“Friendly staff & Comfortable Rooms”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #19 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin
“Friendly staff & Comfortable Rooms”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just spent 3 nights staying in the Four Seasons and it didn't disappoint. The welcome you receive from the moment you arrive, to the time of checkout is superb.

Whilst I live in Dublin my parents and brother were travelling to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday (we previously stayed here to celebrate my father's 80th birthday and enjoyed it so much that we came back). On arrival in her room my mother found a Happy Birthday plate with some strawberries and a cake waiting for her which went down very well.

The hotel is situated in the leafy suburbs of Dublin 4 and is a short bus or car journey from city centre and the main tourist attractions. There is a complimentary courtesy car available which can bring you into the centre or there is a bus stop just around the corner.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well appointed with all the usual facilities one would expect in a 5 star hotel. A great night's sleep is guaranteed on a very comfortable bed. Whilst I would agree with previous reviewers that the decor might be somewhat dated, that should not detract from the fact that the rooms are worth every penny.

Breakfast is delicious particularly the full Irish but there is a good selection to suit everyone's taste.

Lunch and dinner were both nice however the only criticism I would make here is that it is the same menu for lunch and dinner. Whilst the food is great it won't take you long to work through the menu if you are staying for a few days and eat in. Having said that, there are alternative options nearby.

We had a truly marvellous time at the hotel. The hotel was busy but notwithstanding, the staff were always extremely friendly and courteous and couldn't do enough to make our stay wonderful. The whole place exuded elegance and charm and i would certainly recommend coming here. Although we did experience some issues during our stay these were dealt with courteously and professionally.

Whilst I would like to recognise everyone, I would particularly like to mention Tony and Laura on our checkin and checkout respectively along with Aida in the restaurant and last but not least, Alan the front of house manager. They are really a credit to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 258 is a very nice spacious suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Irishman_on_tour
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Irishman_on_tour,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us during the special occassion of your mother's 80th birthday. Thank you for your most kind comments regarding our staff and services. It is wonderful to know that we were able to create a special memory for you and your family during your stay with us.
I also appreciate your comments regarding the lunch and dinner menus and will be certain to share them with the appropriate department. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to review upon and enhance our guests' experience in the hotel.
I am happy to hear that overall you did have an enjoyable experience and I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team, in particular Tony and Laura at the Front Desk, Alan and Ada.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another memorable experience very soon.

Robert Nolan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I were married where we reside, which is in Lexington, Kentucky. Since he was born in Dublin and most of his family lives there, his parents graciously hosted another reception for us at the Four Seasons, which coincided with the last few days of our honeymoon. We had drinks and dinner in a beautiful room on the first floor. From the pre-dinner pints or glasses of wine to the amazing array of starters to the perfectly cooked entrees and decadent desserts, every detail was simply amazing. The staff members were incredibly gracious and accommodating and the food was just spectacular. I want to thank the hotel staff for providing such wonderful memories for my husband and I, along with all of our family members. It was such a special evening!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank leighj
Dear leighj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent reception with us at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I am delighted to hear that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us during such a special occassion with your family. It is wonderful to know that our food and beverage offerings exceeded your expectations and that we were able to create a special memory of your time in Dublin, and I will be certain to share your kind words with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Cork
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went up to see Fleetwood Mac's 2nd performance in the O2 Dublin and got a super rate to stay here. We always walked past it when we lived in Dublin many moons ago so our expectations we high when we eventually got to stay here. We were not disappointed and the sight of Mick Fleetwood chatting away to guests greatly improved our moods from a 3hr car journey. Room was a king size delux with an exit out onto the roofed pathway overlooking the entrance. Room was fine and spacious with a 52 inch TV. Bathroom fab and plenty of gels etc. Breakfast was to die for and staff were really attentive and helpful. Spa and swimming pool though small again left you wanting for nothing..bathrobes,slippers,shaving kits and aftershave all provided. Looking forward to going back. Drink pricey but it is a wonderful experience all in all.

Room Tip: Room on the first floor open out to a big area for smokers or those that want a nice view of surroun...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richlerock
Dear Richlerock,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dublin and for your valued review.

I am so pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for you. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your room, our breakfast offerings, and the Spa and Pool facilities. Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Keller, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just returned from a trip to Ireland and we started our stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. For me, people "make the hotel" and the staff here is excellent and very accommodating. The reason for the trip was an awards trip for our top performing distributors - and all of our guests were pleased with the choice of this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian B
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Pascal d,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

It is encouraging to hear that the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the future.

El Metal Grande, Copan, Honduras
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived up at 15:30 as we were heading to see Fleetwood Mac that night in the O2. The first impression was of delight as Mick Fleetwood was chatting away with some guests as we strode in. Great start. The room was a King Size delux on the first floor with access to the outside walled area over looking the entrance. Ideal for smokers and nice also to catch the suns warm rays. The room itself was wonderful and spacious with a big LED TV 50' and fine bathroom also with everything you could want in toiletries. All the staff are friendly and the breakfast is fabulous with a huge selection to choose from. I went with an omelette that was prepared in front of me and it was delicious. The pool/spa area is worth a visit also. In the mens changing area there are complimentary shaving blades, shaving foam, deodorant, aftershave and gel. Steam room and sauna also inside there with bathrobes and slippers also. Free carpark and great location with lots of good pubs and restaurants near-by. Pint of cider costs €6.90 ahem!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Pascal d,

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room, dining experiences, and time in the Spa, and I will be sure to share these comments with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here in September for a few days as part of a group and the good aspects of the hotel are a nice lobby, good lobby bar, cool lobby bar called the "Ice Bar", great Spa on the basement level and the service was on par with Four Seasons. But once you go up to your room, you're likely to be disappointed. The decor is very dated and non-inspiring. Oh, and a suggestion if you do stay here...stroll down the street to the restaurant Rolly's...yum. See the awards on the wall and taste for yourself.

Room Tip: I highly recommend being on the front side of the hotel and at least on the second floor or higher...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear William R,
Thank you of taking the time to post your Trip Advisor review. I was delighted to see that there were aspects of your recent visit that you did enjoy. I will ensure to communicate your recognition of the service to the entire team as there is no better motivator than praise of a job well done.
I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin in the near future. Please do keep my details on file and let me know if I can assist you in any way.
Yours sincerely,
Lucius Farrell
Assistant Director of Rooms
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

After traveling back and forth from EU to the states, we had a 23 hour layover in Dublin before returning to Palma. If staying close to the airport is important to you then the 4S is not for you as it was over 60euro in fair by taxi. However, if beautiful property, fabulous staff, delicious food and a beautiful room is what you are searching for, look no further! Book now, we never wanted to leave :-) Also a special thank you to Laura, at the front desk, for making our early arrival doable AND memorable. We are still raving about your graceful demeanor!!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank KMWilgus
Dear KMWilgus,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed you time with us and I will be sure to pass on your words of appreciation to our team, in particular Laura at the Front Desk. In regards to our location in relation to the airport, please do let us know your travel needs on your next visit and we will do our very best to accommodate you. I am pleased to know that this did not seem to take away from your overall enjoyment of your stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.