“Its the people who bring you back.”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #20 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Toronto, Canada
“Its the people who bring you back.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our first time at a Four Seasons Hotel in Europe and every stay at a Four Seasons in North America is beyond expectation. The people at the Dublin Four Seasons take service and politeness to another level. The staff were very helpful in getting our car rental back to the airport and whenever we left a tip for service, they were gracious and appreciative that we had offered them a tip. This was much different from so many other hotels and restaurants where the tip is just expected.

The Hotel is smaller than other Four Seasons hotels and within a day we knew the people in the restaurants and reception areas. The Four Seasons staff are from all parts of the world. Our waiter was from Poland and when we told them we were from Toronto, he wanted to know about the new Four Seasons in our city. We will stay in the Four Seasons in Dublin again, because I want to say hello again to people who we think of as friends.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a bad room
1 Thank Dennis T
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Dennis T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughtful feedback following your recent stay with us in Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and that you would return to us again in the future! Most importantly, it is wonderful that you had a great service experience in the hotel. It is encouraging to hear that the service you received from our staff exceeded your expectations. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Robert Nolan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed with my husband in the Four Seasons hotel on 1st of June 2013. We had a wonderful stay!!! It was the best Birthday ever- my husband said. Staff at reception on check in and check out where very helpful! We got a nice upgrade to a bigger room, we got a lovely birthday plate!!! That was amazing. When we turned the tv on we where welcomed with our names on it!!!!! That was awesome !!! The hotel really has a wow factor. The bed and linen is very comfortable and we had a good night sleep! AC in the room works properly. the breakfast was yummy! And the man who set it for us in the bedroom was very professional!! There was few things, that made me uncomfortable too. 1. The walls around the toilet where dirty. 2.there was a small hair in the bath. 3. The staff in the bar where a bit slow getting our drinks and then the bill. 4. I didn't feel comfortable enough by not having iron in the room and tea and coffee facilities. It was available on request. But in general the Hotel is lovely and worth experience!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Alina292014
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Alina E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us in Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your birthday with us and that we were able to create a special memory for you. I am also delighted your room was comfortable and that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings. Most importantly it is wonderful that you had a great service experience in the hotel, thank you for your comments, I will share them with the team.
I was disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with the cleanliness in your room and I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate department. We work hard to ensure that nothing is overlooked and that our rooms our spotless for our guests, and I am sorry to know that was not the case for you during your stay. I also appreciate your comments regarding the speed of service in the bar and will be sure to communicate your feedback to the team. It is only through reviews such as yours that we are able to improve our guest experience.
I note your comment with regard to Tea & Coffee facilities as well as Iron and Ironing boards in the room. As it happens, all of these items are provided free of charge through room service and housekeeping respectively. You have quite rightly pointed out their absence in the room which I am glad to say has resulted in us now adding a notice to the mini-bar highlighting their availability, free of charge to guests that require them.
I shall also note your need for both in your existing booking profile so that they will automatically be in the room for you upon arrival next time. I hope this adequately addresses your needs and apologise for any inconvenience caused last time.

Kind regards,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2013

"Four Seasons"..........enough said ! Our sincerest thanks to all staff members, you are the best ! Thanks also to the Indigo (?) drivers for their invaluable help, stories and professionalism in getting us to where we needed to be.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Merv A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I am delighted that you had a lovely stay with us and that our staff was very accommodating to your needs. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Galway
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Loved my stay here - they couldn't do enough for us. We were lucky to get a corporate rate, which was quite a bit cheaper. The room was absolutely beautiful . Huge bed. The TV was massive - probably too big for me, but I know people love that! The breakfast was really nice - I ordered mine freshly cooked from the kitchen - but my husband took the one which was self-service and it certainly wasn't as nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Clodagh G,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your most kind comments regarding our staff and services. I was disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction with the self-service elements during breakfast, and I will certainly share your comments with the appropriate department. It is only through reviews such as yours that we are able to improve our guest experience. I am happy to hear that overall your recent stay was an enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Chicago
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Service, decor and attention to detail were exceptional. A lovely room, quite large by European standards. We arrived in the morning and were shown to our room right away. This was the quietest hotel I've ever stayed in. They have a wonderful brunch also. About a 50 minute walk from city center, but a delightful walk. Also an easy cab ride and the Dart is just steps away from the hotel.

Dear caddyChicago,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I will be sure to pass on your words of appreciation to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New Orleans, LA
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We got the stay 3 pay for two deal and this turned out to be a super value and great hotel. The Junior Suite was very large. The Spa was lovely, my son had a massage. The bar, restaurant and surroundings were well appointed in the classic Four Seasons style. Comfortable, pleasant and not too far from the sites, I recommend this hotel during your next stay in Dublin.

Room Tip: There are some lovely local restaurants close by. Ask the front desk and they'll fill you in.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear bko61163,

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room and that your son enjoyed his experience in the Spa. I will be sure to share these comments with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Florida,USA
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Lovely stay of three days... The concierge steered us to two walking distance restaurants that were quite good. The rooms are plush and the bar elegant. Loved it. A fairly costly cab ride of 20 euros each way is the norm.

Room Tip: no need to worry about noise in any room..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear WFRANK33,

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room and dining experiences, and I will be sure to share these comments with our team. For your consideration on your next stay, complimentary car service is available to take guests to the city centre (subject to availability) and we will be happy to assist you with any transportation needs you may require during future visits.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.