“Great Location!”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #47 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were so pleased how close this hotel was to major attractions in Dublin. We easily walked to the Temple Bar area, Trinity College and the Books of Kells, Jennie Johnston, Custom House and many museums. Also, it was close to a Hop On Hop

We were so pleased how close this hotel was to many attractions in Dublin--We easily walked to the Temple Bar area,Trinity College and the Book of Kells, Jennie Johnston, the Custom House, River Liffy and many museums. Also, it was close to The Hop On Hop Off Bus stop, so we easily traveled to other attractions in Dublin. The hotel food was good, nice bar, clean, comfortable rooms. The one drawback was the room we had next to the fire station. Ask for a room NOT next to the station. Our second room was quieter and nicer. Staff were friendly and helpful. Dublin is a very walkable city, but the Hop On bus assists with places too far to walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the fire station.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julianne H
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will have th opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,577)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

10 out of 10. Can't fault this hotel, lovely room, staff, food, decor. Would love to stay here again. Don't be put off by the fire station next door. Great location. Restaurant very good as is breakfast.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 25, 2013

From the moment you walk into the lobby; the quirky décor grabs your attention. We'd upgraded to one of the "Tara" rooms sometime before our trip. My Gaelic's a bit rusty, but I'm guessing Tara means Tower. The room was massive, with probably too much furniture (a 3-seater, 3 armchairs, 2 coffee tables), aside from the massive double bed. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi bath and a double shower, although the shower didn't get a look-in (the Jacuzzi was that good). Heating unit was a bit noisy, so had to turn it off overnight. Sky sports would have been nice to fall asleep to, but that's a minor gripe. Well worth the extra for the upgrade!

Room Tip: Ask for a Tara room. Awesome!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Myself and my mum stayed here for a weekend in October... We had a brilliant time. Couldn't recommend it enough. The staff were lovely, very attentive. The rooms were clean and modern. The hotel itself was aesthetically lovely... So many different things to look at, big sculptures, paintings, mirrors, really funky furniture, grand pianos. Really cool. The restaurant food was really tasty. The location is ideal.. Just minutes from both Grafton St, O'Connell and Temple Bar. It's so easy to come and go because of the location. While it's that little bit more up market on their prices, it's definitely a wonderful treat. I'll be going back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is in a great location right across the street from Trinity College where the Book of Kells is located. Very convenient (walking distance) to lots of shops, restaurants, etc. The breakfast was very good but that is the end of the positives. We had a very, very small and dark room with two double beds. It was not a warm day, but the room was still very hot and uncomfortable. The windows would only open a few inches (I guess to keep people from falling out on the street). There was no air conditioning, so we called for a fan. Three calls to the front desk resulted in three replies indicating they would have a fan brought to the room. It was 2.5 hours of suffering in a hot room before the fan was delivered.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $ to get a room with air conditioning
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you found your bedrom to be hot, I am delighted to confirm that we will be installing air conditioning in our bedrooms over the coming months.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is located only steps away from Trinity College and Grafton Street area. Its a 5 minute walk to O Connel Street and 10 minutes to Henry Street and Jervis Shopping Centre. Everything is right on your door step. The hotel is located alongside the Gardai Station and Fire Brigade Station. We took a taxi to an event at AVIVA which took approx 10 mins and the second night to an event at the 02 which was less than 10 minutes. Its safe to walk at night time and a nice area. We had no issues at all with noise from the street or otherwise. There is a sliding door in front of the bedroom windows which can also be closed over for extra sound proofing if required.

The hotel itself is decorated in a purple and pink theme. It would not be to my taset however the reception area was my favourite. I thought the paint in the corridors looked a little cheap.

The rooms are comfortable and clean however they were very hot and we could not adjust the temperature.

The bar area and lounge are very confortable and the bar staff were very friendly and helpful.

I found the reception staff to be unhelpful, defensive and lacking in any customer service skills. The hotel is a very busy one and I am sure it is at full capacity most weekends yet the staff seemed to be unable to cope under pressure.

All in all I would recommend this hotel highly for location and exploring the city, dining out, concerts etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edwina69

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Was booked to stay in this hotel when in Dublin with work as one of the usual hotels I stay at was unavailable. I was a bit worried about it as I like familiarity when I am away, but I needed have worried. The Trinity Capital is a lovely centrally located hotel. The room was comfortable although was an accessibly adapted room. The staff were very help, the decor as noted by other TA Reviewers was quirky and fun. Breakfast good too. The big plus point for this hotel was its location right at the heart of everything Dublin has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013