“Great mid-ranged hotel in central location”

Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge
Ranked #54 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Portland, Oregon
“Great mid-ranged hotel in central location”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Be aware this is your typical older budget mid-ranged priced hotel in the city, not advertising the standards of your branded hilton.

I found this hotel to be clean and friendly. The rooms, while older and a bit dated and worn where expected for the price and location, were comfortable for my 2 day stay. The bed and pillows a little stiff for my standards, but most hotels are the same.

I got a room on the 4th floor and to the west side and you could barely hear the bar noise down below and it did not bother me.

I ate lunch at the pub below one day and the food was excellent. I also came for the Celtic show the second night I was there....skipping the dinner and showing up right at the 8:30 start I got a bar seat center stage. The show itself was a bit campy but fun and entertaining and lasted about an hour and a half.

The location was very central off lower O'Connell. Easy bus ride from Airport via Airlink and a short 3-4 block walk from the stop. Tour buses stop right in front of hotel to boot! Easy way to get around for 2 days. Also easy walking distance from trinity College, Grafton Street and the parks as well as Temple Bar and Dublin Castle.

If I visited Dublin again I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lurch1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Arlington hotel is just the other side of the leffy river from temple bar. Near the main shopping streets. The staff where lovely especially the lady in the breakfast room.
Live music and irish dancing every night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nikki G
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed on the 15th/ 16th of November and had a great time as always.We get a warm welcome from the receipt staff and all the hotel team are very helpful even at 4 30 am !! Great Hotel , Great location an always plenty of entertainment !! C u all in April .Ger,Rob and Kev .

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Gerwil666
Cork,Ireland
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a great hen night here .Great food and entertainment the irish music and singing was excellent.Two stags were staying same weekend so very busy but had great time.Very central location ,nice bar food too.Bus stop right outside door and
train station about 10 minute drive.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank JaJen_10
Brighton
Reviewed November 19, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and we only had hot water for one night, we was offered a complimentary taxi to the airport the day of departure which arrived half an hour late as it went to the wrong hotel,making us late for our flight, the reception staff were quite unhelpful, however the breakfast staff were great very welcoming, probably wouldn't stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: back of hotel to avoid noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tramore, Ireland
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here in October 2013 (myself, husband, 3 boys aged 4,8,11) and it was lovely. Breakfast staff were amazing, remembering the kids' names n all! Ate so well at breakfast we barely needed anything at lunch. Service was excellent whenever we needed it. Rooms were cleaned to perfection!. Water pressure was great. Some noise on the 2nd floor from the dance show/night club but we were at the back so it was minimal. The rooms were huge for Irish standards and we had 2 rooms on the 2nd floor which were inter-connecting (I think it was 208 and 209)...weird thing though...when we woke on the first morning and walked into the interconnecting room where the boys were, there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke! We don't smoke and the windows weren't even open! We mentioned it after breakfast on our way out for the day and when we came back it was gone (odd swiff of it now and again if you concentrated hard) so we thought problem sorted! Woke up on the second morning and same thing! Like as if one of our boys had been smoking LOTS in the room! (the oldest was 11yrs)...Both nights we heard someone putting money into the vending machine around 2-3am but then it continued...they didn't press any buttons to get a snack, they just kept putting money in! But when one of us (first night it was my son) got up to use the toilet, the money clinking stopped! Second night I heard the money again, so I waited and waited and someone kept putting money in and not retrieving anything!?!?! So I got up to use the toilet and immediately, it stopped...I didn't sleep after this! My husband would not be a "believer" of ghosts per say, but we both believe "something/someone" was in our room or very near. I would NEVER stay on this floor again and would NOT stay here without my husband/teddy bear to snuggle up to at night for fear of it happening again! I did not tell my kids about this as we may stay here again because of the central location, friendly staff, and cheap offers, but I personally would avoid rooms 208/209 at all costs! Other than that, amazing hotel...only lost one star in my mind because of the "ghost"

Room Tip: I believe 208 and/or 209 are haunted so stay if you want, but I won't be staying anywhere NEAR 2...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank 3CrazyBoys3
Birmingham
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We arrived early afternoon to be told the room would not be available until 3pm, not a problem. Receptionist acknowledged we had paid for the room in advance but asked to swipe our credit card to secure payment of incidentals. We were asked to tap in our pin number which we duly did. As the transaction completed we noticed a debit of 69 Euros on the screen.... what ! We asked what the payment was for, the receptionist apologised - it was mistake, and were given a credit on the transaction. Returned for our room key at 3pm, given a first floor room, not a front view, smallish room, again not a problem. I opened the net curtain to find a variety of large ducting and a row of large noisy ventilating fans right out side the window - aaargh. Returned to reception - not a good start.

Dealt with quickly, efficiently and politely by reception, the room we were then given was on the fourth floor and it was superb. Breakfast is buffet style, fresh and plentiful. Staff are so welcoming and friendly. On the ground floor there is a huge bar & eating place which has live bands in the evening and has a real buzz about it, there is a great little heated veranda at the front of the hotel where you can take an evening drink.

The hotel is centrally located, looks out onto the Liffey and close to temple bar. Several of the must see sites are within walking distance. All in all would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If possible when booking request a high room to avoid traffic noise, the room we had was a side view...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple