“What a Fun Hotel”

Ranked #50 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What a Fun Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a great time at this eclectic hotel. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. They acted like they Wanted to be there, not like they Had to be there, if you know what I mean. At first glance, I was like....what? But then I realized I hadn't slept in almost 24 hours. After a nap, I was like....wow, what a delightful atmosphere. We loved our stay here and you should too. Great big rooms, comfortable beds, and great food, all within walking distance of all Dublin has to offer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MyIrishRoots
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the recommendations of you all, my trip advisor brothers and sisters. And, you were right! The hotel lived up to the positive ratings. I, like the previous reviewer, chose an upgraded room and it was, indeed, large. For the money you couldn't ask for a better sized room with all the comforts - wifi and AC. The hotel is ecclectic and suitably located to everything. I did not try the restaurant.

Room Tip: go for the upgraded suite/executive room - worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel was so unique and was a great location. We were within walking distance to all of the great places like Trinity College, Temple Bar, O'Connell Street, and Grafton street. Thankfully, we upgraded to a room with AC, because the hotel was very warm. Our room was fabulous though! The bed was super comfortable and we slept comfortably every night!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location of Trinity Capital Hotel is exceptional.. It is only a 5 to 10 minute walk to Temple Bar or the green Hop On Hop Off bus. The room we had was smaller than what we were used to in the United States. This did not make it bad, just different. When my husband made a comment about it to the manager, they offered to move us to a larger room. Not a necessary adjustment, but the gesture was much appreciated. There is a nice bar in the hotel. The price point did not gouge our wallet compared to other local bars. Slightly more, but not crazy more. The breakfast buffet was great! But if you are looking to save some money, there is a Spar Grocery store around the corner that you could grab a quick breakfast.

tokyo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lovely room, amiable and easy check in, stylish decor throughout. Too bad, though, if you would like to step out onto the attractive balcony attached to the room: sealed shut. Or open a window more than a crack: not possible. I have complained—I prefer a touch of class with a touch of fresh air, but ordinarily would opt for the latter over the former. In response to a request for a different room I have been told in the friendliest of terms that the balconies throughout the building are sealed shut, and also, well, that's just the way the windows work. The internet connection is molasses, also. Ten minutes to get to this page in my stylish hot room. (Edit: no, couldn’t post at all, wrote this around midnight July 8, and now can only hope that tomorrow the connection might be something other than altogether out-of-service when I’ll need it for more than a tripadvisor review.)

I forgot to ask when I made the booking if I could open a window in any of the rooms or, dear lord, have a way to get to the other side of the spotlessly-clean floor-to-ceiling glass separating me from the appealing balcony just to my right on this beautiful Dublin evening.

The little details are right. The big ones have me stuck in a hermetically-sealed oh-so-posh container with a crap internet connection for the next five nights at prices that ought to include being able to open a window, step onto a balcony, or have an Internet connection that works properly. What were the people who designed this thinking? Stay away, stay away, if you want to breath the fresh Dublin air without leaving your pretty room, or be able to post a quick complaint about it when you can’t.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank david783
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I can not say enough about the Trinity Capital Hotel! My husband and I were on holiday last month (June 2013) and stayed in Dublin for 3 nights before hitting the road and seeing all of Ireland. Our stay at Trinity Capital was fabulous! The staff (Ann Marie and Claire) who always seemed to be at the desk night or day were very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. We felt very welcomed in this wonderful hotel...Plus our room was beautiful! Trinity Capital Hotel is a must stay if you are seeing all the Dublin sights-excellent location. Thank you for a grand visit!

Room Tip: We loved our room over-looking Pearse Street. Quiet and comfy!
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thak you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time. Thank you especially for your kind comments about Claire and Ann Marie. Both girls will be delighted to hear your lovely feedback.

I hope we will have th eopportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Illinois City, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We only stayed one night at this hotel. I chose the king executive room to ensure we would have a comfortable end of our vacation. The room was HUGE compared to the other rooms we had stayed in Dublin, London, and Paris. We had a king bed, small sofa, desk with chair, two luggage racks, etc. Air conditioning and wifi worked well. The bathroom was also very large with a modern hair dryer and small toiletries. The toilet had difficulties flushing, though, which was remedied by holding down the button for an extended time period. It wasn't worth the time/effort to call and complain. The location was acceptable. You have to basically walk around Trinity College (I thought we could cut through the college but this isn't possible.) to get to the pubs, restaurants, shopping, etc. The area of the hotel felt a little desolate despite being a 5-8 minute walk from everything. The fire department didn't cause us any problems with noise as others have noted. Yes, the decor is eclectic, but I thought that made it fun. We didn't try the lounge or room service so I can't comment on that. The reception desk (both at check in and check out) were unfriendly (at best) and borderline rude. In addition, the hotel seems to cater toward large tour groups, so there seems to always be large groups (bus loads) congregating in the reception area and exits/entrances all day long. We went in and out of the hotel several times in one day, and were annoyed trying to maneuver around these groups.

1 Thank ozgirl96
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was happy that overall you had positive comments to share. I will be sure to discuss your experiences with our reception team with our Front Office Manager.

I hope we will ave the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.