“Nothing Special”

Ranked #113 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Bray, Ireland
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

After a spur of the moment decision, checked-in by a lovely gentleman on reception, very helpful. However the room was nothing exciting. It had everything you need but was very small. over all you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sabrina F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

If I would have taken the advice from TripAdvisor I would not have stayed in this hotel but as I was traveling as part of a group and a member of the group had already visited three times before I gave it a go. The building is lovely and in a great location and the downstairs is full of period features. We were staying in a five bed-roomed room and were on the first floor, I thought after all the reviews that I was nt going to get much sleep. It was a little noisy on the first night which was a Thursday night and we did hear the party goers leave early in the morning, but all in all I managed to get a good seven hours of sleep a night on every night. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough to help us out. My only one disappointment is that the rooms could do with an upgrade but for the price I would definitely go there again with friends.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room far away from the nightclub and at the back of the hotel as the tram run...
1 Thank mcmcglinchey
Maghera, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at hotel & left disappointed. The hotel itself is in an ideal location & is a nice period feature hotel but a few things let it down 1. The noise from adjoining bedroom was excessive 2. Night porter very unfriendly 3. Smoking area TV stayed on all night that reflected into our room 4. There was ongoing works at hotel which workmen started early morning resulting in a very poor nights sleep (along with the late night antics of neighboring couple). The only positive was that the bar staff and food servers were very nice and friendly. To be honest I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here on Easter Sunday and were flying out the next day. They room was alright, considering the price.

We had a room on the first floor and had been out for dinner and a drink. When we came back around 2am, the noise coming from the Night Club was so extreme that our entire room was vibrating from the bass. I put on headphones and turned the volume up to drown out the music from the club, but could barely hear my own music.

The club closed around 3am and then around 4 the noise from people leaving was more or less gone - and then we got to sleep!!

There is absolutely no possibility of sleep before the club closes, at least if you're on the 1st floor.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible and away from the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

WE stayed 3 days in Dublin at the Harcourt Hotel and found it extremely comfortable and the staff extraordinarily pleasant and accommodating. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It was concierge service on a budget. They arranged taxi's, arranged shipping to the us, even gave me batteries for my camera. The reception staff was amazing, especially Claudio. The restaurant and night club were great as well.

Room Tip: I did not see a pool or fitness center, but there could have been one. We were too busy to use those...
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great night in the Harcourt Hotel, food great, night club packed, really good. The staff where great I also left behind a very expensive ski jacket. They posted it up the next day. Great customer service.

1 Thank Michael C
Isle of Man
Reviewed April 16, 2014

OK do not go here if you want to be in bed by midnight and get the full 8 hours....it isn't likely to happen, especially at weekends. But if you want somewhere that has a lively bar/disco, excellent breakfast and is within walking distance of the centre of Dublin, it's not a bad spot. The noise of the music, followed by the trams starting up early means that unless you sleepp through anything, you're going to have a disturbed night. However my room was clean, the bed was excellent - no backache after 4 nights, and the breakfast sets you up for the day. Lunch looked good too, and plenty of locals came in, but I didn't try that as I was full after (late) breakfasts. Great outdoor area with huge screen to watch the golf on too. No, I wouldn't go there if I was on business, but for a fun weekend it was great.

Room Tip: There is an annexe but I understand that isn't the quietest either