“Mixed Feelings: Great location and service; average room”

Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge
Ranked #50 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Spending a one night stop over in Dublin, my boyfriend and I booked this hotel. The location is a huge plus, so centrally located in easy walking distance to most of the sights, especially the Temple Bar area. The concierge staff were very helpful upon check in and check out, even arranging a wake up call and taxi for departure.

The room itself is three star. There was some mould in the tiles (I know this is very difficult to remove) in the bathroom. However, there was no shampoo/conditioner provided. The bottles of body wash were fixed high in the shower, so if you were to have a bath, there were not in reach.

The pillows were very flat, and they needed to provide two to compensate for this. The beds were comfortable and clean otherwise.

Our room was next to another building, so no view was being paid for either. At nearly 180 euros, I thought, sure we are paying for the location, however the room itself is certainly not worth that, but it is made up for great service.

Jury is out for me on this one; make your own call.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellingcee8
ArloManager, Manager at Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Travellingcee8,

Thank you for your honest review, I have discussed your issues with the Accommodation Manager and we are using your feedback to improve our service. I was very happy to hear that our Team provided great service and I will pass on your comments to them. If you wish to discuss this further I would appreciate it if you would contact me on operations@arlington.ie.

Kind Regards,

Eugene

Write a ReviewReviews (3,006)

Reviewed September 16, 2012

If the Arlington Hotel is like the Irish singing and dancing shows that feature every evening, then it must be worth residing in while in Dublin. The show my wife and I attended was terrific and the dinner was scrumtious. I must admit I found it diffficult to unwind. The experience was simply fantastic

Room Tip: Book early for the show since it is very much in demand.

Dear Lisledam,

I must admit that is is fantastic to read a review complimenting the hotel from a guest who was not a resident. We have spent a long time perfecting our Irish Nights and I am delighted that you enjoyed your night. I hope to welcome you as a resident in the future and I will pass your compliments to our Team.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Three brothers and our wives booked 3 rooms and stayed at the Arlington Sept. 4 and 5th. You can't find a better location. Close but not too close, to Temple bar area - 4 min, Trinity College - 6 min., and Dublin Castle - 8 min., good shopping 2-5-10 min. walks. Transit... right outside the door. Hop on Bus also stops at the front door.
The hotel has great breakfast and of course Carol is the best at running the dining room in the morning. Always a smile, cheerful hello and always asks, "Can I get you anything, Love"
Rooms are good and clean but show a little wear. We had one with a balcony over the rear alley. It was nice to open and let the night air in but a little noisy early in the am. There were deliveries, demolition next door, so we had to shut it.
The dining area has opening doors so you fell like you are on the street. Get a table at the front for the best people watching. They were very accommodating when we moved tables to seat 6 by the sidewalk. They even helped set it up. Food was good and the beer cold and refreshing. Full bar menu. Try an Irish Black Russian. Loved them....a lot.... until the next morning. Ouch!
Did not go to the show but heard it and watched some as we came in one night and everyone seemed to be having a good time.
All in All a good stop along the way. Is there fancier hotels... absolutely, newer updated ones.... yes, but friendlier, cleaner and over good value, No.
That's more important to us.

Room Tip: Room 222 has a balcony that has a door that opens over the alley but lets a nice breeze in.

Dear OneCanadian Traveler,

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate that you took the time out to comment on our hotel. I will thank the Team for making your stay such an enjoyable experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during a work trip to attend a conference at Trinity College. I loved the location by the river and it was easy to explore the city from there.

I had a double room and it was lovely, with a large bed, a desk, and a bathroom with bathtub. It was warm and clean.

I had trouble sleeping one night as I could hear children playing and crying in the room next door- the rooms seemed to be joined by a door that could be opened if desired, and the sound really carried through the crack under the door. Apart from that, I really enjoyed my stay in the hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms with doors that connect them to other rooms- even if shut the sound carries throu...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2012

the arlington hotel on batchelors walk is just off O;connell street, different from the arlington not too far away! this hotel is the old world of ireland, woith suits of armour in the reception, the rooms are lovely and bright and clean and sound proofed!

the bar downstairs has irish music and irish dancers every night FREE!! the bar is so lively and fun, and you can actually book ann irish night with meal in the downstairs bar!

I love this hotel, its 1 minute from O;connell street main shops and restaurants etc. love it ! you can get a cheap deal on internet otherwise you;ll pay the american tourist prices!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel has abosultely everything you could want from the culture of a visit to Dublin. I booked an executive room on the 3rd floor facing the street and overlooking the Liffey. I was aware that these particular suites did not have access by lift and was fully prepared to carry the bags to the room, however was relieved when a bellboy did this for us. I had read other reviews about noise late at night but from our room you could not hear any noise from the bar/nightclub downstairs and only occasional noise from outside the front of the hotels where people congregated for the odd cigarette or two.

The rooms themselves were huge and offered tea and coffe making facilities, along with hair dryer, etc. The extra single bed at the other end of the huge room was the dumping ground for our cases.

The bar area on the ground floor next to reception is huge and is open from midday after the wonderful Arlington breakfast and serve a variety of different pub lunches at a reasonable price. Downstairs below that is basement where the Arlington hold their nightly dinner shows from 8pm featuring traditional Irish dancing and a fantastic band called Puca until around 11pm. Puca are brilliant and a must see.

The location of this hotel is a 10 minute walk from grafton Street and 5 mins from the Temple Bar area the other side of the Liffey.

Great place and back their in Jan 13. My executive room and 2 nights with Puca are nailed on. P.S:- You can see watch the band and the dancing without having to pay for the dinner.

Room Tip: Executive rooms have loads of space but no access by lift
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Glenn W
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is ideally located for exploring the museums and shopping in central Dublin. The Irish night shouldn't be missed it is a great way to relax your first night in Dublin. At breakfast get ahold of Carmen she'll look after you. She's a sweetie!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors get you away from the Irish night music.
1  Thank Duckconsultant