“Just class”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #14 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 27, 2013

we stayed three nights over a very busy weekend, big conference in the hotel and international rugby match in Dublin. Staff were very attentive, food was great, both breakfast and dinner, room was spacious and spotless.
Can't speak highly enough of Liam, restaurant manager, and Fiona, lounge manager. They took time to chat with us, remember our names and our little boy. In a busy hotel this is just a good feeling.
This is the best hotel in Ireland by a long way, they go the extra mile in every wait.
Can't wait tip next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Rugrig,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I am delighted you found your room was very spacious and that you were satisfied with the food and beverage offerings. Most importantly it is wonderful that you had a great service experience in the hotel, thank you for your comments, I will be sure to share them with the team, Liam and Fiona in particular.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Robert Nolan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,063)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Was attending the same company dinner as I do every year in this hotel.
First impression: many of the familiar faces that used to work and run this successful property seem to have left it.
The Restaurant has closed as such, now they have downsized the food options to the Lobby area and reading room. Food is OK, not great for a supposedly 5* establishment.
Bedrooms have not changed at all, same flower deco on the curtains, same carpets in the common corridors, same Xstmas decorations on the front door. Tight budget we can call it, but it does not go unnoticed.
Same goes for the Main Ballroom were our event was held, supposedly the biggest in the city and the most run down probably as well. The carpet is screaming for change, the whole interior design of the Main Ballroom of this hotel must have looked dated 15 years back, imagine how it looks in 2014. 10 years I have attended functions in this hotel and that Main Ballroom has not changed a bit... more than your home away from home, it feels like visiting your Granny's living room when away from home. Staff serving the function spaces has also changed quiet a bit, a lack of professionalism and passion seem to be the rule. Blame it on the busy end of the year push...
I have not stayed in other Four Seasons properties recently, but my fear is that Dublin is losing to tough competition in the city and struggles to retain good employees. I hope it improves for next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear FRAZAPA,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your Trip Advisor review. I am sorry that our product and service has not lived up to what have been accustomed to in the past. I appreciate your constructive feedback pertaining to aspects of our ballroom. Rest assured your feedback is important to us and we will take it on board. We do plan on reviewing a number of these areas in due course. I do hope you give us an opportunity to restore your faith in us. Please feel free to contact me personally at lucius.farrell@fourseasons.com if I can assist you in any way.
Your satisfaction is our primary goal.

Yours sincerely,
Lucius Farrell
Assistant Director of Rooms

Reviewed November 25, 2013

1. The staff are incredibly helpful and courteous. Everyone we met was wonderful.
2. Bathrooms and Mattresses: For us, these are the two biggies in a hotel room. This hotel passed with flying colours. Great room.
3. Food: The restaurant food was superb, perfectly prepared and presented.
4. Cleanliness: Spotless.

Two downers: a) Wifi service is hard to access (the concierge even had trouble trying to help me), is not available throughout the property, and is restricted to one device per room (of course, one can pay for the other device access). Get it right, Four Seasons. It matters. b) Inconvenient to tourist attractions, unless by car. Public transportation available, but staff was not sure how to use it. Long (40ish minutes) walk to Grafton St., but very scenic and pleasant.

Bottom line: Up to Four Season standards overall. If the two hiccups matter to you, you might want to consider another site.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Glenn F,

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room and dining experiences, and that you found our team helpful and courteous. I will be sure to share these comments.

I would like to apologise for the difficulties that you experienced with our wifi services. We will certainly take your comments on board as we do understand the importance of having this service right for our guests. For your consideration on your next stay, complimentary car service is available to take guests to the city centre (subject to availability) and we will be happy to assist you with any transportation needs you may require during future visits.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Simply perfect location and perfect stay! The staff is very firendly and professional.
Even if the transfers have been organized by an external company, it has been done perfectly. The driver gave us good recommendation and took care to organize our return transfer.
The welcome was very warm and the service very smouth.

Dear Aurelie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us in Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted that you had a great service experience in the hotel, thank you for your comments, I will share them with the team.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Hey if you like flower curtins, green carpets and traditional furniture - this is your place. The bathrooms are great, the suites are spacious and have Nespressso machines.
The breakfast was below my expectation in particular the fruit variety. The fitness is slightly small but the machines are good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Go100go,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

My sincere apologies that there were aspects of your stay which did not meet your expectations. We strive to deliver a great experience to all of our guests and I am sorry this did not happen on your recent stay. It is only through reviews such as yours that we are able to improve our guest experience.

We do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

When you are used to Four Seasons class then you get really disappointed with the FS Dublin.
That starts with the checking facility. I hate when check in staff tries to be cynically friendly and tries to give you lessons what you need or not.
Same goes to the restaurant. Foodwise , well, is very average - but not the price. Here you are back at FS international standards. Just one restaurant opened during my stay which serves food only until 9.30 pm.....
Rooms are spacious but not really comfortable. Many of these little amenities usually at FS hotels are missing. In my case I forgot my shaving cream and shaver. This is not provided in the bathroom as it is the case in all other FS Hotels I know around the globe. When you ask why it is not provided they will mention budget reasons adding the FS Dublin is one of the cheapest hotels of the chain.... well, when it comes to service they are right

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Travelinside,

Thank you for taking the time to post your Trip advisor review. I appreciate your open and honest feedback. We endeavour to deliver excellence in all aspects of our product and service, I am truly sorry that we have not met your expectations on this occasion. I will ensure we learn from your feedback with a view to improving our service. Travelinside, please feel free to contact me directly at lucius.farrell @fourseasons.com if I can assist you with any further aspects of your recent stay.

I do hope you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Yours sincerely,
Lucius Farrell
Assistant Director of Rooms

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Our stay was wonderful. The food delicious. The cocktails (in Dublin, I know!) were fantastic. Our room was your typical beautiful Four Seasons room -- all just lovely. The lobby flowers were like pieces of art. The only downside was that if you wanted to get a "feel" for Dublin -- this wouldn't be the hotel. It's on the outskirts of the town center and there was nothing (even on the menu) that made it particularly feel Irish in character.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Dreamingmother,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your most kind comments regarding the food, cocktails and our Lobby flowers. I was disappointed to learn that you missed out on the "Irish feel" from our hotel. I am happy to hear that overall your recent stay was an enjoyable experience and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.