“Most expensive, least favorite”
Review of Parliament Hotel

Parliament Hotel
Ranked #86 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Arlington Hotel Temple Bar at the end of a two-week tour of Ireland. It was the priciest place we stayed and also our least favorite.

The location is fantastic and the desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was disorganized; our room wasn't ready when we arrived and both days we got knocks on the door asking if our room had been cleaned.

The room itself was clean and well-kept but TINY. The bathroom felt no bigger than an airplane's and we had to practically body slam the bathroom door to exit. There wasn't room near the bed for more than one table so one of us had to make do with a precarious stack of books, clock, etc

Being on a busy street in Temple Bar we hoped that being on the 3rd floor would muffle the street noise. Not so. There was heavy traffic until very late and many occasions of car alarms going off for upwards of half an hour.

• Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for Parliament Hotel

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Stayed for two nights at the Arlington temple bar, have travelled to Dublin on a couple of occasions but knew we wanted to be a stones throw away from the temple bar area. The rooms are abit dated, but overall the location is what we wanted. Good for groups, and the bus stop to the airport is literally outside the door as are the tourist buses. Well worth buying a bus pass if you want to head to the Guinness factory etc.. The breakfast was good, and cooked to order. The staff were happy and would do anything to help you. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to go to Dublin! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank jetsetter2727
Reviewed August 27, 2014

My family & I stayed at this Hotel with the purpose of going to the Celtic Night entertainment staged by the Hotel. The Hotel is in the heart of Dublin, close to shops restaurants etc,. On arrival we were greated by a very nice lady on reception who was very friendly and helpful. Guiding us to the car park, across the road and explaining the 50%discount on the fee. On arriving at our rooms my son & daughters rooms were bright sunny and comfortable. My room although a double was so small you had to walk sideways to go around the bed. The chair under the so called dressing table could not be pulled out as the bed was in the way. The entertainment was excelent especially the dancers The meal was very poor, although quite edable. The crowing glory of our stay was the BREAKFAST. Freshly cooked(no grease)and as much as you wanted from the buffet table.

Room Tip: Single occupance beware.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GeorgeFisher
Reviewed August 26, 2014

As with other reviews this hotel does need a bit of an update. The floors squeak like crazy and the bathrooms need some work. You will need to bring your own toiletries which I was a little surprised about BUT the staff could not be nicer, the location is fantastic and we really enjoyed our stay here. For a first few days we backed onto a side street which was pretty noisy but our last night we were on the top floor facing the main road and it was much quieter. The Celtic night was enjoyed by all in our group and the band is fantastic.

The rooms are not air conditioned so ask for a fan and it will be delivered to your room.
For the price I think this hotel was pretty good.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I was able to check in before noon even though the hotel had been fully booked the previous night, which was great since I had that grimy "I just got off a trans-Atlantic flight" feel. The room was small but clean and tidy--and on an upper floor away from the elevator and on the back side of the hotel. In this part of Dublin (on the western edge of the Temple Bar district), this location proved key to getting a quiet night's sleep. I could walk to Christchurch Cathedral in less than five minutes, Trinity College in under 10 minutes, and St. Patrick's Cathedral in about 15 minutes. In addition, I was almost directly across the street from a hop-on, hop-off Dublin tour bus stop (which I highly recommend). There was an attached bar/restaurant that featured typical hot and cold breakfast options, and a nightly Irish music/dance show that was billed as "contemporary", so I bypassed it in favor of a more traditional show at the Arlington O'Connell Bridge, which is a 10-minute walk away on the north side of the River Liffey.

Room Tip: Higher floor on the back side of the hotel away from the main street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ScandiScot
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stayed 4 nights last week. The staff are all very friendly and extremely helpful we had a great time and the show on Saturday was brilliant. Many thanks to Amy and Francesca (hope the spelling is right) on the front desk. The breakfast is great everything you could want. The big let down is the rooms they are badly in need of updating. If this was done it would be great as it has a great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, still a bit noisy but better than the front.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The hotel is in a good location as it is opposite Dublin Castle and very close to Christchurch. The room was a bit dated and quite shabby - the grout/sealant in the bathroom needed replacing and the carpets were worn in places but overall it was clean. My mattress on my bed was full of lumps and bumps and when I turned over the springs kept making noises which kept me awake. I went to reception next morning to ask if someone would please go and check it and before I had finished my sentence the girl on reception offered to move us to another room which I was very impressed with. We were moved from the first floor to the third which turned out to be a lot better as the street noise was reduced as we were higher up. The Celtic night which is held downstairs also gave off a lot of noise so I would recommend asking for a higher floor if noise is a problem to you. There were no toiletries in the bathroom except for a soap dispenser on the wall which was akward when bathing as you had to stand up out of the bath to use it. Breakfast was fine - what you would expect from a city centre hotel really. The bread was white or brown (supermarket style sliced) which was a bit limited I thought - they didn't even offer soda bread! The staff were pleasant and polite (and helpful) My main criticism would be the general shabbiness of the place and the lack of the "little things." We have stayed in several Dublin hotels which are in the same price bracket as this (ie. Jurys, Christchurch, Parnell St. & Quays) and they manage to offer the little extras so I would recommend them over the Arlington.

Room Tip: The first floor was very noisey from traffic and the Celtic Night entertainment
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple