“Hot house”
Review of Cassidys Hotel

Cassidys Hotel
Ranked #43 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a great location near the stops for the Airlink Express from the airport, Dublin hop on / off bus and Mary Gibbons tour to Newgrange. Get the Freedom of Dublin City (bus pass) great deal and includes the Airlink Express and Dublin hop on / off. We arrived early and left out luggage to start touring Dublin. About a 15 minute walk to the Bus Eireann bus station to go to Cashel and Cahir castles. I would have ranked this a five if there was an air conditioner as listed, the room was hot and we were there mid May. The outside temp was 50 - 60 degrees F. The room was very hot and we turned the heat completely off and had to open the windows to sleep. If going during the summer you may need to book a hotel that actually has air conditioning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here as a small group, my wife, adult daughter and myself in a 3 bed room and another couple in a double room.
Our stay here was great, we arrived early for check in which was no problem for the hotel and we got into our rooms straight away, the reception staff were friendly and professional and very helpful.
Our room was huge, more than big enough for 3 adults and very comfortable. One kingsize bed and a queen single. The room was well appointed and was nice and light, but had great black-out curtains so sleeping in was easy.
The location is great, at the top of O'Connell St Dublin's main street with all it's shops, banks, great restaurants and even better pubs. Temple Bar is only 10 minutes walk away, but we did find the walk back after a few pints of Guinness took a few minutes longer.
The food in the restaurant was great, especially the breakfasts.
The day we were checking out one of our friends became quite ill and needed medical attention, they also had to cancel and change flights as they were unable to travel, the hotel was wonderful, very helpful and one of the guys on reception did all the work for us, spoke to Aer Lingus rearranged the flights, printed the new tickets and also arranged for a doctor to attend. He then arranged for the hotel to pay the doctors bill and put all the extra charges on the one invoice to make claiming travel insurance much easier. They couldn't have been more helpful and very professional.
All in all a great place to stay, and we will definitely stay there again when we next return that wonderful city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Pro's -

- Great location. A block away from the Air Coach stop (and it is the closest stop to the airport so you don't have to waste a lot of time sitting at the other stops). Walking distance to most of the top attractions
- Very friendly and helpful staff
- Large room

Con's -

- Hotel is a little long in the tooth. It could use some updating and repairs
- Poor water pressure (didn't really bother me, but my wife needs decent pressure to wash her hair)
- Breakfast was just OK
- The room was hot (in fairness, I believe we were experiencing hotter than usual weather)

If I were to return to Dublin I would check to see if there were comparably priced hotels with a location as good as this and consider them. If not, I would have no problem staying at Cassidys again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel provided all of the facilities we wanted and more. Good sized rooms, helpful staff, value for money, location in Dublin was excellent and easily accessible. Would stay again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I spent our first two nights in Dublin at Cassidys. The location is great and I suppose that given the location, the rates are reasonable. However, I found the room to be really hot, somewhat old and there was absolutely no water pressure in the shower. I read that on trip advisor from another review and didn't really pay much attention to it before making the reservations; however, I found the place to be a little old and 'rickety'. The staff was very nice and could not have been more helpful and we had a good breakfast both mornings. If you want to save a little money and be right downtown [we took the bus straight from the airport and were in walking dropped one block from the hotel], this is probably a good choice. However, if you are looking for something that is more modern and luxerious, you might want to look around.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the street are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Good location, 2 minute walk to pub or convenience store. Walking distance to other amenities. Staff was helpful in booking tours and was polite. Continental breakfast was good! Reasonably priced with choices of cereal, one kind of yogurt, sausage, ham, beans, the eggs did not appear appetizing though. Our room had literally no view but you cant expect everything to be perfect and for all rooms to have a view. Only lost marks because of the view and the eggs. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Slightreturn
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I booked rooms for 13 people for four nights after spending a week of cycling in Holland. I was pleasantly surprised as soon as we enterered as the staff was so efficent and helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet and the beds quite comfortable. It was a great location within walking distance of all the important sites. The breakfast buffet was more than adequate with good variety. I was especally impressed that they fixed us individual cotinenatl breakfasts as we had to leav at 4 AM to catch a 6 AM. I woulld certainly recommend it to any of my friends or clients visiting Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends