“The best hotel in Dublin”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #18 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Exceeded our expectations. Compared with other 5* hotels this is 6*. Service/staff top notch. Ambience/food ? actually no need to leave the hotel at all. Spa first class, luxurious and very peaceful. Away from city centre but in our opinion a bonus. Courtesy car service superb . We turned up at the Guiness Storehouse in a BMW limousine ! DART station 200 yards away. We visited most of the recommended pubs but I think the Guinness here was the best. We will return !

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Dublin

Reviewed November 7, 2010

I stayed here only because it's where the company goes for business. However, it's a hike to the main city areas (25min fast pace, 45min meandering), or you can take a 12-15euro taxi ride. Pretty much need to do this because there's nothing interesting in the immediate area.

The hotel is very clean and staff is friendly, but it's so expensive and they charge additional for everything (22euro/day for internet). I thought there was free coffee and wifi in the lounge so I could just relax and get my email in the morning - nope. I paid 7euro for a coffee and got no wifi. The staff I asked failed to mention I could use the business center for free and get online with their computers (can't use your own, though).

The hotel is also very generic inside - you could be anywhere in the world. I didn't feel like I was in Dublin. BORING! So if you want to experience Dublin - music, pubs, Irish food and atmosphere, St Stephens and other sites - stay in the city center. You can surely find a good place for the same price you'd pay to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank CharlotteTravels
icdublin, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2016

Dear CharlotteTravels,
Thank you for choosing us as your destination for your recent stay in Dublin. Thank you also for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor.
I was most disappointed to learn that on this occasion we did not manage to meet or exceed your expectations. Rest assured your feedback is listened to and appropriate actions are taken to prevent against a repeat. It is by taking feedback onboard we have the opportunity to improve our service offering.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Yours Sincerely,
Clement Gaffney

Reviewed November 7, 2010

our first time to stay here but not our last. expensive ....yes
but worth it !!
excellent service, rooms large and very clean.breakfast again excellent .for me the best hotel in dublin by far !!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I visited Dublin with my two children. The four seasons was clearly the right choice.
The suite was big and well -decorated, and the service was spot on. Not once did they say no to my requests.

The room service was excellent, despite the wait being a bit long (50 mins) on Saturday & Sunday.
The in-room massage was simply fantastic and left me relaxed and calm.
The swimming pool was a big hit with the kids, despite the steps being wobbly.
Going to the city centre was easy and cheaper than expected (around €10) and you can see taxis everywhere in Dublin.
Being back home, I miss being able to request anything at the touch of a button!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Excellent service, gorgeous food, excellent ambience. Another fantastic stay in the Four Seasons, Dublin. It never fails to meet your expectations!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Recently spent Saturday overnight in Four Seasons and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We arrived at 11.30 am and were able to check into our room straight away. We had booked with Whatahotel and they had promised us some perks including an upgrade to a higher standard room and we were given this. Our room was large and contained everything you would expect in a 5star hotel. Another perk given by whatahotel was a voucher for a complimentary lunch which again was excellent and a really unexpected bonus. food was of a very high standard at both breakfast and lunch, staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Facilities in the spa were also excellent. We would have no hesitation in staying here again and would recommend booking with whatahotel for the considerable perks they give.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Having just stayed at two other luxury hotel chains on this business trip that paled in comparison, I must give Four Seasons Dublin six stars. They are in a league unto themselves. My nonsmoking room smelled vaguely of smoke... they upgraded me to an enormous Executive Suite complete with sofa, arm chair, business table, two TVs, marble bath, you name it. Even before the upgrade, which happened on night two, I was vastly impressed... from the smallest detail such as ice already chilling in my room; my breakfast hot chocolate including a delicious side dish of fresh whipped cream; the man from reception coming round the desk to hand me my room key in person... no stone has been left unturned. I have written dozens of hotel reviews in my head, but have never taken the time to actually put them on Trip Advisor or elsewhere-- was inspired to do so today. Four Seasons Dublin= a class act.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business