“Great location, fair price, comfotable”
Review of Parliament Hotel

Parliament Hotel
Ranked #86 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Arlington Hotel in Temple Bar (caution - there are two locations, so make sure you book the correct one!) for three nights. We got a great deal by booking through another web site and using a promo code (so check around for the best price before booking), and we found it to exceed our expectations. it is not perfect, but it was everything we needed. The room was spacious and comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the restaurant downstairs served reasonably-priced, delicious, traditional Irish food. The best thing about the hotel was its location - within walking distance from all of the attractions in Dublin. Also, being in the Temple Bar area, it was within mere minutes of hundreds of restaurants and pubs - everything from traditional Irish food to Indian, Italian, and Chinese. If I am every in Dublin again, I will stay here for sure!

Room Tip: We asked for a twin room and got a double bed and a twin bed, which offered us more space than we th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We arrived in Dublin early in the morning and once we got rental car and headed out to find hotel it was about 10am, The ladies at the desk were very nice and told us we could leave our luggage until check in.. as we are trying to get situated, they informed us that they had our rooms ready.. so we were able to get in early.. Rooms are spacious. it does get a little loud at night, it didn't bother me but it woke my husband up. The bar is nice and entertainment good. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Car park is a few blocks away but handy location if you need to park, it was about 14 euros for Friday night. This hotel seems to be located at the edge of Temple Bar so won't be as loud as some of the other places. By the way, alot of breakfast places don't even open until 9am..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a loud hotel. The hotel halls are loud, the alley is loud the rooms above the music hall especially on the first floor are loud. The walls are thin also. It was rough with a baby. If I was without little children I would LoVe this place. It's close to everything, the music downstairs is great, and the service is friendly and helpful. My room's bathroom is in need of dire repair and up grades in the bathroom. The tub is peeling away from the wall. The other rooms my family have are fine. All rooms were clean and comfortable but on the small side. Overall, I liked it here. We had a problem with our reservations when we checked in but it was sorted out quickly and we didn't have an issue after. There is a discount available on breakfast- ask for a voucher. I would stay here again (on the top floor) with or without kids.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SDlocal1
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Hotel is very good located directly in the heart of the Temple Bar District.
The Reception staff very friendly, the small rooms are very clean and good furnished
The Bar is very nice and offered good musci

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

So much better than the last time I was their. Stay there in 2011 and service was awful. My Sis asked me to give it another try cause it was the best location for us, and we did. The service was amazing this time around, staff very friendly and helpful, go out of their way help you with your requests. The family room was clean, bathroom was average a little dated but no biggy. The restaurant staff was awesome this time around. The bar staff were the best, service was amazing. The location of this hotel is the best, your in walking distance of a lot of stuff. Will stay again :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I came expecting a poor quality room since I saw some pictures posted with mildew and such. I already knew that this hotel would be loud since there's a bar directly downstairs. My expectations were low, but during first night everything had not only exceeded but also surpassed my expectations!

Our first part of the trip was a bit rocky since our directions were a bit confusing and the bus driver helped us by dropping us off at Temple Bar. We had asked around looking for the AHTB and ended up at the actual bar Temple Bar... locals directed us to a hotel next to the temple bar, nope, wasn't it. We then proceeded to the nearest convenient store. The lady at the counter was kind enough to look up AHTB and guided us across the bridge to another hotel called the Arlington Hotel. We dragged our luggage up and down stairs and uneven surfaces... where we then found the hotel. Only after the concierge couldn't find reservations did he notice that we were looking for the AHTB. He guided us down three bridges and over the third back up a hill and to the left. Would've been perfect if he only knew that it was actually to the right one street over, but that's a whole other story. BOTTOM LINE IS make sure you know where the hotel is located. It's best to mention that its right across the Dublin Castle if your walking from the bus stop or hailing taxi.

When we got to the hotel the receptionist couldn't find our reservation, well sort of... It looked like another couple had already checked in under our reservations. Luckily the manager was able to figure this out rather quickly and switched our reservations. I wouldn't say this was their fault since the other couple booked the exact dates, room, and had similar last names (off by a letter). The staff seemed apologetic and quickly gave us our room.

When we got to our room on the third floor (room 317) we were pleasantly surprised. Our double one bed bedroom had an additional attached small bedroom which made the room seem bigger than what I had expected. The restroom was very clean, no mildew or grout issues like what another traveler had posted. My only complaint about the restroom is the shower pressure, the water pretty much trickled down but was enough to keep clean. There are clean white sheets and towels that get folded every day as you are out and about the city. There's a safety lock to store passports and whatnot in your hotel room. Other than the floors being very creaky (I mean it is an old building as most of Ireland's city centre is made up of), but otherwise VERY QUIET probably because we were on the highest floor.

I had actually went downstairs to break my cash so that I could leave a tip for the maids and was excited to hear that on the first level into the bar there were live music and traditional Irish dancers dancing on stage. What a treat!

All in all, my husband and I had a lovely time at the AHTB and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights, two weeks apart. Both times the door pass card did not work and we were moved to a different room. It was supposed to be an upgrade but our view of the alley remained the same and the floor creaked, loudly. The hotel needs a renovation badly. The staff is helpful and pleasant but they need help with the premises.

• Stayed: June 2013