“5*” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #62 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Manchester, United Kingdom
“5*”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was lovely and easy to find. Across from a train station which can only be heard with the window open. Three beds to a room, one small double & 2 single beds. nice sized clean bathroom. Would definitely stay here again. The breakfast buffet was hot and the staff were friendly & helpful.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, hopefully we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Rhona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
kent. uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Just returned from a two night stay. Staff very friendly,breakfast excellent, room very clean with all the amenities. The location was perfect. Everything close to hand. Would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Pleasure to read that your recent stay with us at The North Star Hotel was so enjoyable, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Me and my Fiancé stayed here in December 2013. The room was lovely, and well kept, lovely big comfy bed, but, the room was like a sauna, it was very hot and just outside our room was very noisy, with the train track and busy freight traffic, but we didn't mind that, we are staying in a city, so you will have to expect noise. But for those who like a silent night, take ear plugs.

The staff are very nice, we didn't interact much with them (our choice, romantic get away) but they were helpful and polite whenever we needed them.

The hotel is an easy walk to the main bars in temple bar and easy commute to and from the airport (we used the bus, was 12E each for a return)

The breakfast was not great and quite expensive for the quality, so we didn't bother with room service on that basis. I did find the restaurant staff quite rude and dismissive.

I would stay again, but maybe mention that the room was hot and have that sorted instead of being shy, and I would take ear plugs. I would also avoid the breakfast. All in all a nice hotel. Some improvements to be made in my opinion, but my main thing was the room and couldn't fault that (except the heat) Perfect for couples

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for making the time to post your review. Please feel free to contact me directly, I am curious as to which room that you stayed in that the heating was so overpowering. Equally I would appreciate to know the issues which you encountered with our breakfast buffet so that I may make the chef aware. Our full breakfast buffet is priced at €12.50, included in this price is full and extensive hot selection and full continental options also.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel two nights ago as I was arriving in Dublin by train into Connolly Station. The hotel is right across the road. The check in staff were very efficient and friendly. Wifi was free and straightforward and the room was very comfortable. As it was pouring with rain, I broke one of my usual habits and decided to eat in the hotel. I am so glad I did. The staff were very friendly in the bar/restaurant. I ordered a smoked fish platter as a starter and steak for the main course. The barman was good enough to point out that I probably wouldn't need both but suggested I go for a large platter if I was going to skip the steak. It was quite simply wonderful. Smoked salmon, mackeral and trout - and loads of it! As much bread as anyone could cope with and a fab salad. I will certainly go back and will certainly have the smoked fish board. Full marks all round.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank John M
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you kindly for sharing your recent experience with us at The North Star Hotel with other Tripadvisor users. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Booked this hotel on the recommendation of destination Dublin, as part of a theatre package connected to the Bord Gais Theatre. It was fantastic value and we had a two course meal there as well. On arrival the receptionist was bright and very friendly, the hotel décor is recently done and gives a boutique feeling. The rooms were spotless and the beds were very comfortable, and the décor was very nice. We had dinner in the restaurant (two courses) and it was fantastic, a real credit to the chef. The service here was also very impressive, with staff being extremely attentive. Likewise breakfast the next morning was great, it was buffet style and you could not want for anything, with great choice available. The staff booked us a cab and came to let us know when it had arrived, so there was no need for waiting by the door. On return the staff asked if we had enjoyed the show and checked again that we had everything we needed.

The only blip was the car park, it is behind the hotel and a bit like a jigsaw puzzle, I had a hard time fitting the car into the space I was directed to (it didn't help that I was driving a car twice the size of my own) and the attendant was getting very irate with me. I did mention this to the girl on reception along with the fact that I thought I would never get the car out, she apologised and said they would get the car out. The following morning however the car was brought to the hotel door for us.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and I have to say the staff made it really, we were amazed how helpful and friendly they were the whole time, a real personal touch to the service.

Room Tip: Rooms are exactly what you see on the website.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Miss_M01
Dear Valued Guest,

It is always an absolute pleasure to read such a glowing review. I have ensured to copy your review to our staff notice board for our teams attention. We do enndeavour at all times to meet and surpass the exceptions of our guests.

Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here as part of a package deal that included breakfast (wasn't great) Dinner (lovely but limited by deal) and tickets to "Wicked" the hotel was easily walking distance to the shops & the staff were super friendly and helpful. It was v clean & lovely decor. Only down side was the breakfast that was quite rubbery as was prob reheated etc. I would def recommend.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Rosarieb
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for making your review. Great to read that you found such value in your recent stay although I am disappointed to read that you were not wholly satisfied with our breakfast buffet. I would like to take the opportunity to assure you that our full breakfast selection is freshly cooked each morning and replenished as required. I am delighted to read that our team however extended such a pleasant welcome during your stay.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Hotel was clean, staff were great. the part of the hotel we were staying had a strong smell of cigarate smoke about also sauna not working properly. food was good just ashame about smell would stay again in different part of hotel

Room Tip: ask for non smoking
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

2 Thank phil b
Dear Valued Guest,

I note that you visit with us was in January, I regret that your room was affected by the smell of smoke however from the 1st of February we have introduced a strictly non-smoking policy through all of our guest bedrooms. I do hope that we may welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.