“Avoid at all costs”

Ranked #138 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Cork
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked one midweek night at this hotel for my husband, my 12 year old son and myself, what a mistake! It looked good enough on the website but photographs can be very deceiving. Firstly the elevator is TINY and the whole place is dusty. There were three sets of earplugs in the bathroom but no toiletries. We went out for dinner and returned at 7pm to find the place swarming with beefy security staff, they were everywhere! The bar at the back of the reception area was in pitch darkness and there was a pounding "oontz oontz" racket which was, presumably, what passed for music in this place. I asked the receptionist what time this would stop and was tole 3.3am! I then asked to be moved and was given a VERY rude reply. Apparently this semi literate, gumchewing, badmannered, greasy chav was actually the manager. Her only response was to tell me to check out if I liked. Which I did. We never even spent the night in the place and will NEVER again set foot in that hellhole. It cannot, in all conscience, call itself a hotel at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rose B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Excellent location, the best clubs and bars are inside the hotel, but the hotel staff ensured that we easily get to our rooms, and that everything is safe. rooms are a little bit tired, but serve the purpose. staff at the reception is super friendly. we were on B&B, and the food is ok, you won't be hungry, but do not expect luxurious meal. City centre is couple of minutes away. all in all, excellent value for money!

Room Tip: Try getting a room facing the main street, less noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a nightmare .. There is loud pounding music and its one thirty am ...blue lights are flashing outside my window and the shrill of women's voices are bouncing around the room....I asked for a glass of water and was refused , after a period of time it was eventually brought over ...no wifi in hotel which is pretty much standard in hotels ...rooms leave a lot to be desired , rusty fridge... And a kick of paint wouldn't go amiss ... Stay away its just not worth it ...

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Dave D

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We checked in because of the location and pricing and spent two nights of disco's til 3 and 5 a.m.--needless to say we didn't spend a third night-clean, but very tiny lift-(elevator). We were doing day tours, so didn't experience any food.

We mostly interacted with the Bulgarian bouncers who were a the door directing people to the disco next door--coild not make a call from our room and the internet in the lobby was down.

Room Tip: Don't chose a room if you want to sleep
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank droumleap
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I knew something was wrong when I saw the pack of complimentary ear plugs. But even these were little use with the night club noise in the early hours and beware this for all week. Thankfully we were only there for three nights. Our room (300) was good on the third floor overlooking the street. Breakfast was also good and the reception area clean. But beware the lift only room for two slim persons. We enjoy Dublin and we will return but not to Russell Court Hotel. Tomorrow I will share our experience with our travel agent and in future I must remember to read Trip Advisor.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nohj54
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

What ever you do, if you value getting to sleep before 4am, then do NOT stay at this hotel. I've done my fair share of travelling and have stayed in a questionable hotel once or twice, but this one certainly takes the cake as the worst ever!

My husband and I were not made aware that we would be staying directly above a busy nightclub. The music was so loud that we felt as if we were in the club ourselves! When I demanded that our room be moved, I was informed that the hotel was fully booked so no other room was available. Then I demanded my money back. The night manager informed me that the day manager could help me. When I asked how long the club was opened until, I was told until 3.30am!!! Unfortunately, there was still yelling, partying and car horns going off until well past 4am. All this on a Wednesday night!!! I can't even begin to imagine what it would be if we were there over a weekend!

When we finally did get a couple of hours of sleep, the mattress made up for the lack of noise keeping us awake. We could feel the springs, it was that uncomfortable.

In the morning, I spoke with the day manager (Gary) and he said that he could not refund me my money as I didn't book directly with the hotel's website (we booked through an online source). I even asked why since I had paid the hotel directly upon arrival...no answer other than we didn't book directly with the hotel. He also informed me that the noise information was clearly noted on their website (I looked), but it's not mentioned AT ALL! Finally, I learned when I phoned the site I booked with that this was BS and the manager could have and should have handled my refund.

We were only in Dublin two days and this experience ruined our second day in the city. Needless to say, WE WILL NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly B
Mullingar
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Well there was but it took over an hour for it, in fairness she got her money back but there was not enough bar staff on we were in for some food and drinks before a concert!!! Da room seems nice but the bar and good are SLOW

• Stayed June 2013