Camden Court Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Albany House(Dublin)
2,177 results
All reviewsbleeding horseleisure centreswimming poolsauna and steam roomgrafton streetlovely hotelst stephenstemple barfamily roomcentral dublincooked breakfasttrinity collegegymirelandpubseuroluas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2013

After booking an event in the National Concert Hall I was advised to check out this hotel. I've had little experience in booking central hotels in Dublin & this is a little gem - perfect location and walking distance of the concert hall. Rooms were clean & tidy, staff friendly and the breakfast was warm and plentiful. I had to book and number of rooms & reservations provided me with a great deal & good email support. (we were travelling to this event)
It's a lovely hotel with nice friendly staff including the bar staff who made hot drinks into the small hours for our group. We are looking forward to another stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have stayed here many times when visiting Dublin on business, and will continue to do so because it is convenient, comfortable enough, and has the facilities that I need. So if you want luxury, look elsewhere. If you want adequate, then this is fine. It isn't really a 4 star hotel in my view, but it priced as a 3 star hotel so I have no complaints. Breakfast is OK in terms of quality, but has the ambiance and (self) service only one step up from a service station on the motorway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RebekahLavelle, Online Reputation Manager at Camden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest

We are very thankful that you took the time to write your comments about your stay. We are also happy to learn you have chosen to stay with us on more than a few occasions. We are a 3 star hotel, although alot of people assume we are a higher standard due to our facilities. We always try to exceed our guests expectations and we are sorry that we could not meet yours this time round. We have refurbished a large number of our rooms to a high spec over the past year. We take your comments as feedback and these are reviewed with our team to keep improving our guest experience. We do hope to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Pros:
Good wifi - something that's very rare in hotels these days. Good location. Friendly staff. That's it.

Cons:
Television was old and barely working - I managed to get two channels after much clicking and frustration. Kettle could do with replacing. Window didn't completely close - there was a noticeable draft. Bath is small and shallow, so you can forget about luxuriating in a hot bath. No lap top safe, no fridge, no pen and paper - nothing you expect from a 4 star. The room was dark when I entered - the lights were not switched on in advance. The key card took multiple attempts to open the door. Table was too high and chair too low for any real work - aimed at the makeup applying crowd, not the business traveller.

All in all, what makes this hotel worth staying in is not the hotel itself, it's the location. If you're a business traveller who wants to catch up on emails or work in the evening, there are better hotels out there in Dublin for similar or lower prices. Unlikely to return.

My ongoing quest for the ideal business traveller hotel in Dublin continues.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RebekahLavelle, Online Reputation Manager at Camden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to learn you were happy with some facilities, service and our location. We are dissapointed to learn however the room facilities were not up to your expectations. Please be assured that the comments made in relation to your room are not reflecting our usual standard and we would like to look into this further. We apologise for your experience. Should our staff had known we would have been more than happy to accommodate you in moving to alternate room should there have been availability. I would be most grateful if you could forward your booking details to myself directly at rlavelle@camdencourthotel.ie so I can look into this further.
Once again we apologise for this incovenience and we do hope you will give our property another chance in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a competition win so it was actually a freebie. This is a lovely hotel with a great ambience. It has everything you need but without being pretentious. It is a 15-20 minute walk to the centre of town so the location is handy if not perfect. I would have been more than happy to pay to have stayed here and I recommend it highly

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed here a few times as a treat for a night away and to use pool an gym facilities. I like this hotel because it is a goo central location with free parking, which is something hard to find in Dublin. I would recommend keeping an eye for good rates or deals as can be overpriced sometimes so if dates are flexible then wait for a cheap rate.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple