“Quirky”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #48 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Amazing decorations throughout the hotel. Lovely staff. No air conditioning is really unfortunate. Rooms stuffy and hot .Breakfast was buffet and very organised. Lovely fresh fruit. Toaster was the slowest I have ever seen in a hotel. Decor enhances your stay and makes everyone cheerful.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peta B
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,546)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Probably for most of the time in Dublin it is not an issue BUT without air con in the heat the room was like a sauna!
It was only on the third night we managed to get a portable fan to move the air about!

Otherwise room clean but small. Public areas quite apppealing. Small open courtyard for sitting. Small open bar area adjacent to but screened off from the road. Staff friendly and buffer breakfast was good - excellent bacon - just to my taste.
At any time other than a heat wave I would recommend.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms v quiet, i.e. off the road but perhaps aim for one not overlooking the courtyard as...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Trinity Capital Hotel is in a great location near Trinity College. Rooms were comfortable, but for the lack of air conditioning in a heat wave. (Fans were provided upon request.) Breakfast was a self serve buffet, with most anything you could want. Great spot if location is your highest priority.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hote. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had to pick a hotel at short notice in Dublin City Centre for a business trip. I was recommended the Trinity Capital. I got the last room available which was one of the Tara rooms (Suite). The room itself was fabulous, super king size bed (very comfortable) and acres of room, a very comfortable room to spend the night in, and at €155 for a short notice room very good. The location is very good as it is only a short walk into the heart of night life Dublin, with a lot of good restaurants and pubs around. All the staff were great and the hotel décor was a marvel (Alice in Wonderland Chairs etc.)

Room Tip: If you can stretch go for one of the Tara rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My stay at the Trinity Capital Hotel bookended a two week long vacation in Europe. I checked in at the beginning and then stayed at the end, since my flight to and from Europe from the states was via Dublin.

My three circle/star rating reflects the inconsistency with the experiences I had at the hotel during the first couple days of my trip and the second stay.

THE major advantage of staying at the Trinity Capital Hotel is the location. Trinity College is right across the street (Book of Kells) and it's close to one of the two major shopping areas in the city center. It's on Tara Street which has a bridge that crosses the Liffy River (two blocks north) and right across the river from the Customs House and the Eirren Bus station and one of two major train stations (five to ten minute walk).

The hotel lobby area is pretty spacious. There's this (what I describe as 'Bollywood Explosion') color palette running throughout the hotel with deep purples and magentas. These jewel tones continue right into the guestrooms, with the linens on the bed reflecting the color experience. The bathrooms were also spacious. On one stay we had an old school vacuum tube television, and the other we had a flat screen.

The front desk service was a little inconsistent, but generally friendly. Stephen, the front desk clerk who checked us in twice, was quite nice.

So the bad parts: there's no air conditioning for the run of the house rooms. During my second stay, it was actually the hottest in Dublin then it had been in quite a while, and while the nights were generally cool, air conditioning would definitely have been appreciated.

There's a Tara side of the hotel and a Trinity side. I stayed in Tara during the first visit and Trinity during the second. During my first stay, the toilet didn't flush very well. During my second stay I stayed in room 313. I would generally suggest avoiding the odd number side of the hotel, because it abuts a fire station and I heard sirens all night long.

I wish I could give it a higher score based on the staff and location, but unfortunately it was too inconsistent for me to do so.

Room Tip: Base rate rooms don't come with air conditioning. The odd number rooms face a fire station.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alden-from-Chicago
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I appreciate the positive comments you have given us and I will pass on your compliments to Stephen on front desk.
Thank you for pointing out the areas where you felt we could have done better, this will assist us in improving our product.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel is in a great location for seeing Trinity College and the surrounding area. The parking facilities are a bit of a walk from the hotel. Room was clean but smaller than expected. Breakfast was delicious. I found night staff at front desk a little rude. All in all, an okay place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I am glad that you found our location to be good and also that you enjoyed your breakfast. It was unfortunate to read that you found our night staff to be rude, i will discuss this with our nights team personally.

I hope in the future we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I can't say enough about the wonderful experience we had at the Trinity Capital Hotel. The room was outstanding. Not the average cookie-cutter rooms most hotels put you in. This one has character! Clean, modern, with eclectic touches. And very roomy. The staff was wonderful as well. Claire and Amanda made us feel like we were celebrities. It's within walking distance to everything. Next time in Dublin, stay here.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such a pleasant stay. Thank you especially for mentioning Claire and Amanda. I will pass on your kind words.