“Customer service issues”

Russell Court Hotel
Ranked #136 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stay there on 31st March. The receptionist was quiet rude nd unfriendly nd not very helpful with parking issues. After checking in nd being almost harrassed for the 50Euro "deposit" we got to our room which I have to admit was a really lovely room but on close inspection it had not been cleaned properly from the previous guest. We did inform the "receptionist" of this but she seemed more interested in the mobile phone conversation than listening. The next morning when we were checking out my partner went to speak to a different "receptionist" but this one was even ruder than the last one nodding her head at him rather then uttering a word. I seriously recommend the management of this hotel get their female receptionists retrained in Customer Services as the only male receptionist was extremely polite nd helpful. The location was ideal nd it was value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed for three nights in march, the hotel is lovely and clean, close to the city centre but is very noisy at night but we expected this and both managed to sleep through the loud music from the bar/club (Diceys). Our room was on the third floor and window was overlooking the bar so may be quieter on the opposite side of hotel. We booked over two month in advance and requested a double bed in room but it was 2 single beds pushed together which was uncomfortable. Breakfast was ok nothing special, there's quite a bit to choose from. Some staff are polite and helpful and other were extremely rude particularly the waitress at breakfast and the bouncer who practically pounced on us as we entered the hotel who abruptly asked for our room number to check if we were residents. Another thing is that the tv only had a couple of channels that it had listed in the welcome book. Shower was nice and hot and powerful and the room was very spacious and provides tea and coffee and kettle and fridge. There is lots of storage space in the room furniture is old fashioned but I quite liked it. Overall the stay was ok but not great.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend on New Year's Eve. It was very noisy but we expected that. The room was spacious and acceptably clean but shabby; there were numerous holes in the upholstery on the couch in our room. My main issue was with the fact that while heading back up to our room at the end of the evening by boyfriend was asked by a member of staff if he was a hotel guest. He replied in the affirmative and gave his name. He was told he "wasn't on the list" and subsequently physically escorted out. He is respectable and was not intoxicated or aggressive. He had no jacket or phone and it was mid-winter. Luckily a friend of ours was present and was able to contact me. I had to come down from my room (after getting ready for bed) and explain to the bouncer that he was a guest, that he had signed in at check-in and find his name on the list to show the bouncer. We still had to wait for a manager to be called while my boyfriend was made to wait outside in the cold. It was disgraceful. We were offered nothing in the way of compensation or formal apology.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RachelEllen89
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here last night (12/3/13) and was the worst experience of my life. Walk outside the hotel and are pounced on and followed by creeps (this is not good for two young girls) bouncers on the door didn't do anything. Got back up to the room, tired and looking to go to bed when you hear loud noise outside shouting and the garda everywhere! then the fire alarms go off and we called reception and they didn't answer, thinking nothing of it we stayed in the room and 4 fire brigades turn up. (I'd like to think the receptionist or staff would tell you to evacuate. We got changed and went downstairs as the alarm continuously went. On going downstairs we found people from the nightclub in the hotel section, security were accusing them of taking drugs which they were (knew by looking at their faces). Two 19 year old girls sitting there and not one member of staff asked us were we ok. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN & will NEVER recommend it to anyone else. only my car was parked in the q-park down the street I would have drove home at 3am instead of staying there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Niamh C
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night, I had stayed here before and ha recieved a better experiance. On arrival I felt the reception staff most unfriendly. When I arrived to my room I realised there was no heating or no way of turning any heating on in the room or in the bathroom. It was -2 degrees outside and there was a north wind blowing through the window. The bed was awful it appeared to be sloping to one side and the mattress was dipped in the middle, i would say it hadn't been changed in years. The floor creaked with every footstep which was annoying. There were very few convenient electrical sockets in the room that you could use. The shower was tiny and water leaked out through the door but it did have hot water and their was good pressure. The room itself was realtively clean but having a room in artic conditions with no heat is terrible. The breakfast in the morning was included in the rate, it was terrible, very cheap cooked breakfast, it was like it was pre-cooked and microwaved not tasty at all, I left most of it behind. I would advise anyone not to stay here anymore then one night or don't pay anymore then €30 a night, it is not worth much more.

Room Tip: I had Room 28 so if you get this room ask for another
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank thesphinx23
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Russell Court for one night and got a pleasant shock when I opened the door to my room - or should I say rooms! I paid only 25 euro inc breakfast but got what looked like a small suite - spacious living area, large bathroom with bath and shower, and a bedroom with a king size bed. What's more, the furniture was classy, which suited the Georgian building. The bed was really comfortable, and with good quality bedlinen. Earplugs were supplied - and are necessary, with techno music blaring into the early hours. But as long as you have these, and don't have children in tow, this is a great little hotel in one of the city's best locations.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are best, and away from the street. My lovely room was number 302. There is a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed February 25, 2013

They have a very loud club downstairs which is fun if you go to. Don't stay here if you want to sleep at night. The staff is quite rude and unhelpful. They have asked us to pay 3€ to keep our baggages after checking out but the bags weren't even locked, they were in front of the reception desk and they weren't even paying attention to them. Another thing I didn't like is that they provide taxis for €24 to the airport and they said it will not cost more than that but the driver asked us for more when arrived at the airport.
Other than that we paid for a twin room and we had a very large room with two double beds which was GREAT!

Also, they have this stupid rule that they need to vacuum at 9 am when absolutely everyone in the hotel is hungover....

• Stayed: December 2012