“A bit let down”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #15 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I can't help but be a little disappointed with my stay here. Everything was perfectly pleasant, the checkin was quick and efficient, the staff were polite and friendly and in the restaurant the waiters and service was near faultless. Breakfast in the morning was lovely, a large selection of both Irish and continental breakfast and plenty of fresh coffee and juice.
My disappointment stems from the rooms, while undoubtedly large and comfortable, the Junior suites are very dated and in desperate need of freshening up. The shower and tiny bath were not to standard of a 5 star hotel and certainly not for a suite. Also the amount of noise you could hear from the corridor and other rooms was wholly unexpected and quite annoying, particularly when a baby is crying at 6:30am in the adjoining room. Maybe my expectations were too high or perhaps I'm being too picky but at €400 a night you should be picky and expectations should be high.
Anyway, outside of the rooms I really like this hotel. It's superbly located and a very pleasant place to while away the afternoon or evening.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mantaman82
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Mantaman,

Thank you for completing your Trip Advisor review. I was happy to see that there were aspects of your recent stay that you did enjoy; rest assured I will share your kind feedback pertaining to the service with the team. I am sorry that the room and bathroom decor was not to your liking. I am also sorry for the noise disturbances you encountered from the corridor and neighbouring room. I do hope this experience will not deter you from choosing Four Seasons Hotel for future visits. Please do feel free to reach out to me personally at any time if I can assist you in any way. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Yours sincerely,

Luicus Farrell
Assistant Director of Rooms
Email: lucius.farrell@fourseasons.com

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Dublin

Reviewed October 2, 2013

adequate stay. Rooms are quite basic for a five star, however to balence this the service is very good. Overall I believe more attention to detail would certainly improve my stay.The little touches are all important.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DeePoppy
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Dee Poppy,
Thank you for taking the time to complete your Trip Advisor review. Your constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. We endeavour to deliver excellence in every aspect of our product and service. I will ensure to communicate your feedback relating to “good service” to the team, for there is no better recognition that that of a job well done. I will also communicate the importance of attention to detail and providing those little touches. We as a hotel and company strive to exceed customer expectations.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin soon. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can assist you in any way for future visits to Dublin.

Yours sincerely.
Lucius Farrell
Assistant Director of Rooms

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Warm welcome,very helpful staff and a real feeling of relaxation.The breakfast kept us going all day,so much to choose from and delightful friendly staff who served us.I love the décor of the rooms.They are very spacious with 5 star facilities,very comfortable bed,big bathroom,with a bath.....so many hotel rooms offer a mere shower,but,i do love to relax in a bath on a weekend away,and this bath was divine.The four seasons never disappoints and I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Dublin wanting a 5 star experience.

Room Tip: We have stayed several times on various floors,all aspects and had no complaints with any of them.Th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear CorkLizh_13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to learn that you had a wonderful and relaxing stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our team.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in the Four Seasons for our sons wedding at the end of August. Several family members were staying in the hotel from around the world. We enjoyed every moment there being treated with such a perfect balance of friendliness, courtesy and professionalism. Nothing was too much trouble. If you asked where something was, you weren't just told, you were brought there. Everything was about the comfort and enjoyment of the guest and we were made feel valued. Every member of staff was as excellent as each other. My one regret though is that I did not get the name of a particular member of staff who waited at the wedding reception. She was so friendly, witty, helpful and a joy to engage with that we have all been commenting on her.I think she told my sister it was her second day there. Keep that little girl! I can't wait to go back and keep up the excellent work.

Room Tip: I was in a junior suite on second floor and loved it. Quiet and restful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear bgdettie,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during the very special occassion of your son's wedding. I am so very pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for you, and it is wonderful that you had a great service experience as well. Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had five clients stay at the hotel at the end of September, it was their first time travelling to Europe. Our clients were very impressed with the hotel , most of all the professional staff, from check in to bar staff to breakfast and checkout. We will return to use this hotel again and would recommend to clients and friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear GOSUL,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experiences with Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

It is encouraging to hear that the service received from our staff exceeded your client's expectations and that they enjoyed their time in the hotel. I will be certain to share your kind words with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your clients back in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just spent 3 nights staying in the Four Seasons and it didn't disappoint. The welcome you receive from the moment you arrive, to the time of checkout is superb.

Whilst I live in Dublin my parents and brother were travelling to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday (we previously stayed here to celebrate my father's 80th birthday and enjoyed it so much that we came back). On arrival in her room my mother found a Happy Birthday plate with some strawberries and a cake waiting for her which went down very well.

The hotel is situated in the leafy suburbs of Dublin 4 and is a short bus or car journey from city centre and the main tourist attractions. There is a complimentary courtesy car available which can bring you into the centre or there is a bus stop just around the corner.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well appointed with all the usual facilities one would expect in a 5 star hotel. A great night's sleep is guaranteed on a very comfortable bed. Whilst I would agree with previous reviewers that the decor might be somewhat dated, that should not detract from the fact that the rooms are worth every penny.

Breakfast is delicious particularly the full Irish but there is a good selection to suit everyone's taste.

Lunch and dinner were both nice however the only criticism I would make here is that it is the same menu for lunch and dinner. Whilst the food is great it won't take you long to work through the menu if you are staying for a few days and eat in. Having said that, there are alternative options nearby.

We had a truly marvellous time at the hotel. The hotel was busy but notwithstanding, the staff were always extremely friendly and courteous and couldn't do enough to make our stay wonderful. The whole place exuded elegance and charm and i would certainly recommend coming here. Although we did experience some issues during our stay these were dealt with courteously and professionally.

Whilst I would like to recognise everyone, I would particularly like to mention Tony and Laura on our checkin and checkout respectively along with Aida in the restaurant and last but not least, Alan the front of house manager. They are really a credit to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 258 is a very nice spacious suite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Irishman_on_tour

Dear Irishman_on_tour,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us during the special occassion of your mother's 80th birthday. Thank you for your most kind comments regarding our staff and services. It is wonderful to know that we were able to create a special memory for you and your family during your stay with us.
I also appreciate your comments regarding the lunch and dinner menus and will be certain to share them with the appropriate department. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to review upon and enhance our guests' experience in the hotel.
I am happy to hear that overall you did have an enjoyable experience and I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team, in particular Tony and Laura at the Front Desk, Alan and Ada.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another memorable experience very soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I were married where we reside, which is in Lexington, Kentucky. Since he was born in Dublin and most of his family lives there, his parents graciously hosted another reception for us at the Four Seasons, which coincided with the last few days of our honeymoon. We had drinks and dinner in a beautiful room on the first floor. From the pre-dinner pints or glasses of wine to the amazing array of starters to the perfectly cooked entrees and decadent desserts, every detail was simply amazing. The staff members were incredibly gracious and accommodating and the food was just spectacular. I want to thank the hotel staff for providing such wonderful memories for my husband and I, along with all of our family members. It was such a special evening!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank leighj

Dear leighj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent reception with us at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I am delighted to hear that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us during such a special occassion with your family. It is wonderful to know that our food and beverage offerings exceeded your expectations and that we were able to create a special memory of your time in Dublin, and I will be certain to share your kind words with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.