aug 1-9) to celebrate my b-day. It was my first time in Ireland. My best friend and I stayed at the Camden Court Hotel, which I selected because it was fairly close to the night life (Temple Bar Area) but not smack in the middle of it (so we can get some sleep). I was pleasantly surprised at how close alot of local pubs were to the hotel. The Bleeding Horse is a large happening pub right next door. Very convenient after a night full of irish beer - we walked all of 2mins to our hotel next door. We also met the pub owner and DJs one night and they invited us to an "after party" when the pub closed. Very friendly staff and great irishmen :) Down the same street as the hotel, there are a number of traditional pubs and restaurants so everything is pretty much walking distance. Dublin Castle, Temple Bar, and Graften Street (shopping area) are all about 15-20mins walking distance away - and I consider myself a "stroller". You

I was there for 7 nights and most of them were quiet minus 1-2 nights were there was noise from party-ers on the street and sometimes I could hear people in the hallways. But this was only occasional and considering the number of pubs within walking distance, I considered the hotel to be decently quiet at night. The hotel appears to have alot of business people (suits) and "families", so you won't run into partyers at the hotel itself. That's nice for those who want to go pubbing down the street and come back to a quiet sleep.

I also picked this hotel because it was the only hotel in it's class/area with a gym, which has become important to me when I'm on travel. The fitness facilities was very nice for this class of hotel. I did not use the pool, but I heard good comments about it when I was there.

For the price - I got a great deal online - I though the hotel facilities (gym) was excellent. The room was large and suitable for 2 people. The bathroom was also larger than I expected. Everything was clean and comfortable, but not lavish. The free internet was a great bonus!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. Delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many thanks for your great comments; we hope to see you back again soon.
europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

Very central with free parking - good size family room with 3 double beds. Room a bit warm at night and noisy with window open. Great pool and breakfast at really good price - would stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Stephen_Hanna, General Manager at Camden Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

A great hotel, about a fifteen minute walk from the top of Grafton St. Very near the Tripod and Crawdaddy venues. Extremely good value for the city centre. Loads of free parking(a big bonus in Dublin) and a lovely leisure centre. While the dowstairs lobby, bar and restaurant were of a four star standard the rooms themselves were basic,but spotlessly clean with flat screen tv and free wi-fi. The food served at the Iveagh restaurant in the hotel was far superior to usual hotel fare and good value at 25 euro for 3 courses and tea and coffee ,all night long. At 79 euro on a bank holiday Saturday night, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. Delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found that we offered good value. Many thanks for your great comments; we hope to see you back again soon.
honey94
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

Stayed for 1 night which included an evening meal and a show at the gaiety theatre and I have to say it was exellent value and the food was great. 10 mins walk and you in the hub of it. The hotel rooms are clean and basic. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2010
Stephen_Hanna, General Manager at Camden Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. Delighted to see that you enjoyed dinner in our Iveagh Restaurant and of course Riverdance in the Gaiety Theatre. Many thanks for your great comments; we hope to see you back again soon.