“very laut”

Russell Court Hotel
Ranked #137 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Rooms are big with character. Unfortunately its so noisy its hard to sleep. It would be great accomodation if some money invested in noise isolation. Location is great just in city centre. It must be great place for young 'party' people, not recomended for older people. Very cheap.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was up in Dublin at the start of January to see Gary Barlow so wanted somewhere cheap and close by to Dame Street to rest my weary bones so booked in here and must say I really enjoyed my stay.

True it's over a nightclub but there's plenty of warnings about that on their website so I wasn't bothered about that in the slightest.

Breakfast was really tasty as well so topped off a lovely stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KINGOFBEBO
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night and was very centrally located. Room was great and very clean. We were out late which was good as we got back at 3 am and Diceys nightclub was still rocking so we joined in. Great if that's what you want as we did but stay away on weekend if you plan on an early night.
Overall great value and location.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Davedarave00
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I wasn't expecting too much but even I was shocked by this place. How the Russell Court Hotel gets away with selling itself as a hotel is beyond me. We checked in for 4 nights at the end of our holiday in Ireland and couldn't wait to get out of the place. We where first checked into room 33 which wasn't bad, its big, comfortable and a decent bed. It was however right above Dicey's (the nightclub) and you might as well have been sleeping in the club, it was ridiculous. You could literally hear and follow peoples conversations while being serenaded by Rhianna & Jay-Z at about 1000 Decibels. We got moved to room 28 after much debate which is a shoebox in comparison and I'm still trying to remove the bed-springs from my back.

One has to understand that Hardcourt Street is a busy street with nightclubs and people but this place calling itself a hotel is a joke. If you want a peaceful nights sleep, DON'T stay here.

Room Tip: Don't take Room 33 - its looks right onto the nightclub!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hans H
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel itself was quite good with a surprisingly beautiful and upscale lobby with a piano and fireplace, and a very ideal location near St. Stephens Green and Temple Bar/Grafton Street. The room I stayed in was wonderful and basically a suite. It had a queen size bed (I believe), a separate living area complete with a television, couch, armoir, and fireplace, as well as a nicely appointed private and spacious bath. For the amazing deal I found on booking.com, this was unbelievably wonderful! As soon as I entered my room, I immediately called my family saying, "You won't believe my room here!" The staff was very friendly and the breakfast that came with my room was delicious!! You can get a full Irish breakfast here.

There were some minor drawbacks, however. Although probably quite fun for most young travelers to Dublin, the hotel has a nightclub attached which proudly played club trance music until 6:00 AM, when it finally closed. The hotel does provide complimentary ear plugs (which might have been a sign), which served well. Also, the rooms do not have wifi. Instead, you have to go to the lobby to access the internet, although it is free. And finally, the hotel is on a central heating plan so you cannot set your individual room temperature. Mine was very warm for me and I had to open the windows to cool it so I could sleep comfortably. Fortunately, Dublin in the wintertime certainly was able to lower the temperature rather quickly. Unfortunately, it made the nightclub trance music even louder.

Nonetheless, I found these to be merely minor issues and still quite enjoyed my stay. I wouldn't stay for an extended time most likely, but for a few nights in Dublin, its perfect for a student like myself. It is a surprisingly good deal, much better than the other options for the same price point.

Room Tip: On the third floor (I believe), if you get rooms with multiple digits I believe (maybe 4), you get a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2012

fab hotel, breakfast was amazing, the place is very clean and nicely done out bedrooms were lovely and spacious and as for all the comments about the "NOISE " that i have read, well, when we booked we knew it was above a night club so expected noise BUT in fact we hardly heard a thing..... so good we going back next year

Room Tip: I was in a triple room 105 , friends in double room 104 no noise in either room, daughter in 107 som...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bettyboo1723
Reviewed December 14, 2012

It was so bad that we had to check out of the hotel just after midnight, "on a Tuesday" and don't even bother asking for a refund because you will be left waiting, It is by far the worst hotel in Dublin.Definition of a hotel "An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travellers and tourists" Trust me this is not a hotel by any means I would advice anyone wishing to stay here to check the reviews because the noise is shocking, you can feel the vibrations from the speakers in the bed and they even provide ear plugs to the guests. And then you have the fire alarms going off all through the night. You would get a better nights sleep if you pitched a tent in the middle of an outdoor rock concert!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple