“Perfect for Parties”

Ranked #112 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Ballycastle, United Kingdom
“Perfect for Parties”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

first thing have to say - one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in!! cleaners should be highly commended by bosses because they do a VERY good job.
we booked in here for a weekend of partying. it was ideal for that. bar and nightclub in the hotel. close to good party-places to eat like TGI Fridays. we didn't have dinner in the hotel, but we had breakfast which was enjoyable but have to say I am a vegetarian at I think they fried eggs & tomatoes in with their meat because I could definitely taste it and it put me off my food all day. but the second morning I avoided fried eggs & tomatoes and had an enjoyable breakfast.
the staff are great!! check-in and check-out was easy. Everyone always had a smile for you and said hello, which I imagine would be hard in such a noisy hotel.
if you're looking a nice quiet get away then this isn't for you. but for a bit of craic, this is ideal!!

Room Tip: try get top floor as nightclub in basement.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
london
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Don't be fooled by the price of this hotel. It's cheap because there is a nightclub in the basement on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. If you're young, free and single and just looking for a base camp while you party it's a pretty good deal, I guess. It's clean and the rooms are quite spacious for the price. However, if you're not in Dublin to go clubbing I would avoid this place as from 10pm till 3am on the weekend all you can hear is the boom of the nightclub.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Shannon, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've seen some complaints and I can't figure out why? OK. There were no Geisha girls massaging my toes but all the staff were friendly..reception, chamber maid and all three in the restaurant this morning. The room was cheap and clean and the bathroom was spotless and well supplied.

For €8.50, you could have as much of a healthy or unhealthy breakfast as you would like. The bacon was lean and the scrambled egg was dry and yellow and not anaemic and runny!

My only complaint for the twin room that cost me €42 for 2 staying right next to stephens Green...... They didn't tell me there were earplugs in the bedside drawer which would have neutralised the snoring from my buddy in the next bed.

Thanks everybody.

Room Tip: I didn't use the pool or the gym so marked as average. Only stayed one night but I spent €100 mo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Tramore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

No hassle checking in and out. Very noisy but great night away with 20 girls:)
Location brilliant.
Room nothing to write home about but did what I expected from a 3 star hotel with a night club in it!
Breakfast grand.
I Would return to this hotel again.
Cheap and cheerful :)

• Stayed February 2013
Conamara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

On business trips to Dublin I often stay at the Harcourt. It works well for me, rooms are clean and tidy, service is ok but most of all the location is central. It can be very noisy at times when the club is in full swing. Overall good value for me.

Room Tip: The Hotel owns the building next door which is a little quieter and more spacious
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is in a good spot. With Tripod and D3 right outaide. The room was very clean and well furnished. The prices for breakfast and dinner were very cheap. My only complaint is the late night receptionist. She was an older woman and could have been nicer. She was a bit rude to me and my friends. Despite this my overall opinion of the hotel is great.

• Stayed March 2012
Monaghan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I would classify this hotel as a budget Hotel. Has to be one of the noisiest hotel I have been at, not due to the noise outside of the hotel but the noise within the hotel, very poor noise inulation between walls and ceilings, hearing another a couple in the room above me at it, hammer and thongs is not the most pleasant of sounds on a saturday AND sunday morning. Was that loud that it actually wakened me. The en-suite bathrrom was a bit on the small side but it did benefit from having natural light. There was no shower gel provided only shampoo and a bar of soap!! The bed didn't have a duvet, it had a blanket and an over blanket one of my personal hates. Location was good close to Grafton stret and Stephens Green.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo