“Better Experience”
Review of Parliament Hotel

Parliament Hotel
Ranked #82 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 1, 2013

So much better than the last time I was their. Stay there in 2011 and service was awful. My Sis asked me to give it another try cause it was the best location for us, and we did. The service was amazing this time around, staff very friendly and helpful, go out of their way help you with your requests. The family room was clean, bathroom was average a little dated but no biggy. The restaurant staff was awesome this time around. The bar staff were the best, service was amazing. The location of this hotel is the best, your in walking distance of a lot of stuff. Will stay again :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,570)

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I came expecting a poor quality room since I saw some pictures posted with mildew and such. I already knew that this hotel would be loud since there's a bar directly downstairs. My expectations were low, but during first night everything had not only exceeded but also surpassed my expectations!

Our first part of the trip was a bit rocky since our directions were a bit confusing and the bus driver helped us by dropping us off at Temple Bar. We had asked around looking for the AHTB and ended up at the actual bar Temple Bar... locals directed us to a hotel next to the temple bar, nope, wasn't it. We then proceeded to the nearest convenient store. The lady at the counter was kind enough to look up AHTB and guided us across the bridge to another hotel called the Arlington Hotel. We dragged our luggage up and down stairs and uneven surfaces... where we then found the hotel. Only after the concierge couldn't find reservations did he notice that we were looking for the AHTB. He guided us down three bridges and over the third back up a hill and to the left. Would've been perfect if he only knew that it was actually to the right one street over, but that's a whole other story. BOTTOM LINE IS make sure you know where the hotel is located. It's best to mention that its right across the Dublin Castle if your walking from the bus stop or hailing taxi.

When we got to the hotel the receptionist couldn't find our reservation, well sort of... It looked like another couple had already checked in under our reservations. Luckily the manager was able to figure this out rather quickly and switched our reservations. I wouldn't say this was their fault since the other couple booked the exact dates, room, and had similar last names (off by a letter). The staff seemed apologetic and quickly gave us our room.

When we got to our room on the third floor (room 317) we were pleasantly surprised. Our double one bed bedroom had an additional attached small bedroom which made the room seem bigger than what I had expected. The restroom was very clean, no mildew or grout issues like what another traveler had posted. My only complaint about the restroom is the shower pressure, the water pretty much trickled down but was enough to keep clean. There are clean white sheets and towels that get folded every day as you are out and about the city. There's a safety lock to store passports and whatnot in your hotel room. Other than the floors being very creaky (I mean it is an old building as most of Ireland's city centre is made up of), but otherwise VERY QUIET probably because we were on the highest floor.

I had actually went downstairs to break my cash so that I could leave a tip for the maids and was excited to hear that on the first level into the bar there were live music and traditional Irish dancers dancing on stage. What a treat!

All in all, my husband and I had a lovely time at the AHTB and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights, two weeks apart. Both times the door pass card did not work and we were moved to a different room. It was supposed to be an upgrade but our view of the alley remained the same and the floor creaked, loudly. The hotel needs a renovation badly. The staff is helpful and pleasant but they need help with the premises.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

From the congestion of traffic during rush hour in Dublin we found the Arlington Hotel Temple Bar to be a pleasant oasis in the city. When we arrived we were tired and hungry, so we went to the Bar and ordered a 1/2 half chicken meal that came to us in minutes. The staff was very friendly and professional. Our room, though dated was the largest room in the 6 hotels that we had stayed in. Two large windows provided fresh air with no stuffy feeling. The location of the Hotel could not have been better. We loved our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Airport bus 747 drops you off right in front of the hotel....and you pick it up for airport return on the opposite side from where they dropped you off...couldn't be easier. Rooms not fancy but clean. No shampoo in the bathroom so make sure you have your own. Charming hotel....yes, not new but most of the charm comes from the era of the hotel. Lovely main staircase. Good breakfast the next morning....was included with the room rate so not sure what the cost would be otherwise. They offer you a hot option (eggs made your way, sausages, bacon, etc) and the usual assortment of breads, pastries, yogurts, cereals, fruit, etc...and coffee, tea and milk. All hot and fresh. Great service. Slept well. Easy walk to Temple Bar and nice area for sightseeing...just across from Dublin Castle and around the corner from Christchurch Cathedral.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at the Arlington Hotel for two nights on a business trip, with a little time for sightseeing as well. I booked the room just a few days before my stay in a busy conference period, so hotel availability was fairly low. Even so I got a double room for €89/night including full Irish breakfast, which was quite reasonable for the season.

The hotel itself is a decent tourist class hotel. The room was clean, not too big but I have seen rooms significantly smaller in other hotels. Everything was at it should be, and the bed was quite to my liking. Location was excellent for my needs - just across the road from Dublin Castle (where the conference was) and in the quiet end of the Temple Bar pub district, so not too noisy at night, but still close enough to fully enjoy the pubs and life of the district. The Guinness brewery is about a 15-20 minutes walk away, and the Christ Church cathedral is just a few hundred meters down the road. The Airlink bus stop is just outside the hotel.

The best thing, however, was the service and the hospitality of all the staff, whether it be the girls in the reception, the guy who took my suitcase for storage, the crew in the associated pub and the waitresses at breakfast. Everybody was smiling and happy to help, and very attentive to even small issues.

All in all I was very happy with my stay at the hotel, and if my next visit to Dublin require me to stay near Temple Bar and/or Dublin Castle, I will definitely choose Arlington.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The dancers really put their all into it and were impressive. Too bad the evening was ruined by a band that was just going through the motions (there are lots of excellent musicians around Dublin, just not here on the night I attended this show). The food was by far the worst of 9 days in Dublin. The fish and chips dish had fish swimming in grease, not crispy. The Irish Stew had so much grease that I still nearly gag thinking about it.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family