“Hassle Free Midweek Stay”
Review of Harcourt Hotel

Harcourt Hotel
Ranked #115 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here midweek as I was attending a graduation party. It was a comfortable enough stay and I had no real issues. The girl on reception (non-national) was nice and polite, but not overfriendly. The room was basic enough but fine for my needs. Comfortable double bed and reasonable (if not huge) ensuite. The TV was so small and so high up that I actually didn't see it and had to phone reception to point it out to me! However, I hardly used it anyway so it made no difference to me. The bar was nice enough, had one drink there, then went to Diceys across the road as they always have offers. That tuesday night, it was €2 for all drinks so just the job for revellers like myself!
I would recommend this hotel for a midweek stay (close to Stephens Green/Grafton Street etc.) if you get a reasonable price, as it's obviously going to be a bit crazy at weekends with Copper Faced Jacks and Diceys across the road. If you are looking for something a little quieter in the same area, then maybe try the O' Callaghan Stephens Green hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a room higher up to avoid the street level noise, particularly if you're staying at the w...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We booked the room for a night out in Dublin. It's attached to D2 Club which you get free into and it is in a good location. The room had no heating as it was 'air locked' we complained four times about being frozen and then we asked for a room change, we were told a guy would be up to check the radiators and in the mean time they would provide portable radiators to keep us warm, we returned to the room and later received one heater which did not even heat up properly and made no difference to the room temperature. We complained yet again and got another heater that worked properly however no one came to check the actual heating in the room. The beds were basic and the decor was old. Every time you went into the bathroom a fan started up that was throwing out FREEZING air so it was impossible to have a shower in there. After the night was over and we woke the next morning one of my friends noticed that her bed felt wet, that's when we noticed that there was a leak over her bed and she had been sleeping there with it dripping onto her feet. We had to go out of the main reception and enter to our room through another door on the street, this was secure though and handy for us on a night out. There was one man on reception that was very helpful but the rest of the staff seemed to think that we were an annoyance to them for asking so many times about the heat but because of the weather and us having frost on the ground outside we really did need it. We had a 5 bed room and some of the beds were up on planks of wood, also one of them was placed infront of a fireplace that had wood in it. I found that bizarre why have a fireplace with wood in it then cover it with a bed? Very strange! The room was spacious and cheap enough for the money, however there is no way I could spend more then one night in this hotel because of the reasons stated above. They also supply ear plugs for the noise from the club below which was fine because we came back once the club had shut and the area we were in was not affected by the noise of the club anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with working heating and not near the club.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here for a recent Xmas Party as I got a cheap room & the Party was in D2 club which is the club attached to the hotel. Checked in and went to go to the room.. Had to walk outside through the beer garden to get to the room (weird) got into the room and got the biggest shock of my life.. As I said I got the room cheap, If I had to pay full price for the room I was given I would have demanded my money back. The wallpaper was all peeling and pulled off the walls. There were black marks all over the walls. The carpet was not clean. The bathroom taps wouldn't turn off & The ceiling had about 7 holes in it. On the plus side the bathroom and the beds were clean.. We were in the night club until late so the noise from it didn't bother us. However when we returned to the room at 10.30 pm to change the noise was unreal.. would not stay here if you don't plan on going out. The next morning two staff member proceed to have a very long chat out side our window & we could hear every word. Then they started collecting empty beer bottles and throwing them in the bottle bank, it was probably 9.30 am. Over all I would NEVER ever stay in this hotel again, it's an unbelievable waste of money and I was so shocked at the state of disrepair this hotel is in. (Friends who stayed here the same night also had the same experience)

Room Tip: If you do book, make sure to ask @ reception for the rooms furthest away from the pub/club
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2012

In fact, we could not get a wink of sleep on our first night in the Harcourt as there was a birthday party in the bar downstair, which is just below some of the first-floor rooms, including the one we slept in. Unfortunately, as we had left home at 4am in the morning, we were too tired to join the partying crowd. But we couldn't sleep anyway, as the volume of the music was such that it literally kept on shaking our bed. How miserable! And that lasted until all hours. However, the following two nights were lovely and peaceful. The rooms were clean.The staff was very friendly. The other customers were respectful and quiet. The location is perfect for those who want either to stick around the city centre or to move in any direction from there. In conclusion, everything was ok, apart from that party!

Room Tip: Ask the reception for a room not to close to the disco-pub. They actually have many of them
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in the harcourt hotel many times but this is my first review. This is a nice clean, basic hotel located on possibly the busiest nightime street in Dublin city. It is ideal for a quick stopover if you are taking in the Dublin sights and nightlife. I have eaten in the bar area a few times and the food quality is very good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Do you like night clubs? Do you not like to sleep? PLEASE LOOK NO FURTHER!

POSITIVES
-price? (not sure it was worth it still)

NEGATIVES
-night club even in a room FURTHEST away from the bar/club is loud as all hell
-a lot of the staff isn't Irish so there is a bit of cluelessness as to where to eat, drink, etc. that ISN'T a crazy tourist trap
-peeling wallpaper, windows leak like crazy, and overall appeal is quite low of rooms and other spaces of the hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is th ideal location if a weekend clubbing is what you're looking for, not a family of 4 trying to get some sleep. I booked a 'quiet' room - this we definitely did not get. I don't think you'll find any quiet rooms located in this hotel or a block either side.
The nightclub on the ground floor which extends into a courtyard (under canvas to get round the smoking laws!) plays until 4 am and the large colour tv in the yard lit up our 4th floor room. We also had the pleasure of the extra hours clubbing with the hour turning back.
After 2 nights trying to sleep......exhausted.....what more can I say.
Very very disappointed.