WINNER WONDERLAND

“Could not have been better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Dublin

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #19 of 149 Hotels in Dublin
“Could not have been better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Whilst travelling in a group of 130 people, we had the pleasure of staying at Four Seasons Dublin. Our room was luxuriously appointed and extremely spacious. Services received were excellent. Breakfast variety fabulous. Our positive experience was shared by all travelling in our large group.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gillian W
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room and dining experiences, and I will be sure to share these comments with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
IRELAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great location & exceptional service, as only you would expect with The Four Seasons. The staff are very attentive and the breakfast is excellent. The rooms are spacious and airy. Definitely worth a visit, will be back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KILQUADE
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I will be sure to pass on your words of appreciation to our team

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in August 2013 during the Dublin Horse Show with my sister and 12 year old daughter. I have stayed here on a number of occasions in the past few years and have enjoyed every stay immensely. On arrival we were efficiently checked into our luxurious premium room (courtesy of a free upgrade from booking through Grand Luxury Hotels). The room was perfect with all the details you would expect from a hotel of this calibre. There was a nice personal touch of a bowl of cookies including a horse shaped one for my daughter, and as requested tea and coffee making facilities had been put into the room. After a day at the show we were really looking forward to a nice meal at Seasons Restaurant. And it was then that things went pear-shaped. It was my sister's first visit to the hotel and I had raved to her about how good the food was. We sat down, looked at the menu - and I couldn't believe my eyes. Had I walked into the wrong restaurant? Fish and chips, burger and chips, even a club sandwich. On a 5* hotel dinner menu? Now I know that the horse show week is a really busy time and I had anticipated a limited menu. What I had not anticipated was that the food offered would have been so basic. A club sandwich for dinner? If I had wanted pub grub I would have gone to the pub around the corner! The food itself was ok - nothing to write home about - we formed the view that it had been sitting about for a while. Overall we were left feeling hugely disappointed with the dining experience.

I love my hotel breakfast and was expecting the usual lavish spread. I think though that the fresh fruit on offer was more limited than previous visits. There were two low points at breakfast - the first being when my sister took a spoonful of her luxurious yoghurt and found it had gone "off". Hers was clearly not an isolated experience as the lady at the next table took one spoonful and left the rest of her pot. The second was when I asked if there was any sign of the toast we had ordered ten minutes or so earlier and the member of staff stated somewhat curtly that the kitchen "WAS RATHER BUSY." This is a five star hotel. During the horse show it charges premium rates for a minimum three night stay and every room is booked. It is entirely unacceptable to provide (at best) a three star ding experience, just because the hotel is very busy. If extra staff are required, they should be put on.
Aside from these issues the rest of our stay was great. I had a massage in the spa which was absolutely divine. Apart from the brusque lady at breakfast all other members of staff were unfailingly helpful and polite.
Would I go back? Yes - in fact we are going back in September for a concert at the O2. Would I eat at Seasons again? Yes, but not during the horse show. I will go to the pub and get the same food at pub prices!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NornIronNic
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear NornIronNic

Thank you for your honest and detailed review following your stay with us during the week of the Dublin Horseshow.

I am delighted with your comment that you enjoyed your previous stays "immensely" . I am aware you gave us five stars in your review last year and therefore it is disappointing that we were unable to meet your expectations this year in Seasons restaurant.

I am happy to hear you found the room perfect, with a personal touch. We ran a special horseshow menu for the week in Seasons, more casual than you would have seen in the past. With every aspect of your stay the same as on previous visits, I can understand that it could have been a big surprise and possibly quite disappointing if you were expecting a more formal menu. The menu we served was an extension of our all day dining offering we serve in our Lounge, Bar and Reading Room Restaurant. It ranges from sharing boards and sandwiches to the grill section that feature Irish Fillet, Sirloin, Fresh Fish, etc.

NornIronNic, I will attempt to make contact with you and we can discuss your visit in more detail.

I hope to meet you and your daughter in person in September.
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stay here for the 4 days of Dublin Horse Show every year with our 2 teenagers and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. The staff are friendly, welcoming and are genuinely interested in taking care of you and making your stay special. You will eat and sleep well at the Four Seasons! It's the little things and the attention to detail that makes the difference - a thoroughly wonderful 5* experience and totally worth every penny. The decor has been updated since last year giving the downstairs a more modern feel and although I did miss the table with the 'statement' flowers in the foyer I noticed these have been re-located to the entrance of casual dining. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff (even in what must be one of the busiest weeks of the year for the hotel!). The staff are what you would expect in a hotel of this standard, very well-trained - they are attentive but not intrusive..... it's interesting to watch a happy team at work giving a seamless service. Thank you Lucius and your team for looking after our family so well.... already looking forward to our stay next year!

2 Thank gemdigger
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the hotel and most importantly it is wonderful to hear that you had a great service experience in the hotel. Our valued team work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

If I can ever do anything to help make your time with us more enjoyable please do not hesitate in letting me know.

Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We love the Four Seasons. The staff is professional and welcoming, the rooms are clean and luxurious, and the price is surprisingly reasonable. Although it is a bit of a distance from city center, it is a very pleasant walk or a short taxi ride, and Ballsbridge is a calm, beautiful area. There are several wonderful restaurants only a short walk away. We highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted your room was comfortable and that you had the opportunity to explore the beautiful surroundings of the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Glendale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a good stay here for two nights this August. We were given the option to upgrade the room and we brought up to view before making the decision which was very nice. The staff were all incredibly friendly. The location is a bit outside the city which was fine although for two nights it might have been easier to just be in the city. The concierge was incredibly helpful getting us tickets to the GAA quarterfinal game at the last minute which was a trip highlight. My only disappointment is the restaurant situation. We ate in the lounge and I thought it was only average and expensive. Otherwise very comfortable rooms in four seasons style.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Agfmomx3 ,

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room and have a great service experience with our staff. I will be sure to share these comments with our team.
For your consideration on your next stay, complimentary car service is available to take guests to the city centre (subject to availability) and we will be happy to assist you with any transportation needs you may require during future visits.
I was disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with your dining experiences, and I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate department. It is only through reviews such as yours that we are able to improve our guest experience. I am happy to hear that overall you did have an enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

San Francisco Bay Area, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at the Four Seasons for a short business trip. The hotel rooms are spacious, light, and beautiful. Some of the nicest rooms I stay at in all of my European travels. The staff are friendly and always willing to help, without being intrusive. I truly enjoy staying in this hotel. While the location is a bit far from town, the walk is nice and its quite easy to grab a taxi if not in the mood far walking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear PBspecial,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dublin and for your valued review.

I am really pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for you. Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Kind regards,