“Perfectly located comfortable hotel Dublin”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #47 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We recently stayed at the Trinity Capital on a weekend visit to Dublin. the initial impression on approach was good and we weren't disappointed. The staff were very helpful, efficient and polite, check in running smoothly. We had a courtyard room which was comfortable - I found the bed a little hard - but that's more to do with personal choice. the room was bright airy and well appointed. There was a good evening ambience at the hotel - making all feel welcome. Highly recommended you know you will get good value for your money.

Room Tip: I would say the court rooms are best as they appear to be away from the road
1  Thank Ian R
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will have the opportunty to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,555)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We arrived at the Trinity College and when you enter the hotel, wow fantastic the ground floor is amazing and feels as though you are in complete luxury......Now back to reality.

Check in was quick and painless and the staff friendly, our room to be honest i was expecting more, here is why. (1) The storage is poor, thankfully we were only staying a weekend any more than that you would probably be living out your suitcase (2) We were left 1 small bottle of water between two of us, what happens if you have single occupancy, half a bottle, that was really poor after a long trip (3) Cleaning was poor may wife had used some of that powder stuff women cake on their face beofre going out, it was still there over the table when we got back a clear indicator that the room was poorly cleaned.
On the Saturday morning no hot water and when we informed the hotel we were informed they knew about it but not a single mention of compensation such as a free drink at the bar or how about that second bottle of water in the room!! That was poor customer service, and the breakfast on the Saturday was like a travelodge breakfast, poor quality to be honest. However the Sunday breakfast was so much better maybe it was the chef but we enjoyed that one........
The hotel is close to trinity college, St Stephens green, Temple Bar and not too much walking to get to any so location is great
One thing to do is the Viking splash tours (located at Stephens green), you will love it and very funny
Overall we enjoyed our stay but not happy we paid St Patrick weekend prices but got no high quality service....Sorry maybe we were just unlucky........

2  Thank Watfordskully

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will discuss the areas you have highlighted to our management team and I thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this hotel. It was wonderful! the room, while tight, was clean and great and lots of mirrors. i really hate when a hotel has no mirrors or only in the bathroom. lot's of places to check makeup etc. lobby was outstanding and helpful. barmen were professional and efficient and friendly. just overall good service. central location in dublin, close to train and busses and all things city center walking distance. bring comfortable shoes. The BEST part was the breakfast. be sure you include that in your stay. lovely breakfast. lots of delicious choices. would definitely stay again. only negative, overlooked police station, sirens etc. not horrible, it was st patricks weekend after all. thanks!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 22, 2014

A bunch of my friends were staying here the night before St. Patricks Day. I walked in and was able to get a room right then, they even upgraded me to an executive suite with breakfast for the same price as a normal room! Overall great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AdventureDan87

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed in the Trinity Capital Hotel last weekend and it was amazing. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The décor in the hotel was quirky and the hotel was very clean. The food was also great - there was a wide variety of choice of food for breakfast. The hotel is in a great location to the shops and to the Bord Gais Energy Theatre. Overall we had nothing negative to say about this hotel. We would defiantly recommend it; and we can't wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: The rooms in the Tara suite are incredible: large with beautiful décor
1  Thank Vicki S

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel. Returned because its very central. Has lovely ambience, great breakfast and very clean. Only downside, we were at the rear overlooking the fire station and where the deliveries etc were taking place. Last time I was at the front of the hotel which has noise from the busy road. But its a city hotel and its what you would expect. I would still stay here again. Dublin is a fantastic city and can't wait to return again

Room Tip: If your stay does not include breakfast ask at reception for a discount voucher. The breakfast is we...
1  Thank croft53
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The plain exterior of this hotel, belies the striking interior; from the oversized furniture to the bizarre animal sculptures, there is a surprise around every corner.
The room was extremely comfortable and the bathroom outstanding. My only criticism of my room, was that there was very little hanging space for clothes and had I been there for one than one night, or not on my own, it would have been very inconvenient.
However, I will not hesitate to stay here again, next time I am in Dublin.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business