“A few snafoos; but in terms of room size & standard- the overall quality here, is far superior.”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I believe that when one stays in a facility for over a month; their perspective is slightly different than a weekend- only guest.
Compared to the average hotel room- it was usually much more comfortable.
The full array of deluxe amenities, {such as French toiletries, flowery curtains, soft bed linens, cotton slippers & terry cloth robes} was there, as expected.
The room thermostat worked quite well- and I was able to adjust the temperature as desired.
I really liked watching a full array of international channels- on the TV set.
The room was kept very clean, to general Four Seasons standard.
The room lights are quite bright; and thus could use dimmers.
During the night hours; it was delightfully quiet.
Most often, the days were tranquil, too.
The bedroom carpets helped with soundproofing the room- as did limited buffering on external doors.
The walls are solid, & thicker than those at most hotels that I've stayed at.
Occasionally, issues would crop up with inconsiderate housekeepers- but management was responsive to my requests not to be unduly disturbed.
The expected standard of Four Seasons' front desk & concierge services- is definitely there.
I am pleased to note that management, {especially Mr. Pritam} bent over backwards to resolve any & all issues or requests that I had.
As for the overall lobby & public area's atmosphere; it is a bit snobby and pretentious.
Despite a lack of written dress code; men are predominately wearing suits & ties, and casual attire is almost unheard of.
The surrounding Ballsbridge neighborhood, is upscale- but not low key. The denizens tend to be EXTREMELY haughty & condescending- towards those they deem not to fit in here.
It was a bleak & dismal place to spend the holiday season alone.
The Four Seasons Dublin is best suited to specific types of people; especially those who enjoy dressing up to the tee, & being seen.
I would most highly recommend it for business conference attendees, formal groups, familes, & certain couples.

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank xerophytic
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Good afternoon Xerophytic,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your on line Trip Advisor review. We appreciate your open and honest feedback. We endeavor to deliver consistency and excellence in all aspects of our product and service. I will ensure to review your feedback pertaining to a dimming option on our room lighting. I am delighted that you found our management team to be responsive to your particular needs. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can assist you directly, my email is lucius.farrell@fourseasons.com.

Yours sincerely,
Lucius

Write a ReviewReviews (2,018)

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I took a suite here with my family for a few days break. It is the best hotel that I've been to in Ireland, of which I've visited many. However, it wasn't the best Four Seasons that I've been to. I was at the one in Vegas recently and that was much better. I don't remember what the Vegas one cost but this one was certainly Four Seasons prices. We paid about £750 per night for a suite that comfortably slept 4 and did another couple of hundred on room service without any effort.

The pool was quiet and good for the kids. The jacuzzi is very nice and big. The food was good, but not great... but then it never is in Ireland. They don't get food.

The only complaint I have is that my 5 year old found a pill (some medicine) on the floor under the bed. She didn't eat it. Could happen somewhere I guess.

If you are going to Dublin, this is certainly the place to stay. Dublin doesn't have anything better.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear NickR,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your Trip Advisor review. I was delighted to see that there aspects of your recent visit that you enjoyed. I was concerned with the feedback you had concerning your child finding a tablet on the bedroom floor, I do apologise for this. I would be more than happy to speak further with you on this matter, please feel free to contact me personally at 01 6654669 or email me at lucius.farrell@fourseasons.com.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin in the near future.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Four Seasons was a dreamy, unforgettable destination in Dublin. Staff do their best to accommodate or anticipate the needs of weary and eager travelers alike. We loved the luxury, décor and comforts of our room and larger-than average bathroom. LOVELY

Room Tip: our room was not overlooking anything note-worthy, BUT the quiet was impressive!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear noreen s,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted that you had an unforgettable stay with us and that our staff was very accommodating to your needs.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

A special and luxurious hotel. The room was huge and beautifully decorated. The staff was super Friendly and waited on us hand and foot. A really nice surprise was A basket of treats in our room upon arrival. Unfortunately my son has a nut allergy so he couldn't indulge. They more then made up for it bringing everyone popcorn and ice cream. The only downside was that the kids loved the hotel so much that they didn't want to leave and do any sight seeing. They just wanted hang by the pool and use the exercise room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear DEdem2014,

I am so pleased that you and your family had a memorable stay with us, thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

We would love to welcome you and your family back in the future for another memorable stay.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

When you check into a Four Seasons you expect perfection. And this is what the hotel delivers. From arrival to departure and everything in between this is a true five star hotel. Service is impeccable, personalized, unobtrusive yet attentive. Rooms are spacious, perfectly appointed, with bathrooms to live in. The bar is a treat, breakfast in either the lobby bar or seasons restaurant is sumptuous. The location is a bit out of town but therefore serene and quiet. Take the hotel's limousines for your daily trips, they are immaculate and hardly more expensive than taxis which can be hard to find at times in Dublin. The Spa is elegant and soothing, sauna could be a tad hotter and of course mixed (but only for us Europeans). All in all, one of the best hotels I ever stayed in. Look no further if in Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank hjslaw

Dear hjslaw,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I was so pleased to learn that you had a perfect stay and received 5 star service throughout your time with us. I will certainly share your comments with the team and thank them for the impeccable and personalized service which they showed you.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in December with my brothers. Everything about this hotel is 5 stars. The staff was terrific, the accommodations were amazing and the food outstanding. It's the little things in life that I truly enjoy and in this case, having slippers laid out at my bedside is one of them. Who knew that something so simple was all I needed... loved it! On our last night in Dublin, we arrived back at the hotel kind of late and the bar was already closed. The bartender was kind enough to re-open it so we could enjoy a few pints as well as the best burger I've ever eaten in my life.
Is this an expensive hotel? Of course it is, it's the Four Seasons, what do you expect. But when I booked, they were offering a special stay 2 nights and get the 3rd night free. For what we paid, it was actually an incredible value. We had two rooms for 3 night, all for under $1,400. Normally when I travel, it's with the wife and kids so this was a rare opportunity to stay at an awesome hotel and only be on the hook for a 1/4 of the final tab. Would I do it again? in a New York minute!
If you want to experience Dublin on a first class level, this is the hotel you want to stay at.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear kevstravels_10,

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your most kind comments regarding our staff and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travel plans see you return to Dublin for another enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Arriving a few minutes early for lunch with a group of friends in the Dublin 'Four Seasons Hotel' recently, I foolishly asked the gentleman on reception whether there was a convenient washroom that I could use.
He confirmed that this was the case and assured me, with lofty contempt, that the hotel had a full range of such modern amenities.
I can do without overly friendly greetings in some hotels, but this is the first occasion on which I have been swiftly and gratuitously insulted by a receptionist on arrival.
Who do these people think they are? Is this the image which the hotel's management wants to project? I won't be back in this snooty and supercilious hotel, notwithstanding its full range of modern conveniences.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank eugeKualaLumpur

Dear eugeKualaLumpur,

Thank you for completing your Trip Advisor Review. I appreciate your open and honest feedback. I am truly sorry for the nature of the interaction you encountered with a member of our team at reception. We endeavor to deliver excellence and efficiency in all aspects of our service, all communication should be executed in a warm friendly manner with a view to connecting to our customers. I am sorry that this was not the case on this occasion.

I do hope you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can assist you in any way.

Yours sincerely,