“Fab!”
Review of North Star Hotel

North Star Hotel
Ranked #63 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My recent visit to the North Star Hotel was only for a couple of nights and i really enjoyed it. Its situated smack bang in the centre of Dublin. Which is what i wanted, it wasnt near Temple Bar but that was only about 15 mins walk away. Ideal for the Connolly Train station which was literally over the road. So i was able to jump on the Dart train for a day out to Howth which was only coppers to pay. The bus station and tram was only 2 mins away too. I'd definately return to the North Star Hotel and may i also had that upon my arrival, my checking in time wasnt until 2pm. But they let me into my room at 10.30am!! and at no extra charge.This is a brill gesture to someone who had just arrived in a strange city and had been travelling since 5.30am that morning. The rooms where clean, welcoming and homely, short and sweet........... i loved it :-)

1  Thank sharon d
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, brilliant to read that your experience with The North Star Hotel was so enjoyable. Just a tip for next time you stay with us, check out our website, we regularly update with special offers. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Rhona.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,841)

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here for the Nicki Minaj Concert on 05/11/12. Arrived and I don't know why people complained about having to go upstairs to reception when there is only about 6 steps.. Such nice interior and such nice and friendly staff! We got our room cards not a problem, rooms were lovely, two tvs in the room, a balcony, a safe, a fridge, an ironing board and an iron, and two sinks and the comfiest bed ever!! Could live in it no problem! Also woman at reception was so hot (Brown hair and glasses..) Breakfast the next morning was beautiful. They also do room service to 3am! Only complaint is that I only booked one night wish I had stayed a few more nights! Don't know why people complained about trains either I only heard about 3 or 4 of them they don't wake you from your sleep but you do hear them if you were awake! But after all you are in Dublin city! Thank you North Star hotel!!

Room Tip: I got the "Jonathan Swift" Room... Superb
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank aine47

Dear Aine47,

As always, we very much appreciate our guests taking the time to leave their feedback. Hope you enjoyed the concert and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Rhona,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay here when attending concerts in the o2, normally there is a shuttle bus running to the gigs, but this time there wasn't due to low demand, but there was a taxi rank right across from the hotel which was handy. Had a lovely room,109 I think. It looked like it was just newly refurbished. The room was to the front of the hotel, there was noise from the road but that didn't bother us. A continental breakfast was included in our package, but we didn't avail of it as we had to catch a flight home. Ordered of the room service menu, was very nice. Only thing that was wrong was there was no phone in our room so had to order the room service down at reception,but that wouldn't put me of staying here again. Will stay here again as its a good location for exploring the city and getting to the o2.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Deirdre,

Apologies that the shuttle service was not available the evening you stayed wit us, I can assure you it is very rare that we do not have the shuttle available. Yes, 109 is one of our recently refurbished rooms, I am pleased to say we are nearing completion of the refurbishment of all of our rooms. Just to note for your next visit - there is no problem with booking an early continental breakfast which can be served to your room at a time of your choosing.

Rhona

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Andrew E

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel is located just across the street from the train station which was very handy since we were back packing. It was also a pleasant walk into areas that we wanted to visit, including Trinity College and Temple Bar. However, the thing that I'll always remember is that en route from the airport to the hotel (via a city bus just outside the airport) I forgot a small bag. After a few hours touring, I returned to the hotel and the concierge had located my bag and returned it to me. Wow! That was a great welcome into what I came to find as a very, very friendly and warm city.

A cab driver reported that this was not a good neighborhood, but it certainly worked out well for our overnight visit so that we could easily board the train the next morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Elizabeth,

Hope you enjoyed Ireland! I am pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality of The North Star Hotel.

Rhona.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the street the hotel doesn't look much but we were given a very warm welcome and the problem of the dozen or so steps up to the reception was overcome by a porter who immediately took our cases to our rooms. We had no problem with noise despite the proximity of the railway lines. Our rooms were clean although the decor was a bit tired. We ate in the restaurant and enjoyed the food. The bar, which is pub like, was an interesting place to finish the evening.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends