“Musty and Old property”
Review of Parliament Hotel

Parliament Hotel
Ranked #85 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have been traveling to Dublin for years. I only stayed here once. While the location is great, the rooms were musty and somewhat dirty. There are nicer, cleaner places to stay for the same money within a block or two. The rooms are typical size for central Dublin. Not impressed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nicole78374
Write a ReviewReviews (1,568)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights on business. The price was reasonable and the location and service was very good. The room wasn't the best. The bedroom and bathroom could do with some repairs and mods etc. They were both a bit old looking. The pillows were like sand bags and TV was quite small. Breakfast was very good and it's worth getting an inclusive deal if you can. But service was very good, helpful and friendly. I had a front room, by the road and it was a bit noisy. I was right above the bar but couldn't hear the show. I didn't go to the show or bar.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for rear room and ask if you can hear the bar from the room n
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Richard H
Reviewed June 8, 2013

1st time to Dublin, and chose this hotel from the reviews. The laocation was excellent, right on the edge of Temple Bar.
The staff were really friendly, especially Stephen and Amanda. The food was excellent, we had such good breakfasts and lunches, we never got round to dinner!
The free Irish music and Dancing show was 1st class.
Yes, the room may look a little tired, but did'nt come to spend time in the room. Housekeeping was excellent, cleaned every day.
Will definitely stay here when back in Dublin.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris_Suzie_CK
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I came to stay at the Arlington back in April with friends for my birthday. It was our first time to Dublin and we were so happy that we were located right in the middle of the city near everything. The hotel was also very easy to find. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was very friendly, especially the bar staff. I don't like whiskey and am not a Guinness fan but our bartender Larry was awesome, he mixed blackcurrant in the Guinness and we loved it! I'd definitely recommend staying at the Arlington, in fact I'll be coming back in July!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Becca329
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Picked this hotel because of its location and the reviews. The best aspects are undoubtedly the location and the lovely staff. (all of them). It is a real irish welcome. The room was fine although bathroom was small. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. Only downside, room to. He back of he hotel was very noisy even with windows closed. Although its on the edge of Temple Bar the noise was ridiculous.

In summary due to the staff I would stay again but request a room to the front and take my chances with he traffic.

Room Tip: Stay away from rear facing rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CelticFire
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Extremely friendly hotel in the centre of Dublin. Clean rooms, great breakfast, and close to all major attractions. Would definitely stay here again and recommend this great little hotel. Particularly enjoyed the Irish Dancing Show presented nightly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Harry P
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just come back from 3 night stay in this hotel and the best thing about it was the staff. Every time we came in and out the girls gave us lovely smiles and greetings and the breakfast staff were also cheerful and pleasant. Rooms were clean, food at breakfast came very quickly and there was a good choice. Only downside is that bedroom doors are not soft closing so room shook if neighbours came in and out and also walls are pretty thin. I kept thinking someone was clicking my light switch! That apart I would recommend this hotel for its friendliness and its courtesy. We left our cases on the last day until it was time to depart and as soon as we came in I was handed some ear-rings that I had inadvertently left in my room and then our cases were ready for us without even having to hand in our receipts. This attention to detail sets this hotel apart and I would certainly stay again. The cocktails were delicious and reasonable and we enjoyed most of the entertainment at nights, especially the dancing.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends