“great location”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #50 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 31, 2013

A nice hotel for the price. We were there during the heat wave (first in the last ten years) No air conditionting and they ran out of fans It was very hot and stuffy in the room. They are also next to the fire station so it can be a little noisy. So try to get a room away from the station. but all in all I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Trinity City Hotel

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a very avant garde hotel, people looking for a traditional hotel may not like the décor. I on the other hand liked the uniqueness of the place. When you walk into the hotel you see fun, oversized velvet tufted chairs in a variety of colors as well as ornate decorations and a various statuary. The staff was very helpful and friendly! Thankfully we reserved one of the Tara Bedrooms, which was air conditioned. The room was large and as uniquely decorated as the lobby...when I first stepped into the room I felt like I was in a Johnny Depp or Tim Burton movie set. It was fun! But past the décor the room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was very nice and actually traditional in comparison with the room décor. The breakfast buffet was large and the food was good. Parking for the hotel was off site but close. The hotel location is not far from Trinity College and shopping, but it is in a more business than tourist area. One thing I did not like was that we were not allowed to check-out an hour later than normal check-out time. I don't feel this was a 4 start hotel, but it was a nice lace to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hi! I would NOT recommend this hotel for the price you pay, not worth it! At arriving I got a funny look from the staff behind the desk and I don't think she was very polite while checking in. I asked standard questions and she looked at me as though I was stupid (asked for a street she did not know of, not my problem..) well, the rooms were ok but no extraordinary. The wifi only worked in the bathroom. The bed was very hard, slept poorly. My breakfast was not included, my mistake, but for such an expensive hotel, why? I had my son of 4 years old with me, and only one in the staff paid him any attention, I would not say its a childfriendly hotel. I would not stay there again!!

1  Thank tregmida

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will discuss the points you have made with our team.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Trinity Capital Hotel for as a place to stay for my brother's stag do (I think we were the only stag do group in the hotel). Having done a lot of research it was a great value 4 star hotel well located in Dublin which satisfied all budgets and tastes (we took the two dads with us and they were both very happy with it). The staff were very friendly, our rooms were very clean, spacious bathroom, access to fee WiFi, flat screen tv, safe, electric fan, hair dryer, kettle and ironing board all in the room. The bar was excellent with outside and inside seating. The breakfast was also very good I would advise booking it within the room rate (25-30% discount I think) as otherwise it can appear quite expensive but it is a very good buffet and you can eat and drink as much as you like. The location is very good only a 7-10 min walk the temple bar region, 3 mins to Trinity College. The reception are very helpful and will call you taxis if you need. Overall great decor, great staff, great breakfast and great location! Top of my list if I head back to Dublin!

• Stayed: July 2013
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great Georgian Vibe and lovely high ceilings in an airy Georgian styled room.
Large Quirky animal figures throughout main floor and oversized Alice in Wonderland Chairs to relax in as you enter reception.
The Georgian rooms don't have an elevator but staff will help.
Charming details such as the period fireplace.
Long tall windows allow a nice breeze and fans supplement. This is vintage Georgian this part of the hotel.
Staff Friendly and helpful.
Make sure you ask for the Breakfast vouchers to offset half of the cost of the sumptuous buffet breakfast.
An excellent location.
Can walk to Shopping and to Trinity College.
Staff Friendly and helpful.
Felt well rested.
The Tall Tall, ceilings added to the airy relaxed feel of our room
Clean.
Lighting could be brighter in bedroom, but again this is vintage Georgian.
The whimsical animals are fun to search out.

Room Tip: There are rooms served by elevator but the Georgian ones are reached by stair. Nice large bathroom a...

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband, daughter and I happened to check in while Dublin was experiencing temps in the mid 70s, which constitutes a problem for a hotel w/o air conditioning. The major problem came with a room assignment on the side of the building that got afternoon sun - you could have baked a cake in there. We asked for, and got, a room on the other side of the building, and that helped - the staff was terribly apologetic for a situation that was not of its making and made fans available, but the building needs a ventilation system badly. All that being said, this is a nice place with a decor that certainly isn't staid. The beds are comfy, bathrooms modern with roomy shower stalls, and the lamps for the bed actually are bright enough to read by. The location is quite good - it's a short walk to Trinity College, Grafton St, museums, and the Temple Bar district. Lighting in the bathroom could be brighter, but that's a minor point. I would certainly recommend the hotel but only in cool weather.

Room Tip: If it's warm, get an odd-numbered room (the side that gets only morning sun).

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Recepionst were outstanding! They went above and beyond our expectations in helping resolve a luggage issue for us. The location could not have been any better. I would not consider staying any other place in Dublin other than Trinity Capital Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends