North Star Hotel
$181
$281
$247
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$206
$189
$423
$283
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Stauntons on the Green(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$227
$189
  • Breakfast included
$221
$201
  • Pool
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$120
$234
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
Travelocity
2,893 results
All reviewsconnolly stationpremier roomtrain noisetrain lineo'connell streetbreakfast roomcity centretemple barlovely hotelhotel restaurantbooked this hotelfantastic staytea coffeewe arrived earlyfull irish breakfastfollowing morningcroke park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just returned from a three night break in the North Star Hotel Dublin.
On arrival we were warmly greeted and check-in was swift. Room 762 was large and very comfortable . At the back of hotel, so no noise from the nearby railway station. Full breakfast was included and was really good.Plenty of choice and well cooked.
The hotel is in a great location for visiting all that Dublin has to offer.
All in all a good choice of hotel and I would certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of hotel away from trains!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chriskenWestMidlands
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Great to see that your stay was so enjoyable. If we can be of any assistance prior to your next stay with us please do not hesitate to contact us directly at reservations@northstarhotel.ie

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Have stayed here several times and been upgraded on my last visit. Rooms are very comfortable; hotel bar friendly and used by locals; food in the bar & restaurant good as is the service.
I'm originally from Dublin and though not the best/upmarket area of the city the area is safe as any other & it is conveniently located for the city centre and transport connections.
Will be back again in October using the North Star as my base for the marathon along with many other runners & their families.

Room Tip: Railway station is opposite so you will always be aware of trains but nothing too bad.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lee M
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Lee M,

Great review, thank you kindly. Please do not hesitate to contact reservations@northstarhotel.ie should you or any of y our guests have any special requests/requirements for your next stay with us. We will happily endeavor.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was glad that my experience in North Star was a great one, despite the mixed reviews in TA.
Connolly station is directly opposite the hotel, and central bus station is a few mins away (airlink bus stops there). It's a 10 mins walk to O'Connell st., and another 5 mins to temple bar.
Hotel room looked newly refurbished. Beds were comfortable. I could not switch on the TV as it was "locked" and the toilet lights blinked throughout the night. It was not a major problem so I did not inform the front desk.
The only thing I don't understand is why they charge WiFi access for guests. It should be complimentary.
No extra charge to keep your luggage there after check-out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make your review following from your recent stay with us at The North Star Hotel. I appreciate your understanding for the slight maintenance issues you experienced. I assure you that we endeavor to have due diligence among our accommodation management/supervision team on such matters and maintenance procedures in place.

With reference to our WiFi Service we have within the last week tremendously improved by multiple coverage through a new WiFi supplier, in conjunction removed all charges throughout the hotel.

Management,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Any time I am in Dublin I stay at this hotel. It's in a great central location, very reasonably priced and has great service. The rooms are beautiful and immaculately clean, the food and atmosphere is very nice and despite being near a train station, the trains couldn't be heard from inside our room. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I will definitely be returning again and recommending friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy R

Dear Valued Guest,

As always the recommendations of our guests are exceedingly appreciated. If I may take the opportunity to refer your direct to our website for the best value wwwnorthstarhotel.ie or please do contact our reservations department at reservation@northstarhotel.ie

I will also take the opportunity to add, should a special occasion or celebration arise feet free to add any special requests which our concierge would be delighted to endeavour to meet.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I first stayed at The North Star Hotel in August 2011 for a 4 night stay and returned in August 2013 for a further 3 night stay.

On both occasions I have found this hotel to be fantastic.

On my most recent stay my friend and I booked a standard room however on arrival we were delighted to be given a premier club room on the top floor.

Check-in was quick and easy, staff were friendly and welcoming.

The room itself was spotlessly clean, spacious and well decorated. The room had a balcony, tea and coffee making facilities, air conditioning, a full size iron and ironing board, a full size hair dryer and a shower gel/shampoo. The room was cleaned and fresh towels provided daily.

The hotel is in a good location, directly opposite Connolly station and minutes from O'Connell Street, being so close to the railway wasn't a problem as the noise could barely be heard.

There is also a gym on the ground floor but I never used it personally, it looked well equip and spacious.

We had breakfast as part of our stay and there was a good selection of cereals, fruit, continental style meats and cheeses, juices or a full Irish breakfast consisting of sausages, eggs, bacon, white pudding, black pudding, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and soda bread. The breakfast room tended to be quite bust but we never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to be seated,

The bar/diner area is also well decorated and laid out. We didn't have any meals in the hotel only drinks which weren't anymore expensive than anywhere else. The hotel also has a nice beer garden which is covered so you can sit out in all weathers, I spent a lot of time here and it's a nice relaxing area. Good selection of alcoholic drinks, beers and cocktails to choose from. When the main bar closes there is a private residents lounge where you can purchase further drinks.

Check out was also quick and easy and we didn't have to check out until 11:30am which was a reasonable time as a lot of hotels are much earlier. Our flight wasn't until later in the day so staff kept hold of our bags until we were ready to leave for the airport.

All in all a very enjoyable stay, this hotel will probably be my first choice on all further trips to Dublin.

Room Tip: A premier club room on the top floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jacqui270Glasgow

Dear Valued Guest,

Feedback from a repeat guest and hopefully a future guest is immensely valued. I am sure that I can be confident that our recent refurbishment undergone since your first stay with us in 2011 has been notable. As mentioned in my previous management response our team of Chefs have added and enhanced our breakfast buffet selection with a view of meeting our guests tastes and requirements.