“Sunday Brunch - Outstanding food & staff”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had Sunday brunch for my Mum's birthdays at the hotel & it was amazing - the best meal i've had in a long time. The atmosphere was very relaxed, the staff were outstanding & the food was by far the best restautrant food i've had in a long time. The menu variety is great & quality is fantastic. The staff accomodated any change we asked for. The special birthday dessert plate is a lovely touch. I would like to call out how helpful & thoughtful Fiona the manager in charge was. She was very friendly, thoughtful & helpful - a real asset to the your business.

Thank you for an amazing experience & we will be back...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Carmel104,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

It is encouraging to hear that the service you received from our staff during our Sunday Brunch exceeded your expectations. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them, in particular Fiona, as there is not better motivator than the praise of 'a job well done'.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at the FourSeasons for two days during a European trip and while the building is a nice one, I was dissapointed on a few occasisions. We got the Family Suite and the room was fine, but not five star quality. Onet thing that was odd about the room was that it had a large outdoor patio off of the living room that had no furniture or any way to really use it.

We checked in around 11 pm and got to the suite and realized that the kids sofa bed was not made up and needed to have housekeeping come up with all of the needed bedding to make the bed up. Was a little disappointing that the hotel would not set up the only other bed in the Family Suite until they were asked; particularly since they knew that we were arriving late and had kids. We then ordered the late night room service pizza and it was truly awful. Unedible. Now I do not go to Ireland to get great pizza, however, this was truly bad and since we had been travelling a lot of the day, this was not what I had hoped for,

On the positive side we did feel that the folks at the concierge desk and reception were unfailingly nice and helpful and I was impreeseed with the gym facilities.

All in all it was OK but not up to what I expect fropm a Four Seasons.

1  Thank efferman
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Efferman,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your trip advisor review. I was delighted to see you enjoyed some aspects of your stay with us. I will ensure to share your positive comments with Concierge, Reception and the Spa departments.

We endeavour to deliver consistency and excellence in every aspect of our service and I would like to express my personal apologies for not having the additional bed set up on your arrival. I am also sorry for poor quality Pizza you were served from room service. I appreciate the frustration this would have caused you especially after a day’s travelling. I will ensure to review with the team with the aim of improving our product and service.

Efferman, please feel free to contact me personally should you require any additional assistance.
I hope we get the opportunity to restore your faith in us and we look forward to seeing you back in Dublin in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Lucius

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is without doubt a beautiful hotel, it lacked warmth. staff behaved more like robots that people. as i stated in my preview on Muckross park hotel, it is too an amazing place but the warmth and atmosphere surpassed The four seasons by far. its a shame really because apart from this it had it all.
regardless of the hotel rating a little natural warmth wouldnt go amiss. everything you needed was available and provided but as i said in a robotic type way.
i will stay here again if only for the surroundings.

Dear Pippy688,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your Trip advisor review. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your constructive feedback. Rest assured I will share your feelings with the entire team with a view to making our service interaction more natural, warm and personalised.

It is only through feedback such as yours can we enhance and improve our offering. I do hope we get the opportunity to restore your faith in our people. Please do feel free to contact me personally should you require any additional assistance.

Yours sincerely.

Lucius

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights at this Dublin hotel with our extended family in 1 large suite and two other standard rooms. Our final room was comfortable and very spacious with great light but we were overall underwhelmed by this FS property.

Our first problem was upon checkin at 6am after an international flight with my 2 year old son. We had reserved our 3 rooms for the night before so we could directly check in and go to sleep. We had requested rooms next to each other as we were traveling with my sister and mother in law. Our first room was on a different floor on the opposite end of the hotel from our family. The man who checked us in forgot our keys and had to go back down to the desk to let us in. It overlooked the rubbish bins. It was dark and set up as an ADA room- which I didn't like the bathroom (1 sink, flickering lights, bars everywhere, no WC just toilet in the middle of the bathroom...). It took until 7:30 to get through to room service. 8:30 to get our breakfast!!! Meanwhile I unpacked. Finally we got to sleep. Later that day I asked to be moved. Sure enough they had a suite next to the rest of our family.... why couldn't we get this room initially? So we packed up all our stuff and moved. This was really annoying as we had reserved and requested this 8 months earlier.

