“Would stay again”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #50 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here May 24-27 and everything was fine. We like to walk and pretty much everything was a comfortable walking distance. The Pearse Street station is a couple blocks away and the LUAS station is very walkable. The room was clean and neat, and the staff very friendly. Only two minor issues; not all the rooms have a/c and the shower water pressure was variable. As for the a/c the temperatures during our visit were such that we just left the window open and it was pleasant. If you're visiting in the summer it could be an issue. And we understand that some rooms do have a/c so maybe just book far enough ahead to get one of those rooms. The decor and setup are a little funky, but in a good way. I have been to Dublin 5 times and have always stayed somewhere different. But I'd go back here the next time because it is a good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Appleman_13
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Trinity City Hotel

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a great stay here for my very first visit to Dublin. The location is a close walk to many of the major attractions. I arrive very early on a Saturday and It was no problem for the desk worker to store my luggage while I went out to explore. By the time I returned, a couple of hours later, my room was available. The room was warm and comfortable considering the weather seemed to be unusually cold during my mid-May visit. I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in June for a concert at slane castle and have to say what a lovely quirky hotel this is .clean and comfy great location and great breakfast staff all very friendly recommend to anyone .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed in June for a night with my partner. Dublin weather was gorgeous and unfortunately my room had been facing the sun all day. I could feel the heat in the corridor as I walked to my room.

Unfortunately the Tara rooms do not have air conditioning (not what you would expect for €155 a night price tag). My room was like a sauna when I checked in at 2pm. I gave the room the benefit of the doubt due to the hot weather and opened the window. Unfortunately this only opened so far due to the safety glass and the fresh air that was able to get into the room was restricted by this also.

We went out for dinner and the central location of this hotel is the biggest benefit. All the tourist locations are within easy walking distance.

We got back to the hotel around 11pm and I was hoping the room would be a bit cooler, unfortunately not. I had to ask for a fan from reception to assist with the heat. Sadly this meant it being plugged in all night and the noise didn't aid a good sleep. Nor did having the window open and being on the main road. In fact the room was so hot I had to take the quilt out of the duvet covers and sleep just with the sheets.

I can honestly say that this was the worst nights stay I've had in a hotel. And considering I paid €155 for the pleasure, I won't be rushing back in a hurry which is a shame since the hotel has a rather funky decor and looked right up my street.

• Stayed: June 2013
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was very disappointed to read that you had issues with your bedroom, and I apologise for your discomort.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Let me preface all of this with the fact that I would happily stay here again, just in a different room.
We arrived early on a Monday morning and were greeted by Stephan (Stephen?), a wonderful front desk worker. He was nice enough to give us our room early so we could shower and power through the city after an 8-hour flight.

We had booked what I think are their least expensive rooms, the Courtyard rooms, and were prepared for small. They were, but not impossibly so. We were just fine, with some careful arrangement of bags. The bed was comfortable. The problem, however, is that this wing heats up during the day, and there is no air conditioning. Our room was 80 degrees on entering (there is a thermometer on my travel clock) and opening the window only did some good. We spoke with other folks on the same hall, and they were all having the same issue. The hotel provides fans, and with the window open, the room was bearable, but the noise from the nearby firestation problematic (much quieter after 9pm, actually). There are rooms available that have a/c, and in the winter I don't think the heat would be a problem (it was in the low 60s when we stayed). Another minor annoyance was the water pressure - my hair is fine and I had trouble getting the conditioner out.

That said, the location is right across from Trinity College and is easy walking to all of the sights of the city. The lobby is glorious and the bar super cool. Breakfast, which we paid for on one day, was wonderful.

I would stay here again, just not in a basic room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for pointing out the areas you felt were not up to scrath, this type of guest feedback helps us to improve.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Stephen.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Dublin and Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights - three people. Very unusual decor. Quiet location but only 5 minutes walk from Trinity College. Wonderful buffet breakfast and gluten free well catered for, with advance notice. Lighting in rooms and halls was a little dull. Staff friendly and helpful. Highly recommended..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tripadvisor Member

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capita Hotel again in teh future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here in March 2013 and could not fault it at all.

From the moment we walked it (looking like snowmen may I add - lovely weather...) we were welcomed and made to feel like nothing was too much!

The hotel was clean, modern and absolutely gorgeous. For our first trip to Dublin we've both said we wouldn't risk staying anywhere else should we go back - it was faultless!!

Really good location for everything. We went to the Jameson Distillery (having previously disliked whiskey, I now will happily drink the stuff with giner ale and lime!) and would recommend Dublin to anyone who asks about it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such a fantastic time.