“Amazing hotel + friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #50 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Hong Kong
“Amazing hotel + friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

This was the best hotel I stayed at during my one month trip to Europe. Firstly we got upgraded to a Suite, Suite 7. The horrible part was there was no elevator for our 2 heavy heavy heavy suitcases but it was a Suite. Don't know why we got upgraded but it was a great hotel and very easy to find after taking the Shuttle bus down from the airport to downtown.

Good location, very good service although one of the plasma tv's in the room was broken and noone came to fix it eventho I mentioned it to the receptionist. There were 2 tv's in our room so that was okay - one in front of the bed and one in the living room area!

The hotel is very unique compared to other hotels and I loved the creativity put into it. The purple, reds, pinks. Makes the hotel very welcoming and warm. Best part for me was the duvet/blanket. I dont know what exactly it was but it was the single most comfortable sheets I have ever slept in when it comes to hotels! I need to ask them what they are because I realllly want to buy one myself.

The hotel is 5-10 mins walk from Temple Bar where there are restaurants pubs and bars. I chose this hotel due to all the reviews on trip advisor and so I gave it a try. I usually stick to international brands but this time I chose a local hotel and it was a good choice. Thank you to all the reviews before this that helped me pick this hotel!

No complaints at all. A fantastic experience for me for a first time in Dublin, Ireland!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

After doing a lot of research on hotels in Dublin, this was one of my top picks and after getting a really good deal, we booked it, and were very happy with the choice. We arrived before check in (9:12am), and the room was ready. Smooth check in process, nice personnel. Gave us a map of the city, explained some things. The décor was vibrate and fun. The room was smallish, but very nice. You had to leave your key card in a slot in the wall for the lights to work, which was a first for us. Also the hair dryer was in the desk, another first. The beds were very comfortable, which was the most important thing to us. Great location, just down the way from Trinity College and a Hop on Hop Off Bus stop. We were able to rent a power converter because the one we brought didn't work. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Saint Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

I stayed a total of three nights at Trinity Capital but had I known the room was going to be as hot and noisy as it was, I would have looked elsewhere. The hotel is beautiful and the staff outstanding but you will not get a quiet nights sleep. The fire department is next door and well Fireman don't sleep on the night shift. I will say that they changed my room after the second night to a much cooler room but the Fireman didn't go away. If you sleep like a log this is the place for you but if you need the room to be cool then forget it. Overall I would recommend it because of the staff being so help and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
cork
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

I regulary go to Dublin for work and stay here...it's v central, stylish, reasonably priced etc. It's true it can be noisy and warm at times but if you want a quiet room ask for hte courtyard area. I also book room only and stayed this weekend for 3 nights and was given free breakfast vouchers for worth e10 each....or so I thought!

A full Irish breakfast costs e15 and when I checked out I was charged e10 per breakfast as the voucher was only for e5! The voucher is very misleading and while e10 isn't bad for breakfast just beware if you get e10 breakfast vouchers!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2009

I got a stay 3 nights pay 2 deal on their website which is a good deal considering the convenient location and standard of the hotel. The lobby and the bar area are really funky and eccentric. The room that I got was really spacious, even though it is in the old wing of the hotel. It's probably best to check if you got the old or the new wing. Not that my room was bad, I love the space I got, but I think I may have just been lucky to have got the corner room. The bathroom could do with a little refurbishment and updating, but it is clean.

Location wise it is an easy walk to Trinity College and all that, so it is pretty centre. However, it is not exactly located in the best looking part of the city centre, and the immediate surrounding does look a bit industrial and dodgy.

I'd recommend this hotel if you are looking for a decent hotel that is within easy to reach the centre of Dublin. But it may not be for those looking for a more upscale and glamorous stay. Well, you get what you pay for, really, and The Trinity Capital is very good value for the price you pay.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Galway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2009

This hotel was very clean and stylish however it was located directly over a fire station which was very noisy throughout the night and morning. The hotel was also extremely hot. We were on the 4th floor and couldn't sleep the heat was so uncomfortable. This was on a rainy day! The next day we found out that fans are available on request from reception. It didn't help that we had to sleep with the window shut due to the noise from the fire station though!! If I was to stay again I would request a fan when making the reservation and a room on the opposite side of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Niamheen
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

Great hotel in super location but make sure you're not on the first floor above the fire station. We could hear the fire station's main garage door opening and closing right throughout the night. Asked to be moved but no more rooms available so we paid extra to be upgraded to an executive room - but beware: these rooms don't have air-conditioning! So we had to have the window open all night which of course meant more noise from the street.
Wouldn't stay here again just because of noise levels - maybe it's better if you get a room at the back though. We didn't have the option.
Also staff not particularly friendly - it doesn't make or break a stay for me but it's nice to be greeted with a smile. Also doorman/concierge is hopeless with advice on local restaurants - ask someone else.
Location is great - a short walk to everything and the decor is interesting with lovely restaurant/bar/lobby area.
Rooms were clean and spacious and equipped with everything you'd expect and thick lined curtains keep out the light - but not the noise!
Overall I would recommend the Trinity but only if you specify a room at the back (the view from both sides of the hotel is pretty grim so it doesn't matter - unless you're on the top executive floor in which case you have a lovely view over the cricket green and city to the front).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple