“Amazing service and care to detail”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #15 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel was lovely, the staff assisted us with any request we had and best of all we were happily surprised when we returned to our room to find a birthday cake. When i made the reservation i was asked if we were celebrating a special occasion, I told the reservationst we were celebrating a birthday and they sent us cake. It is those small details that make a difference between a good hotel and a great hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Martha V,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dublin and for your valued review.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and birthday celebration with us at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. It is wonderful to know that we that we managed to create a special memory for you during your time here. Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great City Hotel in a nice neighborhood away from the city center.
Reminded me a bit of the Denver Four Seasons less 15 floors!
Rooms are what you would expect from a Four Seasons, very nice.
Staff was excellent, especially the breakfast wait staff and female manager.
We loved the quality and choices of the breakfast menu.
The walk into town Is a bit far, especially since we started at the Guiness Brewing company.
First things first, right?! But we learned our lesson and took taxies for the rest of our stay. All the cabbies were very friendly and efficient. Never did use the in-house shuttle service, it was always in use by other guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Hans L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I was so pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed the food, staff, and service during your breakfast experience. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our team. I am disappointed to hear that our hotel car service was not available at the times you needed it. Please do let us know your travel needs on your next visit and we will do our very best to accommodate you. I am pleased to know that this did not seem to take away from your overall enjoyment of your stay with us.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My first visit to Dublin and I am not sure if I will return. The hotel was a little difficult to find using the satnav, it was not close to the city centre which was very disappointing, walking took us 40 mins to walk home from there which is ok if the weather is nice. Surrounding areas not so nice, too business like. The room was nice, as expected, no surprises...the Nespresso machine was a nice touch and I was able to obtain a kettle with nice crockery for my tea but the housekeeping did not for some reason on all 3 of my mornings, would not replenish my shampoo. I tried to book a spa treatment only to be told they were totally full. The service in the hotel overall was quite disappointing, we felt neglected at the restaurant and bars. Food overall was alright, nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Kathleen6868,

Thank you for taking the time to post your extensive Trip Advisor review. It is only through your honest and constructive feedback can we improve both our service and product in align with customer expectations. I appreciate the hotel is located 10minutes by car from the city centre we do run a complimentary hotel car between 12:00-20:00hrs which has been a great success with guests albeit walking is 35-40minutes into the city. I apologise that the shampoo was not replenished in your room, I will follow up with the housekeeping team. I would be grateful if you could email me at lucius.farrell@fourseasons.com the name your booking was made under and also the nights you stayed as this will assist me gain specifics on who serviced your room. I do apologise that the Spa was fully committed and we were unable to facilitate your booking request. Please do reach out to me personally if I can assist you in any way.
I hope this experience has not deterred you from choosing Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for future visits to Dublin. I also hope you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our service and product.

Yours sincerely,
Lucius Farrell
Assistant Director of Rooms

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is primarily for business travelers, with meeting space for large gatherings. Yet, for a tourist it offers a friendly stay, very large and well equipped rooms, and a wonderful breakfast - either buffet or a la carte. The staff are uniformly friendly and accommodating, making the hotel seem as warm and comfortable as a family run B & B.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear raygo,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
It is encouraging to hear that the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as our food and beverage offerings. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another comfortable stay.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were booked for a 3 night stay using AMEX platinum Fine Hotels program. This is our third stay at a Four Seasons property and our first stay at the Dublin location

The hotel is an elegant property located approximately 25 minutes (walk) from city center and approximately 10 minutes walk from the DART. We especially enjoyed the sculptures outside the hotel and the lovely garden adjacent to the conservatory where we enjoyed a perfect breakfast and afternoon coffee.

At check-in, we were offered an upgrade to a suite for an additional fee. I was a bit surprised as our AMEX "package" includes a room upgrade if available. Upgrade wasn't given. Oh well. Our room was large,comfortable and elegant. The bathroom was enormous by European standards with a lovely soaking tub.

The staff was outstanding. From the Concierge to the Breakfast Manager, all were delighted to help us with ideas of where to visit, what to do and where to dine.

Food at the hotel was delicious. Breakfasts were very generous with almost too much to choose from. We ate breakfast and an afternoon snack or enjoyed a nightcap each night. Most days we skipped lunch due to our filling breakfast.

The spa was lovely. I enjoyed a very relaxing facial and visit to the steam room.It is also very helpful to have a hair salon on the facility which I used and found reasonably priced.

There is free wifi downstairs.

While we would have preferred to stay in city centre, we were delighted by the area. The US Embassy is just down the road.

Highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the higher floors if possible.

Dear TravlFam,

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room and dining experiences, and I will be sure to share these comments with our team. It is also great to hear that you were able to enjoy a relaxing experience in the Spa and that the weather was fair enough for you to appreciate our gardens and the grounds of the hotel. I also appreciate your comments regarding the option to upgrade in your package, and I will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate department so that we may further improve upon your experience with us during your next stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have never visited a Four Seasons hotel before and I can honestly say it will definately not be our last visit. I don't think we have ever been to a hotel that we have had obsolutely nothing to moan about. Right from the start - the reservations staff were fantastic. We had two labrador dogs with us, and trying to find a hotel that would take them was impossible - until I spoke to the Four Seasons !!!. They were fantastic - the dogs had treats, beds and bowls - and unlike some places we weren't downgraded to a 'scrotty' room just because we had dogs. My husband and his friend were travelling on their motorbikes, and the hotel kindly let them park in the underground carpark. We spent a fantastic night eating through the snacks on the bar menu and drinking our way through the cocktail menu - not cheap, but the service and quality of the food/drink was second to none. Breakfast in the morning was again fantastic - food was exceptionally hot and fresh - I think I had the best scrambled egg ever !!. On checking out it really did feel like we were leaving old friends, the staff were amazing. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - and our trips around the world will start by looking at the Four Season chain hotels :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ceri05
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Ceri05,

and that our staff was very accommodating to your needs.
Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room and dining experiences and that our staff were very accommodating to your needs. I will be sure to share these comments with our team. It is wonderful to know that your experience with Four Seasons Hotels began with us here in Dublin and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My business partner and I arrived at the Dublin airport and were greeted by a limo driver who rushed us to the Four Seasons Dublin at 9:00 am. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who found rooms for us and checked us in immediately so we were able to nap after a long overseas flight.

The rooms were large, comfortable and appointed nicely. The bathrooms were beautiful with a large tub and a great shower. The room was as nice as any hotel I've stayed in across the UK or Europe.

We spent each night in Dublin eating a great restaurants and finishing the night in the hotel's bar. The atmosphere was great and we met and chatted with many people from all parts of the world in that bar. The breakfast was hot and fresh with a large variety to choose from with excellent service. The breakfast room is bright and cheerful as well.

All-in-all I'd have to report that the physical plant seemed to be in fine working order, the rooms and common areas were very clean, the spa and fitness center were well-staffed and spotless.

The only minor point of concern (and it was truly minor) was the vehicle used for the limo ride from the airport. The price was pretty high for a fairly short ride (which was okay because it saved us from having to deal with a cab after a long flight) and the vehicle could not handle two mid-sized suitcases and 2 golf travel bags. We rode from the airport to the hotel with a golf travel bag across our laps. This was not a huge matter but for the upcharge I paid for this service it seems the hotel could use a vehicle that could accommodate luggage to include golf bags in a place like Dublin. Still it had little effect on my endorsement of this great hotel.

The staff at the Four Seasons Dublin went out of their way to ensure our stay was excellent and they outperformed my expectations without overdoing it. It was service with a smile without interference. My hat is off to this group of professionals. They seem to have it figured out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear dhgc28,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us. It is wonderful to know that you found your room to be spacious and comfortable and that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. Most importantly it is wonderful that you had a great service experience in the hotel. I will be sure to share your most kind comments with the team.
I also appreciate your comments regarding the transportation to the airport and would like to apologise for any discomfort and inconvenience caused. It is only through reviews such as yours that we are able to improve upon our guest experience and I will be sure to pass this information on to the appropriate department. I am happy to hear that overall you had an enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.