Uppercross House Hotel
$181
$281
$247
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$206
$189
$423
$283
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Stauntons on the Green(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$227
$189
  • Breakfast included
$221
$201
  • Pool
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$120
$234
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centrehomely hoteltaxi rankbus servicecooked breakfastsingle roombeer gardenthe breakfast areafree wifibar next doorstayed nightsbudget hotelbus stopfull irishnice breakfasttwo night stayirish breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Having read some of your reviews I thought I should write mine something that always bothered me.. i stayed in uppercross house in 2005 cannot remember the exact date. I met a receptonist about 5ft 5ins approx wearing glasses dark hair and in her 30s approx. Her manner was terrible she was rude off handish etc. I was very stressed at the time and I just happened to say to her on passing I felt very stressed nothing more I remember well and she said something to the fact coming in here talking about your stress. Then i asked can i please see the room that really put her out big time. She was to put it bluntly horrible and a big turn off for me. I have since stayed in uppercross house and was made to feel so great met a beautiful foreign girl cannot remember polish or what. She restored my faith in uppercross house. I was delighted not to see the previous irish girl i had met

Stayed: December 2005
Reviewed May 9, 2008

I stopped here as part of a hen weekend, when we arrived the staff were helpful in showin us our rooms except we had requested a smoking room and wernt given one, later to be told the only available smoking room would be over a noisy part of the building. Also the bathroom door didnt shut at all. Eventually we got moved but the toliet in the new room kept breaking, the thing that you flish it with kept coming off so I had to remove the back of the cistern to get it back on! The room was clean and pleasent. The breakfast was ok, there was lots of choice but not much could be said about the full irish breakfast, it was quite overcooked. Rathmines is a bit of a distance from the airport and about 10 euro in a taxi from dublin town. It has a KFC and tesco just over the road.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed September 2, 2007

My wife and I have just come back from what I can say was a fantastic weekend.
I have stayed at this hotel previously soI had knew what amenities were nearby and and that is was good location.

City centre is a 9-10euro taxi each way. st stephens green 7-8euro each way. there are several bus route to city centre so that is also and option. Airport taxi is approx 22-25 euros each way. It was 25 euros going back but there was a big all ireland final game at croke park on the way back and the traffic was a little bad.

Rody Bolands is a top pub to visit the best in dublin in my opinion. One of the main reasons I stayed at the uppercross again as it is crawling distance from the hotel literally!!!! By day they serve food up until 9pm very reasonably priced and our meals were excellent. They also have all the sports on. By night it was absolutey buzzin great atmosphere little busy but good all the same. Live music sat night also, and if you like it a little quieter but still good atmosphere the madison bar a few down the road had a live band on who were really good also.

I was a little bit dissapointed in the room however, reason being, when I had stayed before there was nice power showers, comfy beds and underfloor heated floors. This time I must of got one of the older rooms should I say. The shower had no power more like (drip trickle drip trickle!) and the hot water only kicked in when when you turned the bath tap on. The bed was also very rickety and not very comfortable. If you get room 23 ask to be moved there are better rooms in the hotel.
On arrival the receptionist wasnt very welcoming either, was too busy eating her kfc and reading he magazine. I was stood there for about 30 seconds while she probably finished off her story befor she bothered to acknowledge me. Then we checked in we didnt get told where breakfast was, this wasnt a problem as I knew where it was but she didnt know I had stayed before and and should of explained where breakfast was and what time it is served from etc.

These minor details didnt effect my weekend as I had a fantastic time. Dublin is a superb place with good people. On returning I dont think I will stay at the uppercross I will venture else way however I willl return the Rathmines and visit Rody Bolands.
Mines a Guiness!

Gav + Emma

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2007

Myself and 2 friends have just returned from a 2 night stay at the uppercross house hotel.
It cost us 40 euro in a taxi to get there as there are no buses that drop you off near the hotel, the bus stop is a few miles away, not good if you have luggage!
On its website it states its a 15 minute walk from the town centre however it took us 45 minutes to get from the hotel to the centre of Dublin if not longer! Very misleading! The only reason we had chose this hotel was because it was central and we didn't fancy wondering about on our own at night.
It also states on the website transport can be arranged to take you to the airport, however when asked the woman behing the counter simply gave us a taxi number!
The food however was lovely and very well priced, the breakfast spread was great just what we needed after a night out!
The rooms were satisafactory, very clean with shower & bath facilities. It was very quiet and the night porters were very friendly, even when we rolled in at 3 in the morning!
The saving grace of this hotel is that it has an outstanding bar next door to it called Rody Bolands. This is by far the best pub i have ever been to! Great craic from all the staff and it's open till 3 in the morning with a DJ playing from 10 till closing time.
Even better there's a KFC across the road that's open till4!
Overall we enjoyed our stay the only let down was the position, too far out of the centre, but if you're looking for a great night out it is worth staying there just to go to the Rody Bolands Bar. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for the Ireland v England rugby game. I took note of all previous comments and found it to be well located with good bus and taxi links to central Dublin. It took me about 30 minutes pleasant walk to the St Stephens Square and museums area and another five to ten minutes on to O'Connell Street.

The staff were very friendly, specifically including the 3 Chinese staff who were all hard working and courteous. Mother Reillys bar and restaurant provided bar food with an attached restaurant. I ate in both and the food was good.

I have no hesitation in recommending a good, middle of the road hotel.

Tony from England