“Great hotel for a fair price!”

Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge
Ranked #51 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff is friendly and very accommodating. We got there early but they checked us in, stored our bags, and gave us ideas on what to do while we waited for our room. They even stored our bags for the morning after we checked out.

The rooms were clean, and had all of the essentials, shampoo, body wash, hair dryer.

The restaurant attached to the hotel is also very good and a great place to spend some of your time. They have some great music. The location is also great! It's close to many shops and dining venues as well as to the bus stops, which was essential for us since we had the hop on hop off bus pass that stopped right out front!

I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed there beginning of July. Rooms were clean and the location was fantastic. Walking distance to everything. Also enjoyed the pub. Great prices on draft. We had one of the larger rooms facing the river and it was quite spacious by Irish standards.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Located on the River Liffey in the center of the city. A short walk to many attractions, any type of restaurant, grocery stores, and the Temple Bar area. The hop on hop off bus stops in front of the hotel. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The wifi was great. The rooms were clean. The rooms were spacious. We had rooms on the interior of the building. No view but very quiet. The hotel had two elevators. No air conditioning, but it was not needed during our stay. Reasonable price for location and in comparison with other Dublin hotels. We had round trip air into Dublin to begin and end a month long trip to Europe. We had reservations for another hotel for when we returned to Dublin at the end of the month. After our stay at Arlington, we cancelled our other hotel and booked a room at Arlington for when we returned.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Located across from the river near O'Connell Bridge, this hotel is well situated to get to most places by walking. The rooms are nice, although the bathroom is dated. If you have a breakfast package, there is a wide selection. Wi-fi can be iffy, connecting and then disconnecting. There is a decent pub attached with a Gaelic music and dance show, but we didn't go to that. There was a lot of street noise as we had to keep the window open, but I don't know if any room would get you away from that as we overlooked a side street that wasn't busy.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very easy to get to from airport on AirLink bus 7euro. Smallish room but perfect for me alone. Quiet upper room (420) at back of hotel. Noise from alley at midnight as garbage collection is then. Only heard it one night of the two. Good shower and toilet, average toiletries and towels. Small but serviceable tv, brochures for city attractions helpful and led me to evening Ghost tour. Comfortable mattresses and pillows, nice linens. Front desk staff is without exception, very icy. A little chat helps but the person to speak to is the short, blonde young man. He's very nice and friendly. Chamber staff are very friendly and accommodating with a hello whenever you see them. Entertainment in hotel dining room/bar was really good. Bar man pours a stiff drink. Location is perfection, everything is right there. Easy walk to Temple Bar, shopping, Trinity College, St. Stephen's Green...all of it. I was a middle aged woman travelling alone and had no concerns for safety. I would return here as long as I was in the $120-130 a night range, high season.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Excellent hotel! Perfect city location on the river (they own 2 hotel locations). Easy walking to Dublin Castle, shopping and Temple Bar. The staff was excellent, the quad room was huge, all clean, clean clean!! The breakfast was superb!!!! The Irish dinner show was no Riverdance, but the 4-pc band and 4 dancers were so much fun and the food was excellent! Driving in Dublin is a trip though - like driving in Boston, MA the first time - know the 1-way streets!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed here a few mts back and hands up there was an issue with smoking towards the end of my stay.but all in all I found the staff at this establishment very very rude especially the girls at reception and I would never ever set foot in it again nor would I recommend it to anybody else.
I also found the door staff very unfriendly and imposing.of course I understand the hotel is located in city center and security have to be there.
I stayed here for a few days and the door staff were aware of this but still insisted on checking me on their register for no reason and it is not like the hotel was locked up or anything this was apox 7pm .intimadation at its best. The room were what I would call poky. Far far better bang for your buck in Dublin.I am sorry I did not post review early on.I sincerely hope they show more courtesy to there foreign guests than the did to me.
Maybe it would be a idea to have staff take a refresher course in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo