“Wonderful”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #18 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Everything was wonderful - the room, the service, the amenities. Jacuzzi and steam room were a definite highlight. Rooms are very spacious!

The location was a little bit of a hassle though. They offer a free limo service Tuesday - Saturday into City Center but coming back to the hotel is a $15 cab ride. You can take the DART but it runs rather infrequently.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank jozzy3000
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear jozzy3000,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to note that you had a wonderful stay and were very happy with your room, service received and the facilities offered.

It is disappointing that you found the location a hassle. Along with the hotel car that we offer and with the DART service there is also a Dublin Bus route that goes into the city centre from just outside of the hotel. I do apologise if you were unaware of this service. Perhaps if we do get the chance to welcome you back we can let you know of all of the options available to you for visiting Dublin City.

Once again, thank you and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

In a nutshell, we were very pleased with this hotel. I have been to Dublin several times and this is my favorite place to stay. What stood out the most is most definitely the staff. They were always smiling, friendly, and helpful, and they seemed enthusiastic about striking up a chat. The amenities were also very much appreciated. There is a spa as well as room service and all the other usual hotel services. The room and bed were very comfortable and relaxing. We also enjoyed the location, being offset from the city center, because it was away from all the noise and congestion. There are a few neat pubs up the road worth walking to if its the sort of thing you are into.

My only complaint is that the style of the rooms and hotel is a tad dated. Of course, Four Seasons are never going to be that boutique-y modern chic, but I do wish they would make some updates. This is hardly something to complain about, as the rooms were spotless and clean. It is nice to know that you get what you pay for with this 5-star hotel, since I have stayed in others (different chains) and it has not been the case.

I would definitely recommend this hotel! We will be planning to stay here for our future trips to Dublin.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikeandAshley529

Dear MikeandAshley529,

I am very pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for you. We are very proud of all of our employees. They continuously work hard to ensure that all of our guests receive a memorable experience. I will share your words of appreciation with our team.

In relation to your comment regarding the style of our rooms I am happy to share with you that this year we will be upgrading our bedrooms with state of the art televisions and furniture.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We hope to welcome you back to Dublin in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

It's always nice to be invited to lunch, especially if its to celebrate a family member's promotion. So as a treat we headed to "Seasons" restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

We had booked ahead earlier that Saturday morning, which was a pleasant surprise, then again there was a major rugby match at the nearby Aviva stadium where Ireland were playing, no doubt where the focus of the nation was for the afternoon.

Upon arrival at the restaurant reception, I was immediately greeted by the hostess by my name, in addition the restaurant manager was also passing by and did the same. Very Impressive as I am definitely not famous! and don't know them.

Our coats were checked and we were escorted to our table. What I noticed about the service from start to finish was how unhurried and completely flawless its execution was from every single staff member. Restaurants such as this charge top dollar, therefore it is only right, that clientele are able to relax and enjoy a meal in comfortable surroundings with excellent service.

Now to the meal itself - Having selected a nice wine for the main, we first had a Kir Royale as a little celebration. A selection of freshly prepared hot breads were presented as we perused the menu and iced water was poured by our server.

For the starter, each of us were all drawn to the prawn cocktail, some may say an archaic starter but I cannot recall the last time I had one, so was curious as to how this would be presented here. We were not disappointed - I counted circa twelve king prawns and boston shrimp in mine, cooked perfectly along with a generous crisp salad and all important citrus marie rose.

For main I ordered the 10oz Irish Rib-Eye - comprising of a home spice rub, black truffle mac and cheese. I was disappointed in the steak which was quite tough, however I persevered but didnt touch the mac & cheese which was presented in a little pot. This is the second disappointment for me regarding Rib Eye steak in Dublin, I think Fillet next time. Afterall our Nation is renowned for the qualify of our beef, what is going on ! The side orders we all shared - truffle fries, mixed green vegetables, roasted mushrooms and garlic were sublime and made up for the medicore steak.

The two ladies for main had: 8oz Irish Beef Fillet - Chorizo Baked Potato, Butter Injection and the Salmon - Soy Lime Vinaigrette, Avocado, Seeds - which thankfully were excellent, tasty, well presented and sizable portions.