Now the main problem with this hotel is the location. It is outside of Dublin center. They have 1 house car that can bring you into town, if available (most of the time it isn't). The other option is a BMW to drive you which is 20-30 Euro into town. And then you have to get a taxi back to the hotel 10-20 Euro each way. This can be 15 min without traffic or 45 min with traffic. If there was a shuttle like FS Firenze, that would be fine, but they don't have this service and therefore we found the location to be very inconvenient. Especially traveling with kids. I would suggest a hotel in downtown.

There were not any children's amenities set up in the room as per usual with FS. But we felt very comfortable and welcomed with our son. The food options for children were also not very healthy. Bathroom was beautiful and spacious so were the closets. I wish FS would choose more natural bath toiletries and soaps that are not packed with chemicals. The laundry service was prompt and great. Room service food was ok- not great, I wish they had healthier options. The problem was that there were not a ton of restaurants within walking distance. So to go out for dinner is another journey into town. We did bring our son to use the pool in the spa area which was peaceful at some points and loud and boisterous at others-children are allowed.

When we checked out, they helped us load the car, but I did not feel like they cared if we had a nice time. No bottle of water or goodbye and thank you ... overall this was a comfortable hotel but they did not go the extra mile I expect from a FS property so I would look elsewhere next time I visit Dublin (somewhere close to central Dublin).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetotravel702
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear lovetotravel702,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your Trip Advisor review and thank you for sharing your honest and constructive feedback.

We endeavour to deliver consistency and excellence in every aspect of our service and I would like to express my personal apologies for failing to meet your expectations during you most recent visit. I understand just how frustrating it was for you and your family having the inconvenience of a room move due to the fact that you did not get your original request correct, the inconvenience of not having the keys present on arrival I also know did not help the situation. I am also sorry for the delay you experienced in getting through to the room service department. This simply should not have happened. I do apologise unreservedly on behalf of the hotel as this is clearly not to our normal standard.

I appreciate your feedback pertaining to children amenities been available and also the menu offering for children. I will ensure to share these comments with our management team with a view to improving our offering. I would love the opportunity to speak with you in person, I would be most grateful if you could provide me with your contact details and I will reach out to you personally. My office number is 353 1 665 4669 or please feel free to e mail me at lucius.farrell@fourseasons.com.

Lovetotravel702, I do hope you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our product and service and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Dublin in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Lucius Farrell
Assistant Director of Rooms

Reviewed July 21, 2013

A beautiful hotel with excellent service and a very accomodating staff. We stayed 3 nights - the last of a 2 1/2 week visit to Scotland and Ireland. It was the perfect way to end a great vacation. Breakfast was included - a fabulous buffet that started our days off just right. Our room was spacious, as was the bathroom, and very clean. There is a computer and printer available in the lobby, another handy service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Kristy H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I will be sure to pass on your words of appreciation to our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

A beautiful huge room, welcoming gym/spa staff, and excellent food made our week long stay one of the best vacations weve had as a family. Also the DART (a quick local train/metro) is only 2 blocks away. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure

1  Thank Hullander

Dear Hullander,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I am delighted that you had a lovely stay with us and that you had a 'perfect' experience! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four days at the end of June as part of a 10 day anniversary trip. It was wonderful mostly because of the superb staff. The Concierge provided wonderful dinner recommendations in Dublin, they told us best places to go in town, and were just so friendly.

Rooms were great- we requested a room facing the street vs the courtyard which we enjoyed.

We took taxis in and out of town the first two days, then figured out that two city buses drop off right in front of the hotel and opted to use the bus on the last two which was super easy.

The Four Seasons has an amazing bar which we would post up at in the evenings and chat about our travels and make friends. I could have not asked for a better stay!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kristin R,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dublin and for your valued review.

I am so very pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for you during your anniversary. Please be assured that I will be sharing your kind words of appreciation with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.