“Excellent Trip - Faultless Highly Recc”
Review of North Star Hotel

North Star Hotel
Ranked #63 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights B&B Oct 10-12th. The hotel was fantastic, we were able to check in early, the staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had room 212 which was immaculate,spacious and recently decorated.
The hotel itself was located right at the railway station and 10 mins from Oconnell street where there are department stores and shops. It was 15 mins from Temple Bar where there is a huge selection of bars and restaurants! (We ate at Temple Quay- which was lovely and much more reasonable than the cost of eating in Oconnell street).
We could not fault this hotel we both accessed the gym and sauna, and had our breakfast here - which was amazing!
I would definitely recommend this hotel, i would also say it was a 4* hotel as it is far superior to any 3* that I have stayed in!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank WinterWarmers
NorthStarhotel, Front Office Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear WinterWarmers,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything met with your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Lorna
Front Office Team

There are newer reviews for North Star Hotel

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been using this hotel for events for my company for the past 6 years and every time we receive fantastic service. During our events we also spend a night or two at the hotel. The rooms are top notch and the recent renovation of the lobby area and the bar area looks fantastic. The staff are always friendly and helpful and do a great job coordinating our events. Plus it's a fantastic central location in Dublin near the train and bus station and walking distance to downtown sightseeing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bucks17
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all guest feedback in particular that from our regular guests. We have recently introduced new and exceptional corporate guest packages, might I suggest you contact Sarah Power directly at sarahpower@northstarhote.ie She would be delighted to tailor a package to your specific needs or if you have the opportunity on your next visit meet with you. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed three nights at this hotel with a friend and we were very pleased with the hotel. The location is convenient in the city centre but still in a quiet area. The room was just as on the pictures so no surprises and the beds were comfortable.

Most of the staff were very polite and we appreciated the airport transfer at 5am. They also arranged continental breakfast for us and brought it to the room at 4.30 am without a tray charge.

I would defenitely stay at this hotel again and can recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The North Star Hotel for your recent trip to Dublin, I do hope you enjoyed the city. I hope if you have to opportunity to revisit Dublin you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The staff at this hotel are very friendly. The room was a good size and was very clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. Breakfast was included and there was a good selection. I had a snack in the foyer but service was very slow. It was a bit of a trek into the city centre which wasn't that nice as the weather was wet. It was good value for money but next time I would stay a little bit closer to the main shopping areas.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your reference to our location surprises me, as other reviewers have commented we are a 10 minute walk to Henry Street and O'Connell Street, or
alternatively the Luas which is opposite the hotel is 5mins to Jervis Street. It is unfortunate that the weather was unpleasant during your stay, certainly not ideal for taking Dublin in by foot.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Access to rooms was difficult - had to carry heavy bags up stairs to before reaching lifts. We had a lot of trouble getting wifi coverage in the rooms. Beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean. Reception staff didn't seem particularly friendly. They weren't rude, but not welcoming. I felt like I was interrupting their work when I wanted to pay before leaving. Car park attendants were lovely, and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I regret to read that your stay was not a totally positive one. I would be most surprised if porterage assistance was not offered which is available 24hrs for luggage assistance and general assistance. Our front office team are normally praised for their customer service and I have passed your comments onto our front office manager. I sincerely hope that you may in the future allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your estimations.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel, there were no towels on arrival, the toilet seat was broken and tv remote faulty but all quickly fixed by the following day. It was Very noisy in the mornings as the maids station was outside my room, they never stopped yakking. The safe parking area was good and secure.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologise for the inconveniences you incurred, most certainly not our normal standards. We have a diligent procedure in place with regards the checking and repairing of maintenance issues, I regret that on this occasion our procedure lacked. I do hope you will not be deterred from revisiting with us please do contact us directly.

Kind regrds,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I always say I will, but never actually get around to writing a review after my stay at a hotel. However, after enjoying my stay at The North Star Hotel, Dublin so much I have had to change my ways so here goes! As the title says my stay was so good in fact that I changed my original two night stay to four!

I jumped on a bus at Dublin Airport and was dropped less than two minutes walk from the Hotel. Upon arrival I was greeted by the most courteous of staff who upgraded me for free to the most amazing room with balcony on the 8th floor. The room was enormous and also came with complementary admission to the members bar which although I didn't drink at, did pop my head in, and was impressed with decor and relaxed atmosphere.

Room itself was spotless and contemporary and you wanted for nothing. It was beautifully sunny and so balcony doors open were a must. Yes you do hear passing trains but it really didn't bother me in fact I quite liked it, felt very NYC and these stopped well before I went to sleep.

I did discover a faulty flashing light bulb in the bathroom but this was dealt with so swiftly it made no impact on my stay at all.

I had a delicious salad and Prosecco in the downstairs bar and restaurant McGettigans and was also given a token for free Prosecco with main meal which was very welcome! I didn't have breakfast so can't comment but did walk past the spacious room in which it was held and noticed guest being seated immediately and other satisfied looking ones eating!

They have a small but well equipped gym and sauna which I had for my personal use every time I visited.

Brilliant location for bus station, train station and taxi’s and easy walk to convenience stores including Tesco.

I can't rate this hotel highly enough and have booked it again for my upcoming stay. Can’t wait to return!

Don't hesitate book right away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to read that your recent stay with us was so thoroughly enjoyable and indeed so much so that you extended your stay. Thank you for making the time to post your review, I do hope you have the opportunity to revisit with us in the near future.