As i mentioned at the start of my review, the service was impeccable, unobtrusive, friendly, natural. The impression I was left with, was that these people enjoyed their jobs, were very well trained and wanted to be there. The manager briefly stopped by to ask how we were enjoying our meal and general pleasantry, she also mentioned that she was going to telephone us, to enquire if we wanted a taxi to collect us in case traffic was a problem due to the match. That is service that stays in one's memory!!

As we relaxed after our main course we ordered a coupe of Bellinis prior to dessert, at €20 each a little on the expensive side once we reviewed the bill, i started to wonder if the barman had imported the peach puree or Prosecco by private jet !

Dessert comprised of Spiced Pear Crumble - Custard, Vanilla Ice Cream and two of us opted for the selection of Ice Cream & Sorbets, presented to us by the wonderful and delightful "Apple" one of four servers who tended to our needs for the afternoon.

Overall apart from my disappiointment with my main, the other guests thoroughly enjoyed their meals from start to finish and we all agreed that the good manners, excellent but not overly formal service not just at our table but noticably the other diners with children was second to none.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dazarini
icdublin, Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. It am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, our team takes great pride in delivering a positive guest experience. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,
Ronan O'Halloran
Director of Rooms

Reviewed March 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a 2 night mid-week break last time I was in Ireland. The hotel is very well appointed and the superior room was capacious and everything was of an excellent standard. The staff were very helpful and friendly although almost 100% non-Irish,Valet car parking was most efficient and convenient.

The only grouse was at the booking stage the contact pushed the breakfast included option.
This seemed expensive at €40.00 each, and so it was,paying separately for what you had would have been more economical by far. The traditional full Irish breakfast was not well presented and did not live up to the rest of the facilities. We had to get up and take milk and butter from an adjacent table as it was absent from ours. This on a quiet morning when there were almost a1:1 customer staff ratio.

Don't let this put you off it,. was probably just a blip and did not spoil the overall enjoyment

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank daiozza

Dear daiozza,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am disappointed to learn that your breakfast experience with us did not meet your expectations. I certainly appreciate receiving your feedback and I will share your comments with our Food & Beverage Team to review and improve upon this. I am happy this did not take from your overall enjoyment of our hotel and that you found everything else to be of excellent standard.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

The title says it all really. On a family break in Dublin we were well cared for by staff and the kids were treated wonderfully. Each were given a cookie with their own names iced on. All beds were turned down in a very profesonal manner and in general you were made feel very wolcomed by all the staff.

Room Tip: Look for a view of Lansdown Road Rugby and Football stadium.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear JaffacakeMonster,

I am very pleased that the service you and your family received following your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin prompted you to share a review on Trip Advisor.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future so you and your family can enjoy another memorable stay.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband and I spent an idyllic weekend in this our favourite hotel, in February. The weekend got off to a very good start when we were told at reception that we had been up-graded from a Junior Suite to a Deluxe Suite!
The accommodation was luxurious and comfortable.
We ate in the casual restaurant on the Friday evening and the more formal Season's Restaurant on the Saturday night. Both were excellent, lovely atmosphere, friendly attentive staff and delicious food.
We both indulged in treatments in the Spa and I had one of the best facials I have ever had - I felt very spoilt!
Breakfast as ever was a delight with a huge range of lovely buffet choices (a la carte is also available).
Although this is an expensive hotel, we both feel it is worth every penny for a special treat. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosy944

Dear Rosy944,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel during your recent visit to Dublin and also for your valued review.

I am pleased that you had a memorable stay and were happy with our accommodations and facilities.

Once again, thank you for sharing your opinion with us and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

The Four Seasons in Dublin is an excellent place to stay.

We arrived after a very long series of flights, missing luggage and getting lost and we were greeted by friendly, welcoming staff and superb facilities. The hotel even followed up on our missing luggage for us.

The breakfasts are spectacular and you're guaranteed to leave bursting! The food available during the day is also lovely and a decent size quantity is served.

The rooms are a decent size, the bed and pillows are fabulously comfortable and the bathroom is huge.

I would definitely stay here again and strongly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Liz915

Dear Liz915,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel for your recent trip to Dublin and for recommending us.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with the service you received and our facilities.

We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.