“Best Experience - Cant Wait To Go Back.”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #14 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My holiday really started when I contacted the sales team at the Four Seasons Hotel, their professionalism was outstanding in looking after my holiday requests and my children especially loved their stay. They were greeted at check in by Preetam, with their own step and check in card and they were sent to their room with choclate coins from a pirates chest and a balloon, a great start and without doubt the best breakfast I've ever had, the kids are still talking about their chocolate pancakes! Very child friendly and I can't wait for my next visit. My only reqeust would be that whilst the hotel does have a business center with free internet service it would be more convenient for guests to have free internet in their rooms.

1  Thank AineW
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Dear AineW,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Four Seasons Hotel regarding your recent stay in Dublin.

It is encouraging to hear that our team was able to provide you and your family with excellent service and attention throughout your stay. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to our staff, Preetam in particular.

We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you and your family back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last.

Jose A. Soriano

Write a ReviewReviews (2,063)

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Had a recent Christmas party where the staff, accomodation, food and overall experience was exceptional.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear GerDDuleek_Ireland,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for your Christmas Party.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your night and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

This was my first stay in the Four Seasons and it was a treat for my parents as my father was celebrating his 80th birthday. Check in was efficient and friendly.

My brother and I stayed in a twin room and our parents in an executive suite. Our room was bright and spacious for a twin room and the bathroom is an good size as well with a walk in shower and separate bath. My brother and I both agreed that the room could do with being refurbished. Purely from the perspective of what one see's in other 5 star hotels, this one is dated.

Our parents were delighted with their room which had a spacious lounge, separate dressing room and walk in wardrobes. Again whilst my parents were delighted with the room, knowing what is out there in more modern hotels would again suggest that the room could do with an upgrade. Having said that, both rooms were comfortable and provided a good night's sleep.

The food was excellent, both for breakfast and for dinner. When confirming our reservation I advised that the reason for our stay was to celebrate my father's birthday. The hotel of their own accord kindly left a small birthday cake in my parents room on our first evening. It was a nice touch and is a good indication of the service one can expect. The service is excellent throughout and aside from the need to upgrade the rooms, the hotel is value for money.

Our rate was a room basis including breakfast. There are many other hotels which are more expensive on the basis that they charge on a per person basis which is something which I frankly find annoying and would not deliver half the service that the Four Seasons deliver.

Dear Irishman_on_tour,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for your Fathers recent 80th Birthday Celebration. I am delighted to note that you all had a memorable stay and that you enjoyed the experience, the comfortable rooms and the food.

I am pleased to tell you that we are about to embark on a renovation project that will include many parts of the hotel including the bedrooms. This will certainly help us to provide a better offering to our guests.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

The room was a decent size, and very comfortable beds. The food was outstanding. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My kids were given treats, which they loved. We had lots of fun here, a great place. (well, duh, it's the Four Seasons)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear 0Maeday0,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted to note that you and your family had a wonderful stay and we do hope to have the opporunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Gneral Manager

Reviewed December 23, 2011

This was my second stay at the Four Seasons in Dublin and, as remembered, every detail was perfect from start-to-finish. I arrived in a taxi before my friend and my bags were immediately taken so I could check in with ease. Check in was entirely pleasant and without complication. I was able to leave a keycard for my friend who would be arriving later. We also received a room upgrade on arrival.

, I had to send some documents with some urgency so I went straight to the spacious and comfortable business centre to do so without any ahssle before going to the room. When I got to the room on the second floor it was spacious and well-appointed with high-quality furniture and the wonderfully-spacious bathroom one comes to expect from Four Seasons.

When my friend arrived we had a few drinks in the lounge area as the Ice Bar was jam-packed with people enjoying pre-Christmas drinks. We were eating dinner that evening in Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud and when I asked for a taxi to the restaurant the concierge immediately had one of the porters show us to one of the Four Seasons cars (a luxury seven-series BMW) which drove us to the restaurant.

When we returned after dinner the Ice Bar was a little bit more quite so we had a couple of extra drinks there before retiring to enjoy a wonderful night of sleep.

Breakfast the following morning in the Seasons restaurant was up to the usual standard and every enjoyable In addition to the cooked breakfast (which was presented in a wonderful way) there was the continental buffee, a hot buffee, and a chef on-hand to cooks eggs to the guests' preference.

From start-to-finish the service in the hotel was exceptional. All of the staff members we interacted with were extremely pleasant, competent and efficient.

My only regret was that it was only one night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Dear dubsthcentralboy,

My sincere thanks and appreciation to you for taking the time to post a positive review of your stay with us.

It is a great pleasure to read such a positive review. It is encouraging to hear that you were provided with a warm welcome and reception for the time you were with us and that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sharing your kind words with our Team here in Dublin.

We do hope to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin in the near future.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed in late August for two nights celebrating a special anniversary. The hotel was difficult to find by car from the airport with directions from the website but it was also crowded due to a rugby game. Our room was medium sized and bright on a lower floor. There was a deck which would have been nice to go out on to see the grounds but the door was locked. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful and there was a handwritten note and plate of chocolates in our room...very nice touch! We loved the indoor pool and spa...so relaxing after a long trip. We did have breakfast our first morning while we waited for our room to be prepared...portions were large but food was not great and very overpriced..$50 for breakfast and coffee for two people. Service was ok. Overall the hotel was very nice and we enjoyed our stay. It was located in a quiet area outside the city center but is only a 10-15 minute bus ride to the sights. They have a free, secured parking lot at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
icdublin, Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. It am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, our team takes great pride in delivering a positive guest experience. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,
Ronan O'Halloran
Director of Rooms

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Service, atmosphere, overall trumps the Shelbourne, Westbury and the Westin by a long way.
Only 2K from town, if you can deal with a short taxi journey, Four Seasons is a must.
Shelbourne a 4 star mascarading as a 5 star.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
icdublin, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2016

Dear Joe R,
Thank you for choosing us as your destination for your stay in Dublin. Thank you also for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to see that on a whole you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Yours Sincerely,