“Good hotel and central location”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #51 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here during the two most recent Irish home rugby games.
The hotel is close to all you might need, the staff are what you would hope for, very helpful and cooperative. The rooms were comfortable and my only negative comment was the hum from the TV in the room, made listening uncomfortable.
The buffet breakfast was inexpensive and one of the best I have experienced. It was not all prepared and left out for the duration of breakfast but prepared as needed by the chef who replenished the stocks.
I cannot comment on value for money, as expected the price was higher because of the rugby games and significantly more for the Wales game.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,512)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed at the Trinity Capital for 2 nights and I have to say it is an absolutely beautiful hotel. We knew from looking at the pictures online that it looked lovely but it really is gorgeous. The location is perfect for exploring Dublin as it is a very short walk to Trinity college and Grafton street & not far from the bus and train stops. We had booked a double room and upon arrival we were upgraded to an executive room which was beautiful and spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was not a sound outside our room when we went to bed. After a fab nights sleep we tried the hotels breakfast which €10 per person an we couldn't fault it, you can have croissants, pastries, yoghurt, cheese and the traditional cooked breakfast which you help yourself to and can have as much as you like. We had our car with us and the hotel gives you the code to the secure parking just around the corner from the hotel which is also €10 per day which was very reasonable. We would most certainly stay again at the Trinity Capital and can't wait to return. We would also highly recommend trying out Mulligans pub which is just around the corner from the hotel, the Guinness is the best we tasted during our break and the staff where lovely and welcoming.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emma A
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Tripadvsor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to see that you had a fab weekend break with us.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I really couldn't be more pleased with this hotel. I stayed in January, which is low season in Dublin, and I booked off Hotwire. Wanted to stay somewhere really nice (I chose 4+stars) for my last night in Ireland before heading home, and it had to be near a car park. That was all the info I gave Hotwire. I got a room at TCH for like $90. Unbelieveable. I snatched it up sight unseen of course, and was completely blown away when I walked in the lobby. My friends and I joked that the whole guest part looks like a bordello - lots of velvet and purple lights, mosaic tiles, baroque furniture. But it's tasteful and sexy. Hip. There were tons of places to sit and have a drink and talk. That's exactly what we did - not having a lot of time on our hands, we bought a bottle of wine at one of the bars and parked on a couch for the evening. The room was modern and comfortable. The breakfast included in our rate was wonderful - a huge variety of food in a nice setting. As I said, this was my final night in Ireland, so had I known beforehand, I would have stayed at this hotel the entire time I was around Dublin. Having said that, i look forward to a return visit. I know the rack rate of this hotel is extraordinary, but my Hotwire deal couldn't have been better. Had a lot more character than going to, say, a Hilton chain. Very impressed!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank writersxblock

Dear Tripadvsor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This extraordinary hotel is the perfect place to stay when in Dublin. Quiet location in the centre of the city with only 5 minutes walk to the biggest shopping streets and pubs. The hotel decor feels like an alice in wonderland experience with its out of ordinary furniture and decor. Great atmosphere, great food in the restaurant, and great service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvsor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for pointing out that we are an ideal location for visitors to Dublin.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have just returned after a four day trip to Dublin having booked this hotel many months ago. We were given an excellent deal which included full Irish breakfast every day. The hotel was fantastic. The room (263) was spacious, clean, well equipped and very comfortable indeed. A jacuzzi bath and an enormous comfortable bed were the highlights. The staff were endlessly polite, the check in and check out procedure seamless and booking was very straightforward.

It is a couple of minutes walk from Temple Bar and the Grafton Street area of Dublin. The decor was funky and the artwork in our bedroom was very impressive. The breakfast was great - varied and tasty. We didn't otherwise eat in the restaurant or use the bar so can't comment on those aspects.

Housekeeping did a great job - unobtrusive and very efficient.

We would recommend this hotel to everyone and will definitely return.

Room Tip: 263 is a suite located at the end of a long corridor, away from the bulk of the rooms in the hotel...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvsor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to see that you had an excellent stay and we really appreciate you referring to us at the Terrific Trinity.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Good location, the looby is very original , the furnitures are amazing, and beautifull. we were 3 adults, and the hotel gave us a big room, very comfortable and silent. Good matress, good shower, breakfast good, maybe needs more variety of breads. The bar was fabulous, good food and good atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Tripadvsor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to see that you had enjoyed your stay and found our decoration to be modrn and striking.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I just have to say that the bar staff in this place are absolutely terrible. I waited 15 minutes at the bar to get served in a bar that there were only 3 people queing who were there after me, and then after them being served the bar tender didn't even come over to take the order. There were about 3 barmen behind the bar and a person from reception. None of them seemed to care, the place seems very disorganised and the staff are very stuck up and undermining!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank xxgemsxx90

Dear Tripadvsor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was very disappointed to read that you had such a poor experience. I would appreciate if you could contact me on bkennedy@trinitycapital-hotel.com to discuss your issues in more detail.