“Nice Hotwire Surprise”

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #50 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Nice Hotwire Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

I am beginning to use the secret hotel booking service Hotwire more and more nowadays and have the confidence to do so because of Trip Advisor ratings.

This hotel vindicated my judgement.

It has quirky decor, but it is confined to the hotel's public areas so if it's not to your taste you don't have to sleep in it.

Breakfast is reasonably priced and of good quality, and I was welcomed by very friendly, Irish, reception staff.

The hotel is in quite a quiet area for a city centre but it is only a very short walk from the action of the Liffey, bars and nightlife of Dublin

Room Tip: Ask to be in the modern annexe (I've forgotten what it was called).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TrinityCityHotel, General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hi Gordon C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

Thank you very much for your kind words about the hotel. I have already passed on your kind words to the team and they join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us.

Denyse Campbell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

The location is central, the room was modern and what you would expect from a decent hotel, not large but more than adequate. Breakfast was good value and plentiful. Next time in Dublin I will probably book somewhere near St Stevens Green though, just to be closer to the South William Street area where there are more restaurant options nearby. A bit plus is that the room really was quiet as advertised, this was really my main concern.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hi DunaH_12,

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Dublin.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I spent only one night at the Trinity, in the middle of Dublin with an excellent location for getting around. The decor is not really what I would choose (a bit over the top), but I must say the bed was absolutely comfortable and the linen thick and crisp. Good toiletries and very good breakfast, lots of options, either continental or Irish breakfast. A good experience, in all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hi Luli,

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and they join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Dublin for more than one night again.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

A short walk to Temple Bar and other downtown landmarks, this beautifully decorated hotel is worth a visit. Good service and very nice breakfast buffet. Rooms are spacious and free wifi always nice, although quite common nowadays.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
TrinityCityHotel, General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Hi Tommi S,

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed here last july and stayed here again this july.The lobby and bar areas are great but missing the large budhas they had before(where have they gone?),Likewise breakfast was fine to.Still an issue and something I commented on last year is that the room was far to warm.Last year it was in the 70's but this year even though it was a lot cooler outside the room was still stuffy and hot.I know some rooms do have air conditioning but I don't know why the room should be so warm when outside its quite a pleasant temperature.When we arrived there was a toenail on the floor by the bed left by a previous guest.The next day we went out about about 10.30am and got back about 3pm.The room hadn't been done so we went to the bar for about 40 mins.came up again and the room was being cleaned so we waited 10 mins for the room to be done and got in about 4pm.The next day we went out about 10am got back about 3.15 and again the room hadn't been done and as we wanted a break before going out we had to forgo having the room cleaned.I found this unacceptable as I think we gave plenty of time to have the room done,the service room sign was on the door and hotels should realise that we do spend some time in the room and not use it just for sleeping.Overall disappointing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank padsmcginty
Hi padsmcginty,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay but I am disappointed to read your other comments. Firstly, we do at the moment have 100 bedrooms out of 198 bedrooms with A/C and the rest coming on board soon. Lastly, I have also spoken to the accommodation team following your comments.

In the meantime, should you wish to share any other feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel but I hope the experience will not deter you from revisiting us again in the future.

Denyse Campbell,
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

They made us wait more than 30 minutes to give us the room. We reserved a room with 2 beds and instead they gave us a suite with just 1 bed and a sofa bed that injured my back.
The room was on the third floor, and no elevators were available.
The hotel pretends to be luxurious but it isn't.
There are much better hotels for less, and even better located.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alejandro A
Hi Alejandro A,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us, which I was disappointed to read.

I am very disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your night sleep with us and to read about the other comments on your stay. I would appreciate, if there are further details, to contact me at the hotel.

Denyse Campbell,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Bang in the middle of Dublin sharing a wall with a local fire station, the Trinity City Hotel is a great location for exploring the city and getting around. The decor is a little off the wall, a hint of the last third of the film Bettlejuice meets a wannabe steampunk cross-over that's just on the right side of tasteful. Service was grand, food very good but the outstanding thing about this place is the wifi - freely accessible and lightening fast it had no problem streaming HD video for hours on end. As place to park my head for the night on a business trip it done just the job and I'll be choosing to come back here next time I visit Dublin.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi Gareth R,

Glad you had a pleasant stay with us and yes we are very proud of our 200mb Fibre Connection within the hotel. I do hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us for a business trip again.