“Pure bliss!!!”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Perfect hotel in Dublin. Signature Four Seasons hospitality. Always will stay at Four Seasons Dublin. Working to onboard them as a preferred hotel for our business. Worth every penny!
amazing staff & wonderful food

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear Tharmini s,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you and your family felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us and we would love to welcome you back again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2014

When I booked the Four Seasons Dublin for my mom and me, I was hoping for a luxurious 4-star experience before we began staying in smaller boutique hotels for the remainder of our Europe trip. Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that the Four Seasons was my least favorite hotel during our trip.

The stay got off to a bad start when my mom went to take a shower and noticed that it was clogging despite her removal of the previous guest's hair from the drain (GROSS). This little snafu was fixed and we were off for some site-seeing.

I only booked a hotel so far from the Dublin city center because of the hotel's promise of a complimentary shuttle that regularly takes guests to and from the city center. Randomly enough the shuttle was off-duty the day we arrived and when I tried to use it the next day I was told it had been taken for repairs. My annoyance with this led the hotel staff to provide a complimentary taxi for us, which was nice, but it doesn't remedy the inconsistency of this "promised" service.

The breakfast buffet was pretty pathetic compared to the buffets of similar hotels we have stayed at in the past, but the coffee was good so I shouldn't complain too much here. The L'Occitaine toiletries were nice, and the beds were comfortable to sleep in. The room was also large and luxurious, but nothing out of the the ordinary for a property of this type and for the price we paid to stay here.

If I ever return to Dublin, then I will most definitely not be staying here again. I'm sure there are better options available that would be closer to the heart of the city.

1  Thank farah287
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

Dear farah287,

Thank you for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor review. I am truly sorry for the number of areas where we clearly did not meet your expectation. Feedback is important to us as it assists us realign our service standards with the quality of product provided. Rest assured I will follow up with the team in relation to the blocked shower drain, I am also sorry for the inconvenience of not having the hotel complimentary limo available to you. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can assist you in any other way. I would welcome any opportunity to restore your faith in our product and service.

Email: lucius.farrell@fourseasons.com
Telephone:+35316654669

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Just had the misfortune of a Four Seasons breakfast. The full Irish reads great on the menu however the delivery does not live up to expectations. The toast was pale. Strangely it was hot so all I can assume is that they warmed the bread in an oven rather than toast it. I sent the toast back and received an identical performance. The hot breakfast was quite good but it was missing several items which were listed on the menu. There were no white pudding, no black pudding and no mushrooms. When I asked the waiter I just got a shrug of his shoulders. Now the above might not sound too bad but when the price is €28 you do expect to get what it says on the tin !

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank HungryTravellerAscot
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Hungery traveller ascot,

I am truly sorry for the poor breakfast service you endured here at our hotel. Clearly we did not meet expectation and there are areas of both food quality and service which require attention. Rest assured I will review each of these shortcomings with the Food and beverage team with a view to immediate improvement. I do hope you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and to make this poor experience up you. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at a time convenient to you should you plan another visit to Dublin. Your satisfaction is our primary concern.

Email: lucius.farrell@fourseasons.com
Telephone:+35316654669

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Beautiful hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Nice location near very good restaurants. Excellent food and overall service, but problems with room. Sink was stopped up. Toilet was leaking. Coffee service for 2 in room only had 1 coffee cup. All problems were quickly corrected.

Room Tip: Inspect rooms carefully to make sure all in working order.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frederick M

Dear Frederick M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent stay at our hotel. I am saddened to hear of the issues you experienced with your room and any discomfort this may have caused you. Needless to say, we take your feedback very seriously so will certainly use your comments to help in our effort to further the room experience. I am delighted to hear that these issues were quickly corrected for you and that you found our staff and services to meet your expectations. I

Reviewed August 27, 2014

my daughter and i were travelling to a gaelic football match .we booked this hotel through onhotels site for one night .it was the bargain of a lifetime.truly luxurious,spacious,so calm and peaceful.beautiful breakfast.we had our car but if you wished the number 7 bus will take you to oconnell st (spire) and 7 out again .you could take a walk in the leafy streets near the hotel or join a jogging group from the hotel .safe and secure.staff were very helpful and pleasant especially breakfast room manager.will probably never again have this experience!!!!

Room Tip: our room faced on to main road ,lovely view early sunday morning over city
1  Thank lmdonovan

Dear lmdonovan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our team, in particular our breakfast management team, as their is not better motivator than the praise of a job well done.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

Warm Regards,

Beware

had a confirmed booking for this hotel on the 24th Aug. had a call at 1pm on the day (whilst on the way to check in) to advise me due to an overbooking the room was no longer available.

not something which is expected from a hotel with such a reputation.

book at your own risk.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank duncan_macadam

Dear Duncan-Macadam,

Thank you for completing your Trip Advisor review. I am truly sorry that we could not accommodate your booking at the hotel. Furthermore I appreciate the overall negetative impact this had on your visit to Dublin. I would welcome any further opportunity to discuss with you directly, please feel free to contact me directly at +353 1 6654669 or email me at lucius.farrell@fourseasons.com. I do hope you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our product and service.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

The Four Seasons Dublin is a great representative of the Four Seasons brand. It is not in the core of Dublin which is a real plus. The taxis are plentiful, the restaurants in the area excellent, and it is out of the Temple Bar area which is a frenetic hubbub, hardly worth the time to visit..........in our opinion. I would heartily recommend this hotel for the elegance of its rooms, the quality of its food, but mostly because of its personnel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank L F

Dear L F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted to hear tha you enjoyed your time with us. It is also encouraging to hear that the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.