Trinity City Hotel
Westin.com
$242
$205
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$140
$380
$349
Westbury Hotel
$213
$192
Agoda.com
3,669 results
All reviewsfire stationalice in wonderlandgeorgian suitetara roomsgreat locationfire brigadetemple barcourtyard roomfunky decorgrafton streetair conditioningcentral locationtrinitysirensirelandexecutivekells
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Great boutique style hotel, in ideal location, excellent value for money, and super helpful staff. No problem with noise from fire station next door

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank galwaygirl78
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Trinity Capital Hotel.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for 2 night in a twin room.We stayed on a special deal booked direct with the hotel.For 210 euro 2 B&B 1 dinner and 20 euro voucher and late check out 2pm.from arriving at the hotel the service was excellent.Check in was swift and the room was ready even though we arrived at 11,30 am.The room faced the courtyard was compact but had everything you could need.Booked to have our dinner on our first night.The food in the restraunt was excellent.We had starters and mains only.Could not eat any more.On our 2nd night we were so impressed with the previous night we went to use our 20 euro voucher.Again reception staff so helpfull.Tried the "special"Main and wine/pint for 15 euro.Tried this again fantastic.the breakfast both mornings also excellent.
As the trip was for shopping the location is excellent.5/10 minutes from O Connell/Grafton st.
My daughter and i shared the room.Both of us were very impressed with the hotel.As our room faced the courtyard we had no problems with noise,so perfect sleep both nights.
Will visit TRINITY CAPITAL again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank manusflynn
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have stayed in the Trinity Capital a couple of times and I have to say I'm a big fan. A few negatives out of the way first: The rooms are not all very big (but they are well designed and comfortable). That's about it! I like everything else about it.
I find the rooms to be stylish and luxurious-feeling. Spotlessly clean. I like that you have a table and chairs to sit at as well as a desk area and dressing table. I have stayed here for between 1-4 nights before and felt very much at home and able to relax in my room. It has all of the facilities you could possibly need in the room like an iron and ironing board, hairdryer, wifi, plenty of storage space (I like to unpack and 'nest' if I am staying somewhere more than one night!).
The hotel design is a bit bonkers - a mix of all different ethnic styles, and I love it! There's something to look at in every corner.
The breakfast is fantastic. Every kind of breakfast you could want: English tea/scones type affair, Continental meats/cheeses, full Irish - whatever you like and all you can eat! Very comfortable and good service too. I found the bar to be a pleasant place to relax and there are plenty of other nooks and crannies around the hotel to hide out in and chill out.
I like the fact that somebody greets you every time you enter the hotel, it made me feel very welcome.
I find this hotel to be great value with prices ranging from around €95-€115 per night (for Dublin this is pretty reasonable and esp. for the quality of the hotel) inc breakfast. It's worth the money for the comfort.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Headmills

Thank you for taking the time to review the Trinity Capital Hotel.
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed staying with us and hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Stayed at the Trinity Capital Hotel for 2 nights. First impression was great the hotel looked lovely in the reception we were then greeted by a very frosty man given our keys and basically expected to go find it. No details of what time or where breakfast was but was informed that we had it booked.
We walked into our room which was lovely but freezing cold. We rang reception and they said someone would be up to look at it. They came in and confirmed the heating was not working and brought us a small portable heater when we came back from a trip to the pub the room was still freezing so we were brought another heater.
At 4am the next morning we were awoken by next door having what seemed to be a party in their rooms again we rang reception and they called the occupiers. It was the next morning we realised how thin the walls were, we could hear the shower going in the next room and even people brushing their teeth.
Breakfast was great though and staff there were friendly.
The second night was better but again we could hear everything next door said.
Overall the breakfast was great, as was the location, along with some of the staff but the walls are very thin so after a long day of looking around Dublin it wasn’t great for sleep quality. Very disappointed due to the reviews others had written.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to have a suit I'm guessing you'll actually be able to sleep. The staff will also treat you much better.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BanburyTourist1

Thank you for taking the time to review the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you were dissappointed with your stay with us. Our front desk staff are meant to inform you about breakfast times, I apologise on their behalf for forgetting to inform you of the times when you checked in. Unfortunately sometimes radiators can not be fixed without the maintenance crew, and if they are not there we try to sort problems with the heating with portable heaters. I am sorry that this was not enough to make the room a comfortable temperature for you.

We think it's worth the extra to upgrade to our suites, but I can assure you that we treat all our guests exactly the same, regardless of what room they are in.

Should you be back in Dublin we would love to be given the opportunity to rectify your impression of the Trinity Capital Hotel. It is our goal that all our guests are happy before, during and after their stay with us.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Arrived at the hotel on 25th November to be told that they had over booked us and we had to stay at another hotel. Had not been informed of this beforehand so was most annoyed.

Have stayed there before and it was lovely. We were offered no apology from the Duty Manager Bruno and made to feel like mud on a shoe!

Will not be repeating that experience.

Room Tip: Book another hotel so you know you will have somewhere to stay for the night
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louise C

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Trinity Capital Hotel. I'm sorry you were dissappointed with your experience this time.
While I can assure you it is not our policy to overbook the hotel, we did unfortunately get overbooked last Friday and had to move two rooms to a different hotel.
Our guests were accommodated in the Westin hotel, a 5 star hotel only minutes away from the Trinity Capital.

Again, I apologise for the dissappointment caused, it would never be our intention to make our guests feel unwelcome or uncomfortable.