“Very Good Hotel BUT”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #15 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We chose the Four Seasons for our trip to Dublin because we had used the Four Seasons for 15 night trip to LA earlier in the year (there are no words to explain how good that hotel was) however we did realise that it was Dublin and not LA so expectations were not as high and in the main the hotel was very good and you could not ask for much more for the money paid and would in particular highlight the food which was excellent.

However on our last day there we woke up in the morning to find the hotel had a power cut which meant getting dressed in the dark and no shower. They couldn’t even give us our bill on checkout and as this was our last day with a flight at 8pm that evening we were left to wonder Dublin unwashed which obviously ruined the last day for us. We thought we would have heard from the hotel on our return home to apologise and to give our bill to check prior to payment but that was too much to expect as they just went ahead and charged the card. When we contacted them about helping themselves to our money we also suggested some form of compensation might be in order because of the power cut on the last day however it would appear that they don’t do compensation in Dublin.

Whilst the hotel does not have control over the power companies they do have certain responsibilities to guests and I would have expected a lot more from the Four Seasons. This incident aside I would have given the hotel a 5 star rating however I think it does highlight that in the unlikely event that something does go wrong during your stay there and you need to complain it is likely that their process or lack off will mean your compliant will fall on death ears

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank L20jgs
Tony4669, Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear 'L20Jgs',

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that your overall experience was of high quality but disappointed to learn about what happened on your final day here. I have no doubt that this experience will have tarnished what was otherwise an enjoyable stay. For this, I am very very sorry.

While I cannot turn back the clock, I would welcome the opportunity to make amends to you in some small way. To this end, I would be grateful if you could e-mail me directly on tony.coveney@fourseasons.com in order that I can reach out to you personally.

I look forward to restoring your faith in our hotel in some small way.

Tony Coveney

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Dublin

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights last week, as we were making our way towards the hotel door a young man called Alan approached us and assisted us with our bags he took us straight to reception and checked us in himself, he then personally walked us to the lift . Our bags arrived at the room just a few minutes later. The bedroom was spacious with great furnishings and the bathroom was one of the best I have ever been in with loads of extras. Breakfast was expensive at 24 euro each but if you can put plenty away consider it a chef was in the dining room making fresh omelettes and the selection of hot and cold buffet was overwhelming . We made use of the leisure facilities a nice pool sauna and steam rooms, complimentary fresh fruit tea and coffee was available at the pool. All of the staff from doormen to cleaners were exceptional, we will definitely look forward to going back. One problem which we should have addressed immediately but did not was they gave us twin beds we booked a double king with Expedia I was unsure until checking out whether Expedia made the mistake or the hotel staff advised it was their mistake but offered no apology 30 years married we missed our double room 336 !!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 'Mr. M',

Thanks so much for taking the time to share some reflections on your recent stay at Four Seasons. I am really pleased to hear about all the things we did well and how you were taken care of. Naturally, we must focus too on the elements that could have been better. To this end, thank you for making me aware of your bedding preference. We will certainly note this request on your booking profile so should you book again, we will be aware of this.

I do hope that we can welcome you back at some point in the future. Please do feel free to reach out to me personally if I can assist in any way. My e-mail address is tony.coveney@fourseasons.com.

Kind regards,

Tony Coveney

Reviewed January 28, 2013

superb staff, good location and excellent food what more do you want. we got married here we loved it so much. Suite room is palatial, breakfast is really well put together with a specialised omlette chef to boot!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear PCunningham,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am pleased that you had a memorable experience with us and delighted that the special event of your wedding took place here. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Came for a drink, great first impression though the staffs ( door man, front desk staff & concierge) were quite cold with the welcoming. Had to ask where was the best place to go for a drink. One gentleman offered the two options and i chose the ice. This is where the wow started. I requested a pinacolada which was not on the menu and the bar tender said no problem. When it came it was below expectation, tasted watery and without doubt the worst i have ever tasted. The waitress a lovely lady came over asking how was everything and i stated my concern and she was very professional in listening, apologising explaining what might have been the problem. Really she was the one that made everything seemed perfect. Next time definitely i would stay with fs Dublin based on what i have experience today. Though i would have preferred not to pay for that pinacolada as it was simply not worthit.

• Stayed: January 2013
GMFSD, Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear JeanMarcLarue,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback from your recent stay. My sincere apologies for the aspects of your stay which did not meet expectations. We strive to serve flavourful and consistently high quality beverages, so I am disappointed to learn that this was not the case for your experience in our ICE Bar. It is on the other hand great to hear that you were well looked after by a member of our wait staff and that she was friendly and helpful in addressing the situation so your overall experience was a positive one.

Please do let me know if you would like to discuss any aspects of your stay or if I can assist at all. We will address your points with the team so that we can learn from this and enhance our offering.

Stephen

Stephen Meehan
Director of Food and Beverage
01 665 4816
stephen.meehan@fourseasons.com

Reviewed January 23, 2013

First visit to this lovely hotel. Got a fantastic room (411) with full balcony and a great city/harbour view. The room is spacious, classy furniture, great bed and a large new Samsung flat sceen TV. Bathroom inthe imperial style but working well.

Staff is very friendly and very service minded. Highly recommende.

Room Tip: Go for high floor with balcony - not that many rooms have one.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Benzon1960
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Benzon 1960,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your most kind comments regarding our staff and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband booked this last minute trip for us to see the city of Dublin.he was able to get a great rate at this beautiful hotel. We arrived in Dublin from NYC at 430 am and were able to check right into the hotel which was so nice (usually you have to wait till check in time which is usually 3pm) but they had our room waiting for us. The lovely concierge helped us book private tours and advised us of many things to see. My only problem with the hotel was 1)location-it is about 2 miles outside the city center so when I wanted to stay in my husband more or less had to stay in since there were no pubs in the vicinity. Also, we got the free Irish breakfast with our reservation and I just felt the wait staff at the restaurant were not quite on it. We chose the buffet so they did not need to tend to us all that much but they should have checked if we needed more water or coffee which was not the case at all...I actually had to get myself a fresh glass of water and also search for the waiter to finally get our bill. Those are my only complaints.....the hotel is however beautiful and was well worth the money!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen4816, Director of Food and Beverage at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear adawgWestHampton,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts regarding your stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed the experience. My sincere apologies for the shortcomings in the breakfast experience, this is most disappointing. I have addressed the concerns with the team so as to prevent such an experience from re-occurring.
We have quite a few great pubs in the local area to choose from, my apologies this was not communicated to you during your stay. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the near future, do let me know if I can assist at all, it would be my pleasure.

Stephen
Stephen Meehan
Director of Food and Beverage
00 353 1 665 4816
stephen.meehan@fourseasons.com

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Staff was extremely helpful with booking tours/car service/reservations - we had a great time despite horrible weather and one of the reasons was we felt all the people we dealt with were personally invested in our having a great visit to Dublin. Highly recommended.

Dear John M,

It was a pleasure to read such a positive review and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post it.

I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us and felt you were well taken care of. We certainly hope that we can welcome you back to Four Seasons Dublin in the near future.